458 - Clunking noise in the RHS drivers door | FerrariChat

458 Clunking noise in the RHS drivers door

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Nigel glen, Dec 31, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nigel glen

Nigel glen Rookie

Oct 16, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel glen
    Hi all - before I get the door stripped down my 2014 458 spider has an annoying noise in it as if something is loose and you hear it when you go over bumps. Any ideas? The sound seems to come from behind me and low down.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. FFan5

FFan5 Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2018
    I have to buckle the passenger seat belt, or I hear it bang against the carbon fiber passenger seat.

3. todd cloud

todd cloud Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I have to do this as well

4. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    Hi, interested as well.
    Same car, a "clunk" low behind me (around down my back) but it happens to me sometimes when I turn right, never over bumps. Not very often.
    I am positive that, in my case at least, it is not the belt buckle: definitely the noise is still there even with the belt buckled, plus it comes from somewhere else.
    Possibly from the foldable top storage (I can't recall if the noise is still there with the roof closed, sure it is there with the roof open, I think this is an important point to sort out), or the engine bay.
    In my case 99% it is not located in the door, so I would recommend to take some more time before dismantling it; of course it may be a different issue.
    Same question as Nigel: ideas?

5. Nigel glen

Nigel glen Rookie

Oct 16, 2020
    UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel glen
  6. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    Ops... sorry I now realize you are mentioning the "RHS driver's door" whereas mine is a LHS drive, so, once more, it may be a completely different issue...
    I confirm mine clunks behind the LHS seat (i.e. driver's seat on mine) on some right corners.
    Apologise for misreading.

7. Corradosv

Corradosv Karting

Oct 17, 2016
    Monaco MC
    For whoever may be interested or has the same issue I had: during the last service they found it, and it was some loose bolts of the driver's seat fixing (racing seats). Very easy (and obvious, now): worth a try.

8. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    I had clicking/ticking noise over bumps sounded like it was coming from above in the roof. It was actually some loose bolts on the roof mechanism behind the seat. Tightened up and all gone now. Stripped the entire roof before finding it …. Just glad it’s gone now.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat