Clear Premium Fuel in Oregon | FerrariChat

Clear Premium Fuel in Oregon

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by donv, Jul 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Anyone know of a GOOD list of stations which sell clear premium (i.e. non-ethanol 92 octane)?

I've done some googling, and I'm not impressed with the list I've found. Many of the listed stations are either distributors or card-lock operations (both of which are useless to me), and on the other hand my run of the mill Chevron in North Plains, who sells it, appears on NO lists that I can find.

Or maybe just crowd-source a list here? My Mercedes 300SEL 6.3 has major vapor lock issues with ethanol, so I'm trying to run non-ethanol as much as possible.

I'll start:

Chevron, North Plains OR-- https://www.gasbuddy.com/station/10841

2. grngts

grngts Karting

Jun 22, 2008
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Bob

Don, have you tried pure-gas.org? It lists quite a few places in OR, although I didn't see any for North Plains.

3. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    That's one of the sites I'm complaining about. In addition to not having my North Plains Chevron (who has a big sign advertising it-- not exactly stealth), most of those stations are card lock, or boat marinas, or fuel distributors. Not open to the public, at least if you're in a car.

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
  5. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Pacific Pride is for "commercial" users only. If you have managed to sign up as a private car owner, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

I take it you don't have any issues finding non-ethanol premium in Washington? You guys might have less ridiculous fuel standards than we do, although I believe most (or all) of Oregon's gasoline comes from the refinery in Tacoma.

6. david

david Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2001
    Northwest
    Full Name:
    david
    I was going to mention Cenex, but when I looked at Oregon locations, it looks like they would be a little out of your way. I'm lucky because we have a Cenex right in town. I think they can do ethanol free because they service ag customers. It's amazing because they also price cheaper than the usual chain stations.

It's good to use in your outdoor equipment as well.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I have not signed up, but have a few friends that have. Since they don't run large companies, I can only assume the have a business license of some sort and used that as a way to get the card(s) issued.
    Pure gas is not super easy to find in WA either, most sellers are rural. I see many sellers in Portland, OR. There are only a couple in Seattle, one just down the street from me, but they only offer mid grade. I really have no need for it, so have only purchased on very rare occasions. Outside of Seattle, I have purchased a few times from a Cenex.

8. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think the problem for a lot of these guys is that they have to have a complete separate tank for the E0 fuel. A typical corner gas station just doesn't have the room for a whole separate tank setup.

9. docster

docster Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 14, 2004
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    David
    Don't know how convenient it is for you, but the Union 76 just east of the N Wilsonville exit off I-5, 8605 SW Elligsen Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070 has clear premium. Just 1/2 block from Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo.

donv and Art360Spider like this.
  10. Walt Gamble

Walt Gamble Formula Junior

May 22, 2014
    Bills Service, State and B, Lake Oswego...
    Bill's Service Inc

https://maps.app.goo.gl/VRdYfZWnmvvCLSpP7

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

donv likes this.
  11. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    True, to get an account with Pac Pride you have to own a business with a tax ID, but there is also a minimum about per month you must purchase. As I recall it was around $500 a month.

S. WA has a few of non ethical locations. I have one about a mile from my house.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

wiley355 and donv like this.
  12. wiley355

wiley355 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 10, 2010
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Wiley
    Non ethical? :)

f355spider likes this.
  13. Jonny Law

Jonny Law F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 6, 2008
    Over yonder.
    Full Name:
    IT Guy
    Yep.

f355spider likes this.
  14. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    Not sure what the laws are or what the logistics are but could you get a bulk type tank installed at your house and get gas delivered in bulk every month or two. Just trying to think out side of the box.

15. Dave46

Dave46 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    Central Washington
    Full Name:
    Robert Davison
    A check shows that it doesn't look like you have many Conoco stations available in Oregon. Some of them here in Central WA have non Ethanol
    General Store – Toppenish
    505 West First Ave. Toppenish, WA 98948
    Smitty's Conoco Cafe
    3508 Fruitvale Blvd, Yakima, WA 98902
    They usually have non ethanol premium.

16. CliffordK

CliffordK Rookie

Feb 6, 2021
    Springfield, OR
    Full Name:
    Clifford K
    There is a Union 76, 1376 Mohawk Blvd, Springfield, OR 97477 that sells it.

I need to remember to fill up on Lawnmower gas, and hopefully not have to keep cleaning the carb every year.

17. greginportlandor

Jul 3, 2020
    Astro Chevron 12479 SE 82nd Ave, Portland, OR 97266 — about 20 minutes from downtown.

donv likes this.
  18. donv

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    If you are downtown, there is also one on SE Mcloughlin.

19. greginportlandor

Jul 3, 2020
    It’s on my way home from work so I go there but thanks for the tip about the one on Mcloughlin.