CNC MOTORS | Page 2 | FerrariChat

CNC MOTORS

Discussion in '360/430' started by babci, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Thanks. Don't let the CNC Fan Boys or any other negative posters bother or intimidate you. You have nothing to apologize for you as you did post up an interesting query and have been more than complementary to all responders. You have been on point and inspired me to dig a bit deeper.

Section 11713 of the California Vehicle Code.
    A holder of a license issued under this article shall not do any of the following:
    item (c) Fail, within 48 hours, to withdraw in writing an advertisement of a vehicle that has been sold or withdrawn from sale.

In light of the CNC post #24 and their depth and level of experience I am truly surprised they were so unaware of the current laws and were willing to commit the infraction and take such a risk. I am sure they will say they didn't know but it doesn't really matter if they did or it's just spin control if it results in a future where they will be on top of their website updating better. AIG in the end.

2. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

I don't see any crime committed here. When I purchased my Fcar from a Ferrari dealer it took them ~ 3 weeks to pull it off their website after it was delivered to me. Let go and move on bro , life's too short.

3. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    "I don't see any crime committed here"

Might not be in Florida but then Florida is not California and the stated law applies to all dealers in located within the state of California the home of CNC Motors in the odd case you failed to notice. Thanks for your interest.

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    They know what they're doing. As noted by numerous folks in this thread, many dealers do the same thing...but for whatever reason CNC is getting singled out for it.

What's interesting is what Cam *didn't say* - he didn't address the systemic failures to keep their website up to date in a timely manner.

All I want to see is someone from CNC post "We heard your feedback on keeping our listings updated & we'll do better."

5. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ...another regulation that is impossible to enforce - think of all the ads that high volume dealers run on CL - but California is the land of regulation, and I am sure they have agents scouring the Web looking for these type of infractions :) Gotta keep that bureaucracy machine fed!

6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Ferrari of San Diego had an ad up on their site as well as dupont registry for a black Scud with 16m Italian flag stripes and red interior for about 6 months after it was sold. Even they admitted Dupont was rarely accurate and slow to update. And yes of course they did try to sell me on another Scud, which was not on their site. I can understand this can be a tactic dealers use for leads, but it's not like they wasted hours of your time telling you something that was false. As others have mentioned, quit being salty and move on. This is nothing new or irregular regardless of what the law states.

7. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

#32 Cigarzman, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    You are certainly welcome. :rolleyes:

8. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    +1

9. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #34 babci, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016

"but it's not like they wasted hours of your time telling you something that was false."

Even though you have no idea to how long someone else may spent on their work you certainly have the right to consider that your own time has no significant value, but making that decision on behalf of someone other than yourself and declaring that for them is false and presumptuous.

"This is nothing new or irregular regardless of what the law states"

So? It still does not make it legal or is it any qualifiable reason for any sort of misleading sales practices or for not performing their legal obligation for prompt website or any other form of advertising updating maintenance.

"quit being salty and move on"

Since FerrariChat is domiciled in the USA it lives in a first amendment environment if you have not noticed and if you don't agree with conflicting posts to your personal thoughts or opinions you are more than equally welcome to ignore them or reply to them and post your opinion on the contents. However since you have not been appointed to any legal position of authority over me our any of the other posters contributing here who may have positions different then yours please kindly refrain from issuing any commands regarding their right to editorialize or issue any orders for them to move on.

10. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    Jeez.... sounds like some in here are gearing up for a civil suit.

Lighten up!!!

11. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #36 babci, May 4, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2016
    Thanks for the apology I am sure it will be appreciated and I will pass it along.

Your explanation that your purchasing customer is/was not sure he was wanting to trade the car back in on another car you had for sale while over 3 weeks passed without a decision as to whether or not to move forward during which you continued to broadly market advertise the purchased car as unsold and then told someone the car had been sold twice is certainly unusual to say the least.

While I understand your explanation I am curious to know and understand why your firm with it's apparent experience, size, sales volume and community stature would be regulatory and attentively so lax in your advertising management that you would allow someone who may actively be looking to purchase that specification of car to be drawn to call and then be disappointed unless the intention was to attempt to sell them some other car in inventory?

In addition in the same post you go on to say in a conflicting statement you have updated the website to say the car is "SOLD" while simultaneously offering the same car at $300,000 to anyone who might be interested. I am confused does that mean the car is for sale or not?

12. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010

Holy run on sentences batman.

But seriously they probably marked it sold to appease all the Fchat lawyers. Best way to find out is to go play ball at $300K.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. elipinski

elipinski Formula 3

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    Emanuel
    Bought from them my Bentley Azure - straight forward deal, and could have not been happier with their procedures!

