Classic Auto Sales in Omaha | FerrariChat

Classic Auto Sales in Omaha

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by THE RED MENACE, Nov 16, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Has anyone done business with them? I might be interested in the 85 Testarossa they have does anyone have any thoughts?

2. Capone

Capone Karting

Mar 29, 2005
    Midwest
    I wouldn't buy an F-Car from them. Plus, that 85' Testarossa has been sitting there for like 4 years, in that same spot at the back right of the showroom. (So the belts havent been moving!) I'd keep looking.

And plus MOFO, you better not buy a TR, I wanna be the only guy in town with one!

3. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I e-mailed them yesterday and asked a few quesitons and they would rather me come in and talk about it rather than e-mail back and fourth, which I guess I can understand they are trying to make a sale. I always wonder when they say belts changed xxx miles ago, I would like to know the date, not how many miles ago on a car like that. You can relax, I doubt I will buy that TR, but even if I did, I live in Lincoln so we would have a buffer zone between them. Where do you get your car serviced? Is there anyone close to us in the middle of Ferrari nowhere? I talked to one of the salesmen at Ferrari of Denver and he told me that one of their best customers is in Omaha and has an Enzo, F40 ect. do you know this to be true?

4. EndymionMKII

EndymionMKII Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    I agree on staying away from the TR Red. One of my college classmates worked there and said that there were a slew of problems. The belts wern't the only thing if I recall.

I also remember them selling a 348 back in 2001 (or was that 2003). From what I understand that was a repaint.

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I tried to get Bob Woodhouse to be a Ferrari dealer as he sells about everything else, but he didn't seem interested. He sells enough Vipers, I figured he'd do well if just on the maintenance-side for a Ferrari biz to pay for itself.

6. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    how much are they asking for the TR?

7. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Woodhouse picked up the Porsche franchise, didn't they...

Tom... you're in Lincoln... do I know you?????

8. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    According to Woodhouse.com, yep.

9. NSXER

NSXER Formula 3

Jan 4, 2004
    Kansas
    I had a bad experience with them a few years ago. I was looking around their place and told them that I was looking for a convertible M3. The head sales guy looked at me funny and said that they never made a convertible M3. I told him that I was pretty sure that they did because the previous week I test drove one. He then told me that what I test drove was a chop-shop car. I am not the type to argue something out but the guy was so full of it. I calmly aked him if he was sure and he said, "I tell you what buddy, lets just call the local BMW dealership and ask them". I said fine and he called them, whoever he got on the line agreed with him and he said thanks and hung up. Knowing that I was correct, I asked him to bet $1,000 on it. He said fine in front of all the other sales guys. I then left and came back with pics and info from the internet. I calmly went inside and put them on his desk and told him that I would gladly take a check. He told me to get the hell out which I did and have not been back since. Other guys there I am sure are nice but this guy was not.

10. mkell

mkell Karting

Jul 28, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Lol, what a great story! Yea, I would stay away.

11. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Don't worry, anyone in Omaha that knows ANYTHING about cars avoids the place.

12. EndymionMKII

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    What Wiskey said to hell with 'em

13. Mehagi

Mehagi Rookie

Sep 30, 2006
    USA
    Achtung!!

14. SDChris

SDChris Formula 3

Mar 8, 2006
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #14 SDChris, Sep 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hey guys, not to get off topic but, this is Chris Kelly, Premier Motorcars of Sioux Falls, Ferrari chat site sponsor, and long time member of Ferrari Chat and **********. We are less then 4 hours north of Omaha, and we sell Lamborghini for the most part, we have had a couple of Ferrari's including a Enzo. I do have a TR coming in on trade...the car is red on black, just had the belts done it has 5,000 miles, and is local attorney owned...let me know..and any guys down in Omaha, let me what you guys are looking for!Like I said we sell nothing but Lamborghini and Ferrari. We are well known in the market, and have helped many many board members here and on LP..and would love to not only serve the Twin Cities but Omaha and the rest Nebraska as well, Plus we even offer free inclosed transport!!! Here is good pic of our trailer!!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    Has anyone had any recent experience with Classic Auto Sales in Omaha NE? I'm thinking about flying in to see a car and don't want to be surprised.

