CNC MOTORS | FerrariChat

CNC MOTORS

Discussion in '360/430' started by babci, Apr 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #1 babci, Apr 30, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2016
    Anybody here had the experience of CNC Motors pulling the old bait and switch on their website advertised cars? Had a friend who called them three and half weeks ago on the 2009 Abu Dhabi Scud currently listed and was told it was sold a week before and they just forgot to post it sold or remove it and they would do so immediately then asked if he was interested in a another color car that was in stock. He said no and kept searching then while checking two weeks later on Dupont he saw the same car CNC listing and called them again only to be told the same old story. Car is still posted on Dupont and their site for sale.

2. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have bought two cars from CNC and they were absolutely straight to deal with. Each time, it took weeks for my car to move to "sale pending" or "sold," even after I took delivery. I can 100% assure you that it's not a bait and switch tactic. They just don't update their site regularly and after you buy your car from them, it takes weeks for it to be switched to sold and then removed. They're a car dealer, not a web company.

And FWIW, Dupont and other sites are notorious for having cars on there that were sold months before.

3. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Haven't bought from CNC (yet) but I have bought cars through other outlets that still showed for sale online, even though I could see it sitting in my garage.

Sure, maybe it is an opportunity for improvement in terms of customer service, but by itself I wouldn't think of it as a reason to mistrust a dealer, and definitely wouldn't assume a 'bait and switch' motive.

4. Sandy Eggo

Sandy Eggo F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 4, 2009
    Encinitas, CA
    Full Name:
    Rick
    I had the same experience a few months ago. Emailed about a car, told it was not available. Looked again a few weeks later and car was still on their website with no 'pending' or 'sold'. I emailed again "Hey, did the deal fall through?" "No, the car is long gone. We do have xyz available though..."

I get what you're saying that they're a dealer not a web company but c'mon it's pretty pathetic. It's not like they're some mom-n-pop shop; they deal in serious volume. They should have a robust enough web platform to just "check a box" behind the scenes to move a car from available to pending or sold.

I'm not accusing them of bait-n-switch but they certainly do benefit from keeping old inventory appearing as 'available' online - it brings in the emails/phone calls which are then met with "but we have this for sale". I think it's 100% intentional. They can and should do better.

I wonder if they ever considered how much it irritates buyers and how it negatively impact their sales instead of boosting it.

I hope someone from CNC will come on here to explain how utterly complicated it is...I will reply by sending my 6th grader to help them out.

5. Formula1r

Formula1r Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    That's just bad business. It would take minutes to update cars to show sold. ..

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

6. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    A lot of dealers seem to do this. I've seen a few around here actually repost their ads over and and over for months, but marked "sold".
    Annoying, but car dealers have never had a problem with being tacky.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I completely get that it's not ideal but it's far from a big deal.

Let's be honest: I would rather that be the problem with a dealer than for a car to not be as advertised, to be jerked around in the sales process, or have them be super unresponsive to a problem after the sale. CNC is none of that. They're completely straight up and honest and easy to deal with.

Yes, the website sucks And I have also texted or called about cars on there that were sold so I know what it's like. It has nothing to do with dishonesty or bait and switch, though.

8. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2013
    SoCal.
    Not the most prompt "processing" but nothing to persecute a dealer like CNC over.

Funny this came up as I emailed Cam just two nights ago about their GT-R on the site and it was no longer available. Fine, I'll move on. When I bought another car from CNC it was taken offline before I even completed the paperwork. Great, I guess.... again, no big deal and no impact.

These are car dealers, not website retailers; cut them some slack. I'd like to see you put up your own website which lists dealers with bad website practices and then we'll measure how prompt you are to post every update you receive. ;) Nothing but love. Relax and lose the drama.

9. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Agreed. I haven't purchased from CNC but had talked to them about a few cars that I had mild interest in and found Cam to be up front and honest. So you called a place and a car was no longer for sale, it happens so move on, wasn't meant to be. Either be more diligent next time or lose again but don't blame a dealer for advertising and selling a car before you got there. It's not like you drove there and found out it was gone or they took your deposit on a non-existing vehicle.

10. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Their tactic is intentional, and not a huge deal....many dealers do exactly the same.

11. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    Thanks for all the replies and salient opinions. Seems like a few others here have experienced the same issues with them and it is typical of their practices. Odd for a company that lists and makes a big deal of the depth of experienced staff it has. But fortunately with the resources of sites like this it becomes really simple to see behind the curtain and get first hand info.

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    That is definitely not bait and switch. Your friend called on the Scud and they told him it was sold. Any dealer would then tell you he had one of a different color if you were interested. Not a big deal.

13. dreichman

dreichman Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2011
    Denver, CO
    last time I was in SoCal. I stopped by CNC to check the place out. They were very courteous and attentive. Seemed to have good knowledge about most of their inventory too. If they had a car that I wanted. I would buy from them.

14. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    No big deal, at least they didn't stitch you.
    Second hand car dealers...meh...

15. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    I bought my Scud from CNC, and they did absolutely everything they said they would. One of the best car buying experiences I've ever had. I wouldn't call this bait and switch, just late to remove a listing. I would not hold this against them, or think anything less of them for it.

