Coming to AD & Dubai. Need some help... | FerrariChat

Coming to AD & Dubai. Need some help...

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by Modificata, Feb 12, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Need some help from anyone who can help. Im Flying out to UAE on Monday for a week and want to visit some car sales and car parts places for exotics. I will be spending all my time in either AD or Dubai but other than the main dealers I dont know where to go. Can anyone make any recommendations (especially for parts). Im interested in Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, Porsche etc etc.

Also if anyone is free to meet up next week I'd love to meet up for a sheesha or coffee!

Thanks
    Adnaan

2. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    The moment you land pick up a copy of Autotrader UAE from any news stand, have to check out Princess Cars, Exotic Cars Dubai, Al Ain Class Motors, Prestige Cars and so on, I like AD, nice town, Dubais cool now too with less traffic and people, who says the recession is a bad thing LoooL :), have fun.

S

3. Hiper

Hiper Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2007
    Home
    As arezzo said, AutoTrader UAE is great! You will find cars in there that you'll never find in any DuPont Registry or European auto magazine.

I think the best place with most of these car (and maybe parts) showrooms is an area in Dubai called Al Owair. Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai also has a couple of exotic car showrooms, further down between all the main auto dealer showrooms.

4. Lars Theunissen

Lars Theunissen F1 Veteran

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    Hello Adnaan,

There´s a very big used car area in Dubai called something like "Al Aweer", located close to the road to Al Ain. Here you´ll find lots and lots of showrooms, some small, some a bit larger. There are quite a few dealers selling all kinds of exotic cars, so many Ferrari / Lamborghini / Porsche / Bentley and such can be found here, all concentrated in one place. Best is to park somehere and then walk around, as this is easier to spot which dealers have something special in (and often outside) their showrooms. BTW: Here is also the dealer located where I spotted your yellow 456 in 2006!

Also interesting is "Exotic Cars" on Sheikh Zayed Road (on the right side when driving from AD to DXB, still some way before you drive between the skyscrapers. You can also find off. Ferrari dealer Al Tayer Motors here, though they usually only have a few cars in their showroom.

In AD you should really visit Princess Cars, as this is a big, big showroom full of exotics. When driving from DXB to AD, you´ll see the new Ferrari/Maserati showroom on the right just before you drive over a bridge (on to the Island of AD). On the opposite side of the road you´ll find the Princess Cars showroom, next to BMW. Please note that they have a seperate warehouse with more exotics in the back of the showroom, just ask a salesman for entrance there. I´ll see if I can post a pic of the showroom after this post.

Hope this helps, have fun in Dubai!

Ciao,

Lars T.

PS: do you already have U.K. plates on your 456?

5. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #5 Lars Theunissen, Feb 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello again Adnaan,

First of all two pics of the Al Aweer Used Car Complex, sometimes also called Al Awir, I think.

As you can see in the first pic, all the showrooms are located directly next to eachother and lots of cars are also parked outside. On the 2nd pic you see one of the small dealers more close-up. Be careful to try to see if there´s anything interesting in the showroom while walking by. BTW: Indeed a copy of Auto Trader UAE is very helpful, as many of these dealers advertise their cars in that publication (so you know which dealers to look out for)

Ciao,

Lars T.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #6 Lars Theunissen, Feb 13, 2009
    Next up is Al Ain Class Motors, located in Al Ain (and they also have a branch at Al Aweer in Dubai). Also a very interesting dealership, located close to the Omani border and next to the Porsche dealer:

7. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #7 Lars Theunissen, Feb 13, 2009
  8. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #8 Lars Theunissen, Feb 13, 2009
    And directly opposite, the impressive showroom of Princess Cars. You can´t just cross the road though, as it actually is a highway, so you´ll have to drive there:

9. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    #9 Lars Theunissen, Feb 13, 2009
    And when in AD anyway, you might want to check out Prestige Cars. They don´t have a very big showroom, but specialize in highly modified Exotics, like Gemballa, Mansory and Novitec modified Ferrari, Porsche, Bentley, RR and such. They are quite close to the Corniche, so easy to include in your visit:

10. Lars Theunissen

Mar 2, 2005
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Lars Theunissen
    OK, that´s it so far.

I think Lamborghini might now also have opened a showroom in AD, but I don´t know where yet. And Lamborghini Dubai was also moving to a new location as I last visited them back in April 2008. I guess you should probably be able to find their new addresses through Google.

Enjoy your stay in the UAE! And if you get bored, maybe you could get a few snapshots for me of some VINs of exotics you see around there :)

Ciao,

Lars T.

11. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Salman

Thanks man. Thats the first thing I'll do after I land. I've heard about people are leaving their cars at the airport and skipping the country so if I see an Enzo with the keys in it i'll let you know!
    Thanks Hiper.
    Lars. Thanks a mill for all the info and pics. I'll let you know how it goes. BTW I still have the Saudi plates on the cars. Police and insurance company dont seem to mind. I've started the paperwork but I think it will be a few weeks until the transfer happens. Im in no rush!