16. cxturboboost

cxturboboost Rookie

Jan 10, 2007
    Lincoln NE
    Full Name:
    Pete Kroll
    Hello,

Can I ask the people around lincoln to post which F cars they drive. I live in Lincoln and never see any? Maybe I'm in the wrong spots. Someday I would love to own a 308 QV when I can afford it. Thanks for any response. Good to know that their are some others in the same area with the mighty Ferrari. Do you really want Woodhouse as a dealer? I'm just asking because of some of the service work experience I've received in the past? Thanks

Pete

17. yaguar402

yaguar402 Rookie

Jan 21, 2007

it is true, i know him!

18. dasMafia

dasMafia Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2004
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    there are a precious few, but I do not currently know any of them... at least I don't think so.

I know there are a number of cars in omaha, but they don't appear to get driven that often.

Lincoln is only now really embracing BMW as "justifiable" brand, it will be some time, or possibly never, before an f-car would be acceptable to drive around town. I've been at the country club on a friday night in June where the nicest car was either an E320 or a Jag S-type... or my wifes old 5-series touring... its pretty bloody sad.

Lincoln people will spend 1-2MM on a palacial home, and drive a Lexus ES to work every day... it makes me ill... I used to catch an immense amount of flack over my 27,000-dollar Z3, I can't imagine what driving around with a 355 or 550 would do...

19. EndymionMKII

Aug 14, 2004
    Omaha
    Full Name:
    James
    I agree its pretty friggen sad. Then again I'm very sure that some of the people in Omaha don't take thier F cars out for the same reason that you mentioned. Personally I say F'em. If you have a F car (or any other exotic) who cares what a bunch of dim-witted yuppies think. Its your car and you busted your ass to get it.

Then again this IS Nebraska where not being a part of the flock is probally a criminal offense.

20. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    Tom, My name is Scott and I have a shop in the Kansas City area (Stilwell) and do Ferrari service. Rosso Motorsports is the name. When you get a car or if you need any help with finding one please let me know I would be glad to help. My number is 913-681-2220

21. cxturboboost

cxturboboost Rookie

Jan 10, 2007
    Lincoln NE
    Full Name:
    Pete Kroll
    Well guys...

Someday (I did say someday) When I have the funds, a 308 quattrovalve will be in the garage. I don't know when, but when the funds become available I will try to buy one. I'll drive it in Lincoln, but it will stay as pristine as I can keep it. I've always wanted one, and don't ever see any around here. Maybe someday I can provide an F-car for others to look at in this area?

Pete

22. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I'm in Omaha and I really doubt there is an F40 or an Enzo here.

I know a few guys with TR's/512's and 348's, and that's about it.
    I'm not saying there is definitely NOT an F40 or Enzo here, but I'm pretty well-connected and NOBODY I know has even heard of one here. (I never say never).

One guy tried to tell me there are 200+ Ferraris in Omaha, but we have figured there are closer to maybe 20.

As far as Woodhouse goes, any problem I've had they have taken care of. One time I told them 'do not go over X dollar amount without my permission', and they went over by double. I reminded him that I told him 'do not go over X amount before you consult me', and they cut it in half.

And, I've been trying to talk Bob Woodhouse into trying to deal Ferraris, and what does he do ? He buys the Porsche dealership a year after that.
    Did you know Woodhouse sells about 10x more vipers than anyone else in the entire nation ?

23. aspen99392610

aspen99392610 Rookie

Feb 12, 2007
    both the enzo, f 40. 288 gto.tr. mondial.328. boxer. are all in omaha..i guy has all of these in his garage..... pics to follow..i seen them and have pics...i have a 348.. there is probally 80 ferraris in omaha. i am a ferrari nut..

24. atomstrange

atomstrange Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Lenexa KS
    Full Name:
    Nathan
  25. cxturboboost

cxturboboost Rookie

Jan 10, 2007
    Lincoln NE
    Full Name:
    Pete Kroll
    Yes,

Omaha has a much better chance of F cars than Lincoln. We don't have the money down here like Omaha does. Thanks for any and all responses. I think the conclusion is that all the F-cars are in Omaha.

Pete