COD Black Ops 3 | FerrariChat

COD Black Ops 3

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rdefabri, Nov 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Anyone get it yet? Worth buying or just another re-hash?

I have Advanced Warfare, I wasn't a fan. Black Ops 2 and Ghosts were far better IMHO. Still, I like the series, I'm interested in giving it a try.

2. yoda

yoda F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2004
    UT
    I haven't played yet, but where Advanced Warfare was from Activision and Blacks Ops 3 is by Treyarch it should be better.

3. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
  4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It's more of the same, lets copy titanfall kinda stuff.

If you didn't like MW you probably wont like BOP3.

5. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Yea, I was concerned with it. For me, since the game play is mostly derivative, the story has to be compelling. I like a contemporary setting, not a futuristic scenario.

Favorite part of Ghosts was the multiplayer online - I still love it. I also liked the zombie stuff in BOP2, which I think they continue in BOP3, right?

6. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Zombies are back in BOP3. I haven't played it but have heard that is pretty challenging.

I have not played the campaign so I'm not sure how good it is.

I have enjoyed multiplayer for the most part. I've had connection issues with the servers so it has been frustrating at times. I haven't leveled up enough to find a gun I really like. I guess I just need to play a bit more.

7. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    Yeah Zombies is very challenging but only 1 map. They have added bubblegum machine that gives you power-ups and you can turn into a monster for a short period of time.

I'm half way into campaign the biggest plus is that it's 4 player co-op so at least you can have fun with friends. The story is a mishmash of other game ideas, I don't really care I just want to shoot stuff haha :eek:

8. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Multiplayer campaign is cool!

9. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Picked it up yesterday - we'll see how I like it tonight!

10. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    MW-4
    Black Ops-1
    World at War

Everything in between or after that has been garbage in my opinion. Nuketown is one of the greatest maps ever made, yet they never use it. K.I.S.S would work very well. I would love a COD version with a vote on everyones favorite Maps, Guns, and gameplay.

11. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    ^^ RobG I am right there with you brother. Well said.

12. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Did I earn a free exhaust!! YAYYY

Up until about 2 years ago I would hop on MW4 with like 6 or 7 friends just to play the old maps. If we tried playing online you'd get hacked in a matter of 30 seconds and the whole game is ruined so we went private. M4 with double tap was my go to. Same with Black ops. We'd hop on and there was still a few thousand people playing so we would do that.

I actually find the PS4 users a lot less frustrating than the Xbox users. Less campers. What system does everyone play on?

13. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I have COD-4 MW, that was good, but BOP2 blew it away...that was my reintroduction to COD (I had played the original COD / COD2 on the PC).

For me, Ghosts is awesome. The campaign is ok (I liked the BOP2 campaign better, and the MW even better than that), but much better than AW which followed.

AW collects dust. I had some issues getting the online element going and the jumping piece is glitchy. My daughters and I love playing Ghosts on Multiplayer - the games are great and we have a good crew of people we play with.

Hoping BOP3 gets it back on track. No need for gimmicks like jumping, that's stupid to me.

14. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I'm on Xbox.

You guys keep saying MW4, you mean COD4-MW, right? They only went up to MW3...

15. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hahaha - ding ding ding!

I did the same exact thing - and stopped cause the hax0rz. I do agree with the campers on PS4, definitely less. But I run into issues with connectivity compared to my xbox that sits right next to it. Only complaints for the PS4 is that...and it sounds like a personal problem lol.

16. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Xbox connectivity is glitchy no doubt.

You call 'em campers? I call them snipers. Either way, my kid and I can usually take care of them. Get a lot of fanbois that don't like a near 50 year old man laying waste to them, but it's so satisfying when I do it!!!

17. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    Hahaha. I agree w you on the camper/sniper lingo - all targets lol.

The Xbox I seem to have way less trouble with, but who knows.

"TRXVXS" on Xbox One if anyone wants to run it!

18. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Perhaps I'll get on after work and look you up. I'm rusty, need to polish my skills - it's been a few months since I played (which happens when soccer season starts, I coach 3 teams)!

On subject of favorite guns - what say you? On Ghosts, I'm Honey Badger as primary with the LSAT as backup (in particular, the range allows me to pummel snipers with hell fire - I'm also using armor piercing for those pesky Hinds).

I also like to carry IEDs and set traps. I give up some agility / speed perks, but well worth it.

19. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    Yeah COD4-MW.

I went the PS4 route instead of the Xbox route. Something about the "one" didn't sit well. I haven't had any problems yet with the PS4, but its definitely an older crowd and I'm in my 30's now so its less irritating. I hung up the 360 and have a PC also to take its place. I just miss Halo. Battle Rifles, no shields. Alllll Dayyyy

If anyone is on PS4 "halfachubbs"

Not snipers. Campers. Corner sitters that wait for you to talk around a corner and shoot you in the back. I miss black ops for 1 main reason. You could always tell if you were the host. When I was host, I'd kill all the campers on my own team until they left. :)

20. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Ah, I know about campers - yea, we get those, but they don't bother me as much. I'm generally closer to a camper than I am a sniper, but I don't run around like a crazy man either (that's what my daughter does).

21. rdefabri

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Ok - I've had time to provide my review / input. COD BOP 3 was the disappointment of the holiday season. I thought Advanced Warfare was crap, this is more of the same. Worse yet, it's buggy, it has incorrect information on available memory space needed to load, doesn't come with a campaign for Xbox 360, yada yada. Game play sucks too - I can't customize my loadout (it's more of a "package") and can't change my character (I mistakenly selected a girl, and it's fixed in appearance).

Zombies is stupid. You can morph into a monster (not sure why) and it takes place in an "1800's" style setting. It's really annoying.

We picked up COD Black Ops 2 for nothing, and that's pretty good. Nuketown is a riot, pure unadulterated shoot-em-up.

Now that I have many of the titles, I can say this - for me, COD Ghosts is by FAR the best game of the modern series. The Treyarch game are horrible (pre-Ghosts notwithstanding), and I can't understand why Infinity Ward wasn't leveraged (rumor has it they are doing the next COD game).

For the amount of money you spend on a game like this, I'm thinking twice next time. I'm more into the multiplayer aspect, so I want to customize my loadout and killstreaks, AS WELL AS MY CHARACTER'S APPEARANCE!

I love the Zombies aspect, but game play is really important. Extinction on COD Ghosts was incredible - blows any of the Zombies games away. Perhaps unfair because Ghosts was the last game before they got gimmicky (e.g., the extended jumping / wall walking), but I'm disappointed.

I've been rocking out on COD BOP 2 and Ghosts since Christmas, having a blast. If any of you are multiplayer on Xbox 360, I'm DoctorAwezome. Love to play some time.