David

16. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #16 babci, May 1, 2016
    Last edited: May 1, 2016
    Interesting points and opinions. Mine: Would bet heavy it does not take them 4+ weeks to post a newly acquired car to inventory. Used Car Dealer says it all.

17. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #17 babci, May 1, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2016
    Thanks again to all. Lots of pro and con with some very creative rationalizations for not promptly posting pending sale/sold or removing listings when sold. I agree that the act of posting sale pending or sold speed is obviously not a priority with them and why not leave the sold inventory on as long as legally(?) possible on to create more traffic to the site etc. However is it worth the potential unintentional bad PR and reputation damage?

I am not a lawyer but it also does seem weird they continue to advertise a vehicle for sale after it has long since been sold in light of the following taken from the California DMV Guide For Licensed Vehicle Dealers And Lessor-Realtors :

Page 6

False Advertising:

It is unlawful for any licensee to advertise any statements which are untrue or misleading, or to advertise any statement as part of a plan or scheme with the intent not to sell any vehicle or service so advertised at the price stated CVC Section 11713.

Advertising Defined:

Advertising refers to any statement, representation, act or announcement intentionally communicated to any member of the public by any means whatever, whether orally, in writing or otherwise CCR Title 13, Sections 255.00-255.04.

Advertising by Licensee:

Any advertising statements, representations, or offers made in connection with sale or attempted sale of any vehicle(s) shall be clearly set forth, and based on facts and shall be subject to CCR Title 13, Sections 260.00-262.09.

Page 8

Misleading Advertising:

Making any statement, whether in writing or orally, which is untrue or misleading CVC Section 11713(a).

18. IcedAmericano

IcedAmericano Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2013
    SoCal.
    I requested this thread to be closed. Anyone with an opinion is just going to get the same OP opinion about CNC back as a response; and we'll do it again and again. No value to the Ferrari community in this. :(

19. HIO Silver

HIO Silver Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2016
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Alonso C.
    I concur. 'Bought my 360 Spider from CNC last February (2016)and everything was as stated in the ad. My contact, Fraser, was very responsive during our month-long communications about several vehicles.

It took about five days to remove the web ad of my car.

20. Jagbuff

Jagbuff Formula 3

Jan 13, 2004
    Site of US F1 Race!
    Full Name:
    Franck
    ...well someone must have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express last night, you might not be a lawyer but you seem quite intent on creating a storm in a teacup. CNC has a great reputation, and the quality of their cars is top notch...the only bad PR that is being generated seems to come from a poster who has a friend who had this experience..Really? "Old Bait and switch"...come on your friend made a call on a car and he was told it was sold...the sales guy didn't tell him that is was available and had him come down to the dealer only to tell him it was gone and offered him another car...

Simple question to you - what's your angle on posting this and why do you pull statutes that no lay person would care about unless you have an agenda... how would posting this here help your friend... are you just trying to disparage CNC?

21. KM1959

KM1959 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2014
    Full Name:
    Kevin

22. babci

babci Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 19, 2011
    #22 babci, May 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
    " "Old Bait and switch"...come on your friend made a call on a car and he was told it was sold...the sales guy didn't tell him that is was available and had him come down to the dealer only to tell him it was gone and offered him another car.."

Never said they did only that they continue to advertise car already sold for over a month which is strange to me considering they show on their site they have a dedicated IT person for maintaining the site who could update the postings more promptly.

"Simple question to you - what's your angle on posting this and why do you pull statutes that no lay person would care about unless you have an agenda... how would posting this here help your friend... are you just trying to disparage CNC?”

No angle, no agenda, not trying to help a friend nor trying to disparage CNC. I actually admire their artfully constructed listings of inventory. Just commenting on some of the creative rationalizations trying to explain CNC sales used car sales techniques by repliers to my original post and then simply illustrating the relevant laws of the state CNC operate in. So very sorry if I may have offended any of the many zealous or otherwise fans of CNC.

23. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Probably bought over 30 cars from Cnc for myself , family members and helped customers with cars they had . All my transaction have been smooth and have no hesitation continuing to use them or recommend them to others .

24. Sales@CNCMOTORS

Sales@CNCMOTORS Formula 3

Aug 10, 2011
    Upland, California
    Full Name:
    Ira
    We apologize for any inconvenience. We sold the car to a customer who asked us to keep the car on our website because he is/was debating on trading the car back in on our 458 Speciale Aperta.

The customer lives locally and out of the country and has bought 40+ cars from us in the last 5 years. If anyone is interested in the Scuderia at $300,000 and would like to see the car please let me know and I can coordinate getting the car here for you to see

There was never any intentions of a bait and switch or to deceive anyone, sorry once again. We update our website to “SOLD.”

Hello,

Please confirm you are interested in the car at $299,999 and I can work on getting the car back here for you to see. Sorry for any inconveniences and let us know how we can help!

25. calder1

calder1 F1 Rookie
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 26, 2006
    Redondo Beach
    Full Name:
    Craig

Cool, I assume the friend of the "OP" will be calling you now to set up a viewing