Cold brewed coffee? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cold brewed coffee?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by tomc, Aug 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm only a cold brew coffee fan. Haven't had hot coffee in years.

2. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I generally only drink hot coffee first thing in the morning or maybe occasionally after a nice dinner. I've been getting iced Americanos for years at my local coffee stands. Lately one of them has been pushing cold brew. It's a bit more, I get that it takes a lot of coffee to make it. I've been ordering it lately and it's really good. Straight up iced is how I like it.

I've only tried making it at home once, don't think I had the formula down pat, it was ok but not great. Might have to try it again someday. :)

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    If I might inquire, what motivated the switch? Flavor? Acidity? Convenience?

Now that I have a good system to make it high strength, I have shifted mostly to cold brew in the summer. Once the weather cools off, then back to espresso or Turkish coffee. I don't drink much regular strength coffee anymore - more coffee, less volume for me...T

4. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Jdubbya...It's easy. 1 cup of coffee beans to 3 cups of water. Coarse grind on the coffee. Steep overnight. Stir a few times. Pour it into a French press, and that'll allow you to get separate out most of the grinds...T

5. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    In the mornings I always have vanilla bulletproof brand protein with coffee blended and poured in a large cup of ice.
    During the day if I have a second cup, it's always a fresh cup of cold brew. I've never been a fan of hot coffee. Never drank it. Never liked it. Just started drinking coffee 3+ years ago and cold brew was my dink of choice I guess.

tomc and TexasF355F1 like this.
  6. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I might try to make it again. But then again I'd miss out on the pretty young girls at the coffee stands if I stopped going altogether. ;)

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Good point. Forget I said anything about making your own cold brew at home!

T

Jdubbya likes this.