Clear Bra Installer? | FerrariChat

Clear Bra Installer?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Zinger, Feb 5, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Who is the best clear protection film installer in Northern Virginia for a new 488GTB?

2. Flipjack

Flipjack Rookie

Feb 23, 2014
    Some will probably tell you get a mobile person to come to you but I wouldn't recommend it, especially in cold or hot weather, too many variables like temperature, lighting, airborne debris etc to ensure consistent quality results. Try Auto Armour Films, 800-966-4303, they do a lot of the high end cars in the area and have been in that business for has to be 15 years +. For years they did all the clear-bras at FoW and Algar in PA but do mostly direct retail now, They do still do the clear bras at Lambo/RR/McLaren of Sterling. The work is excellent and invisible with the top films available and prices good and straight up company, they know what they're doing, don't need to worry about the quality of the work or leaving car in their hands.

3. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I've used a few guys in the area, all are pretty good. FOW has a guy(Dexter) that is pretty good. Ron 703-626-8749 does Porsche and a few other dealers in the area. Dave at Pro Shield is good as well. May want to get a paint correction done first.

4. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would highly recommend Shy To(customcleartech.com)301-221-0994. He has done many high end cars, including my F430 spider. He and his wife are a team. He will come to you as well. Great guy!

5. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Thank you for the information!

6. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Who'd you end up using? I want to try someone new, may call Shy, Tlc auto detailing, or Randy at Detail Authority. So far, all positive feedback for those installers..

7. Zinger

Zinger Formula 3

Apr 11, 2009
    Leesburg, Va
    Full Name:
    Ryan M
    Exotic Vehicle Wraps in Sterling, VA. They did a great job.

8. dvsmith

dvsmith Rookie

Jul 31, 2010
    Consider FilmSource in Chantilly. They did the rockers on my 599 and my friend's brand new 488. Both cars will be at Katie's tomorrow if you want to check out the work. I'm no expert on wrapping cars, but I think it is a good idea to use guys that have the computerized equipment that cuts the patterns for the cars versus cutting/trimming the film on the car and risking damage to the paint.

9. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    I'll reach out to them but I'd actually prefer wrapped corners so you can't really tell its there. Some of the precut you can tell its there.

10. recoil

recoil Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2007
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Steve