Colorado Springs BMW/Ferrari Dealer in the 1970's? | FerrariChat

Colorado Springs BMW/Ferrari Dealer in the 1970's?

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by jimpo1, Mar 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Does anybody remember the name of the BMW/Ferrari dealership that was in Colorado Springs in the 70's/early 80's? I'm 95% sure it was on Fillmore, between Cascade and and I-25, on the South side of the street right where it curves. I remember being in the place when my Dad was looking at a BMW 528 many many years ago.

I'm doing some casual research on a car that was sold there and have been unable to dig up the name of the place.

2. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

I remember it, but not the name... maybe on Fillmore?

I also remember when Murray Motors in Denver was in a tiny shop on Dartmouth just West of Santa Fe. They had a showroom that held about 2 cars and a couple bays.

3. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    Winslow BMW of Colorado Springs ? They have been in business here for 50 years

4. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    That was Ralph Schomp BMW on Dartmouth not Murray. When I moved back to CO in 1980, I worked for a division of Superior Oil (oil shale) that had a pilot plant about half a mile from Schomp. I transferred BMWCCA membership to CO also and attended my first Rocky Mountain Chapter meeting at that facility and yes, it was small.

Murray was located downtown Denver somewhere...in between engineering jobs I wrenched on BMW's for one of Murray's former mechanics that opened up shop in Boulder. Artie Krill and BMW Werks.....

Brock