Club Meets & Events! | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Club Meets & Events!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Jay GT4, Apr 22, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Victoria Trip August 3-5, 2007

The USA NWR-FCA club have decided to invite all Canadian Ferrari owners (not just FCA-Western Canada Region Club members) on our three day event to Victoria, but reservations must be made by the cutoff date of July 3rd, 2007 or whenever it sells out.

Enjoy the luxury of staying two nights in one of Victoria's finest 5 star hotels located right on the waterfont of the Inner Harbour. The Hotel Grand Pacific (hotelgrandpacific.com) will be our host for the weekend and they've graciously offered us a club discount rate of $100.00 below their normal weekend price. We will be joined by The USA Lamborghini Club and upon arrival in Victoria we will depart and travel two blocks to The Hotel Grand Pacific where we will meet Ferrari Club of America - Western Canada Region ( http://www.fca-westerncanada.org/) for a social hour and group dinner. Tides this weekend are extremely favorable with no minus tides and sailing departure levels of +3 feet on Friday and +4 feet on Sunday. These mild tides mean that ferry boarding will be gentler and easier for those Ferraris with low clearance.

Since we're staying two nights in Victoria, guests will unpack once for the entire weekend and have the whole city at their dispoal to tour, shop, and sightsee. Our Saturday drive in the countryside will highlight the spectacular scenic views of Vancouver Island including stops at the local wineries of Cherry Point ( http://www.cherrypointvineyards.com/) and Zanatta (http://www.zanatta.ca/) where we'll host an international luncheon. Afterwards we will return to Victoria with several options for our afternoon activities including visiting a local exotic automobile restoration shop, touring the Craigdarroch Castle (http://www.craigdarrochcastle.com/), viewing the Undersea Gardens (http://www.pacificunderseagardens.com/ ), and having high tea in the Fairmont Empress Hotel. Each of these locations are just footsteps away from our accomodations. Saturday night's dinner will highlight more socializing with our Canadian hosts and our traditional raffle.

Space is limited and all reservations must be made by the cutoff date of July 3rd. Telephone the Hotel Grand Pacific at 1-800-663-7550 and be sure to mention that you are part of The Ferrari Club weekend to receive the discounted rate of $189 Canadian per night plus tax and parking. Although every room in the Hotel has air conditioning and a balcony, I've also reserved higher level accomodations in the Grand Luxury suites for those that desire them, please be sure to inquire when making your reservation. The Hotel's underground garage will block off an exclusive area for our cars and each participant will be issued a magnetic card to access the gated parking entrance. In addition, there will be a roving guard to oversee the security after hours.

If you want to attend, you must:

1) Telephone the the Hotel Grand Pacific at 1-800-663-7550 and make your reservations. Be sure to mention you are with the Ferrari Club weekend to receive the discount.

2) Email Scott at [email protected] for directions on how to pay for the Friday dinner, Saturday winery lunch, and Saturday Dinner.

Again,
    the cutoff date is July 3rd and the trip is over half full as of May 1st.

2. Toronto308

Toronto308 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2006
    Toronto, ON
    Full Name:
    Esteban
    I'd like to come along, if it's not too late. I'll be going in my '79 308 GTS and bringing a friend along. I also have another friend who'd like to meet us in the London area. He's in a 944 S2. Is there a planned convoy from Toronto? If so, will we be stopping along the to pickup others in the west?

3. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    hay guys,
    sorry to chime in so late here, but can someone please reiterate the time/date for this event (GTA) 30 mins of looking yielded nothing for me
    thanks
    md

4. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Which event? There is a "search thread tool".

5. TCJ1965

TCJ1965 Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2004
    Hello All!

Only 1 month to go before the festival begins in Ottawa. Please visit www.fcaottawa.com to register on-line for the Festival and/or the Track Day at Calabogie Friday June 15th!

Register before May 18 and save $20 off the registration price. It should be a great weekend:

Friends!
    Food!
    Fun!
    Ferrari!

