College Football 2018 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

College Football 2018

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Texas Forever, Sep 8, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Agreed. Plus Florida's SEC schedule is also much tougher than tOSU's Big 10 schedule and many more times tougher than ND's indy schedule.

I know a couple of big time Gator boosters (people who donate enough to meet the coach) and they didn't speak very highly of Meyer. They liked Muschamp but realized his vision wasn't compatible with the Gators fan base. They all universally hated McElwain (they told me they thought he was high when they met him). I also had dinner with a very successful OSU alum who loved Jim Tressel but hated Meyer, said he was dishonest.

I think Meyer is one of those guys who goes all in too deep and can't handle the pressure. Hell of a coach though. I would not be surprised at all if he turned up in South Bend.

BMW.SauberF1Team likes this.
  2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Meyer did win two titles at Florida, but the first was arguably partially Ron Zook's, since most of the starting players on that roster had been recruited by Zook. What do these same boosters think of Dan Mullen?

3. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Love him so far.

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    So that #1 defense of Michigan allowed 41 points to the Gators who lost 4 games this year like Kentucky and Missouri. Big Ten shouldn't be allowed to even play in a New Years 6 bowl let alone the playoffs...

And Notre Dame shouldn't be eligible for playoffs until they join a conference. I'm tired of seeing other teams left out and they go and get blown out.

schwoo likes this.
  5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  6. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Tua > Tyler

Tyler needs to return that Heisman. He will get annihilated in the NFL with that small frame of his. Stick to baseball...

7. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    He will. Make all the $, low risk of long term injury. He’d be a fool not to.

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Gawd, I am -so- tired of Bama. Can't knock the talent or coaching, but it's like watching the Astros play T-ball.

9. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    :D

10. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    How do we know the toothbrush was invented in Alabama? If it was invented anywhere else it would be called the teethbrush. ;)

All jokes aside I lived in Alabama (Bham) up until this past June for a few years. It would have been more enjoyable if I was rich and could afford a nice mansion in Mountain Brook and race a car on the Barber race track. Not really itching to go back there, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Wish it had a real airport and not one that required so many connections and so few flights...

11. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Should I invite you to my house for the championship game? Both of the boys are home. It’s contagious.

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Fortunately, OU made that comparison rather more reasonable by game's end. But a loss is still a loss.

13. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yeah and after the first quarter, I think the refs decided to take the night off too. Show me one offensive play ran by OU when their linemen weren't holding. And # 75 should have received his second unsportsmanlike and ejection when he held Williams to the ground after a sack. OU is a cheap, dirty team who got embarrassed on the big stage.

14. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Bama always charters with Delta for their away games and 3 years ago they had a 747 take them to Arizona against Clemson.

Has any college team ever chartered a 747 before? That's pretty ridiculous. I know it's happened in the NFL with the Bears in 2006 when they played in Miami (United charter).

https://bamahammer.com/2016/01/09/alabama-football-lands-in-arizona/

I wonder what they will fly this time. I know they have taken a 757 before for an Orlando game and a 767 the year after that 747 (link).

16. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I'm surprised they dont just buy one.

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If Georgia wanted to prove they belonged in the playoff, they blew it tonight. Texas obviously wanted to prove that they were back in the "big time" and it appears they have succeeded. Of course, the missing players for UGA were at least part of the reason for the result.

18. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Georgia always falls below expectations. They're the Michigan of the SEC.

Pretty funny watching Bevo charge after Uga and watching Uga run. I dislike UGA more than FSU. A lot of my friends ended up going to FSU and they at least win championships to earn some right to talk trash. Unlike UGA...

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Georgia's top 3 receivers and one of their top 2 running backs are all leaving early for the NFL. Another tight end is leaving school to return to his home state, and backup QB Justin Fields, who was a top recruit in the country a year ago, is leaving for Ohio State. I know that UGA had a highly-rated recruiting class, but that's an awful lot of offensive talent to leave at the same time!

(That's the second straight time that a Georgia QB who was a top recruit in the country has left to play elsewhere. I presume that Jacob Eason will be the likely starter for UW in 2019?)

20. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I'm scared we are gonna lose Monday

UroTrash likes this.
  21. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I think OSU is least stressful from ND and Florida. I think ND might be the most of those 3, but i think Texas is by far the most stressful - from the BOOSTERS. Money talks, and if the money isnt happy, the coach walks.
    Football-wise i dont know if any program has more stress than UT, ND, Florida.
    Hell even Alabama now has 'expectations' - they lose 2 games and its a losing season.

22. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Alabama - Clemson tonight in the so-called "Championship game". After this weekends exciting NFL match-ups, all I can say is "meh". Make that mega-meh!

23. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    These defenses look terrible.

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The tiger devoured the elephant! Amazing! :eek:

UroTrash likes this.
  25. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Good win for Clemson. Great quarterback. He seems like he has long term potential. Doing it with his arm combined with his height. True freshman, wow. I was rooting for Alabama because of being in the SEC and I have attended a wedding reception that was held at their stadium. I think Tua came in extremely overconfident thinking he was going to waltz all over them. The mistakes killed them. Even the early missed extra point. They did not come out how Saban typically has them prepared. I thought maybe there was going to be a QB switch at half. That would have been some poetic justice. I watched until the miss on the fake field goal. I felt like the game was over at that point.