14. berdjis

berdjis Rookie

May 23, 2015
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Vahid
    I have personally worked with CNC over 7 cars in the past without complication. All transactions have been fruitful and as smooth as ever with no sense of dishonesty or transgression. I know that the aforementioned car is at CNC now and attempts have been made with the OP to get business going. So this all seems be a charade to put CNC in a bad spot... agenda anyone?

15. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    1+, ce genre de comportement viens d'une personne qui passe la majorité de leur temps à emmerder le monde...

16. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ...man you have wasted more time on this thread than your "friend" did calling up CNC....what's in it for your? Disgruntled girlfriend or troll?

17. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #42 babci, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 5, 2016
    " I know that the aforementioned car is at CNC now and attempts have been made with the OP to get business going."

" So this all seems be a charade to put CNC in a bad spot... agenda anyone?"

For the sake of accuracy and to address your question. Camerons CNC post #24 contained the following statements regarding the potential sale, offer, get the business going or however you wish to characterize them.

1. "If anyone is interested in the Scuderia at $300,000 and would like to see the car please let me know and I can coordinate getting the car here for you to see"

2."Please confirm you are interested in the car at $299,999 and I can work on getting the car back here for you to see"

At no point is it mentioned by Cameron/CNC anywhere on the thread that the car is at CNC nor has Cameron or any one else at CNC subsequently outside of their post #24 made any other"attempts "or replied to the AndCaNorm post #36 to their post #24.

If Cameron or you had carefully read the original post#1 of AndCaNorm it is very clear that the party that had called CNC initially was not AndCaNorm but was a friend of AndCaNorm.

Therefore if there is any charade being perpetrated it is patiently obvious that it is not coming from AndCaNorm as he is not the one who violated CVC Section 11713 and advertised a car that that was sold, and told anyone who may have called that it was not available and now is posting it is once more maybe available.

18. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ..which makes this whole thread completely ridiculous, AndCoNorm is not even an involved party but reporting hearsay. There is no evidence that this actually happened. WHY would he go out of his way to pull statutes to try to indict CNC while he wasn't the victim... If you have ever sold an exotic you might appreciate how fickle some buyers are, they agreed to buy the car and rescind on the deal for financing reasons or because their wives don't approve...I sold a car three time without ever actually selling it, did I tell folks it was sold, yes, did I sue for breach.. no, I relisted the car. I am sure high end dealer don't either, they move on and relist the car. You and all the busybodies will have a hard time proving that any statute was broken so why don't you focus on something meaning vs. disparage a business with excellent reputation.

19. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Makes you want to declare open season on lawyers, does it not?

20. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011

"There is no evidence that this actually happened"

It is not material if AndCoNorms friend actually called or not. The hard proof that the relevant statutes of CVC 11713, CCR Title 13, Sections 255.00-255.04 & CCR Title 13, Sections 260.00-262.09. were broken and violated by CNC is abundantly clear and self evident as witnessed by Cameron/CNCs own self incriminating statements in post #64 admitting and attesting to it in the three following separate statements contained therein.:#1"We sold the car to a customer who asked us to keep the car on our website" #2"There was never any intentions of a bait and switch or to deceive anyone" then just for grins #3"We update our website to “SOLD.”

Further it's not the first time CNC committed the same infraction as that again is attested to independently by the non hearsay first person statement of Sandy Eggos post #29:" I had the same experience a few months ago. Emailed about a car, told it was not available. Looked again a few weeks later and car was still on their website with no 'pending' or 'sold'. I emailed again "Hey, did the deal fall through?" "No, the car is long gone. We do have xyz available though..."

" why don't you focus on something meaning vs. disparage a business with excellent reputation."

I am not disparaging CNC at all that is simply your opinion. I am just posting facts while debating, and thoroughly enjoying exercising my first amendment rights communicating my opinions and thoughts along with the rest of the other posters here while not resorting to calling anybody names like some here that shall go unmentioned. Sorry you and some others here seem to find it so disturbing.

21. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Actually much like a gun, life jacket or parachute they can be quite useful when you find yourself needing one.:)

22. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, but this is not one of those cases.

23. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Thanks for the confirmation. Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong and be so kind as to illustrate on this thread where I or anyone else has stated that they are as you seem to be implying.

24. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #49 babci, May 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2016
    Babci with exception to your misnunubered referencing identification of the posts involved which should have read CNC #24 & Sandy Eggos#4 thank you very much for your interest, support and the above excellent reply to Jagbuffs post #43 where you artfully provide the proof and actual facts contained in CNCs confusing post reply #24 attempting to explain away the lax web updating and potential sales lead gathering practice they have exhibited on more than one occasion. I certainly wish CNC no ill will and only hope they will be more attentive to their web advertising and updating in the future.

25. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Who gives a crap? Move on.