Visit www.fcaottawa.com for all the info and new pictures from the 2006 event!

CIAO!
    TCJ1965

6. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    What happened to this thread??? Why is there so many events tied in to the original RM meet May 12?

7. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    RM Restorations. May 12. approx. 11.00 am. Tours ongoing. Lunch at 1.30

8. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Your in :) I'll add you, the 308 and the 944 to the list. Check in with BigRed for the convoy on previous threads.

9. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Hate to be a winer, but this thread is too big and confusing to combine.

10. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Check in with BigRed. He has a convoy planned

11. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    4 - 308GTS '78/79/80(carb)
    308 GTS QV - 85
    328 GTS
    2 - 355 '97,99
    F40
    Testarossa '87
    old 12 banger (red TR)
    3 - 348ts '91, 92
    Dino or Boxer
    550 '01
    360-Modena '02 (tubi)
    575 - '05
    2- F355 - 98's
    355 F1 Spider '99
    F360 '03
    308 Dino GT4 '75
    other undecided Ferrari's to show

Complimentary cars:

Lamborghini Diablo '91
    Porsche 911 Carrera
    Lotus Elise
    Alpha Romeo Spider
    Fiat 124 '82 Spider
    Ford GT
    Porsche 911 C4S
    Porsche 944 S2
    Jaguar XK8
    Mercedes 380SL '83
    Camaro ragtop '97

12. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    WOW merging all these threads SUCKS, you cant tell which post is for which thread. Terrible...

13. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Please change it back

14. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I can't.

Oh well. Start new ones.

15. MikeMcC

MikeMcC Karting

Oct 8, 2005
    Near the capital, eh
    Full Name:
    Mike McCannell
    Nice, thanks for that.

16. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    DOWN WITH VASCO!

17. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    Hey Guys,
    I'm creating a new Thread for the Ferrari Meet at RM May 12. See you at the new post

18. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Ok....so let me get this straight. If I can't un-merge what I did then what would you like me to do? As I said....start new ones. I won't merge them. Remember, this is only the internet. Relax. ;)

P.S Manny & Stephan from Montreal and Ferrariguy from BC feel free to repost your events in seperate threads. Sorry for the confusion. I meant well.

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yes and Rick created one too. :D

20. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Easy there Drama queen. My heart is broken (Not) ;)

Just to conclude this,

I merged the threads in question because I meant well. I simply wanted to organize all events in one. It has obviously backfired. I apologize. Can we get back to talking cars? Man, a guy can't make an honest mistake around here lol. Ease up jeeezzz. No need for the drama-queen act please.

As I mentionned before there is no "un-merge" feature....can the original posters kindly redo do the threads in question?

Thanks guys.

21. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    V man, dont worry about it.

Its not a big deal.........im sure everyone can get over this. There are bigger issues in the world, than a few merged threads.

Come on , lets give Vasco a pass on this one. :D

22. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    You meant well Vasco :)

Reminds me of my high school basketball coach who used to say,

"Good plan, bad execution"

Not to worry big V, you're still universally loved and admired. :) :) :)

23. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hey no worries Joe. You know how it is....you can do a bunch of good things but people will always remember the one bad thing. ;) Oh well. It's in our Canadian blood to complain over silly things. :D

As Rickster said, there is bigger issues to worry about.

When the hell you heading into town to say hi dude?

24. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    I forgive you. Are you coming to RM on Saturday?
    Ragtop

25. CDN_Wolf_eh

CDN_Wolf_eh Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2006
    Mississauga, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mark
    So the Bull Run thread has been merged with this thread ...

Is anyone interested in convoying to Montreal for the start of the Bull Run? If I can't get away Friday afternoon or evening ... I'm thinking of leaving around 3A (Mississauga - Toronto area) ... driving there, taking lot's of pictures ... then following the cars out of Montreal ... hopefully they will be T.O. bound!

Mark