Clarkson on Veyron= | FerrariChat

Clarkson on Veyron=

Discussion in 'Bugatti' started by tonyh, Nov 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
  2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hooray for Bugatti!!

If they can impress Clarkson, they've done it.

3. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Whoa, someone likes the car.

All the haters are still gonna come back ... but it just reinforces my idea that the Veyron will be one of the milestones of automotive history ...

4. avalys

avalys Karting

May 26, 2004
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Alex Valys
    Wow, I can't believe it.

I thought it would be a big, bloated turd that had lots of power but turned about as well as an artillery shell. Apparently not.

5. masterflex164

masterflex164 Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2004
    New England
    Wow!!! One of the 1st non-british car he likes!! I'm suprised!! BUt isn't it French, and JC HATES French cars!

6. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    WOW that was a good write up. I wouldnt step foot inside that car though.

7. Baasha

Baasha Formula 3

Jun 20, 2004
    NorCal
    Bugatti is Italian if I remember right.. it seems to own every other car out there!

8. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    I think they were originally manufactured in france, but designed by some italian guys.

9. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I looooooove this car. It's ugly as hell, but there's no arguing with 4 turbos and 1001 HP.

10. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    You mean, if they paid Clarkson? Some of his statements make lunacy look eerily sane.

--Dan

11. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I am glad that he finally got to try it out and for a added bonus he liked it! If anyone has seen it, it is an impressive car and it brings alot of attention. It would be neat to one day drive 250 mph down a road.. safely:)

12. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Your right, but what i dont understand is the massive hatred this car has inspired, ive never seen such attacks on any other car in history, and ive been a major car fan for at least 25 years.
    I reckon its merely jealousy that their favourite car has been dethroned.Not unlike sports fans who riddicule and complain about the team that beats their team.Thers no other logical explanation for such passionate and frequent attacks.

13. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    You are in the UK, that might have something to do with it.

14. alan

alan Formula 3

Apr 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Alan
    I dont get your reply, are you saying that i dont understand why people hate the veyron because im in the U.K.? that does'nt make sense.

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    And that's out of line with any of his other reviews? :p

16. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    I dont "hate" the car, I would love to have the chance to drive one! What I dont like is the styling - the thing is pig ugly. Second, I hate how it was hyped to the Nth degree years before it ever hit the road. Anything that is hyped to be the latest and greatest will get jeered if it doesnt make its debut within a reasonable timeframe of being announced.

People are already getting tired of the Aston V8 for the same reason, and that IS a beautiful car!

17. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    But the Aston wasn't created to be the "Mt. Everest" of the automotive world.

The styling is different, but I don't find it unpleasant. I will reserve final judgement until I see the final version in the metal.

18. IROC_DIS

IROC_DIS Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    craig w.
    anyone watch the Top Gear episode last night with the GT vs F430 vs Zonda S trip? probably one of the best episodes of that show that i have ever seen

19. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht

Right, that just adds to the pile against the Veyron. Its sort of like saying "I built the most awesome house" but never showing any pics, and by the time you do show pics, it doesnt live up to the hype and people stopped caring and other homes which may not be as large but are more impressive all around have been built :)

20. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    its still one of the ugliest things Ive ever seen, but it must be and utter blast to drive......just dont glance back at it when your walking away ;)

21. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I have a hard time believing a 1950kgs AWD car will handle like an Elise..

22. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    For sheer acceleration and utility, why not buy a proper race car and use it the way you can? Practicalities of trailering, etc. are not an argument because obviously this isn't used daily, and monetary concerns are irrelevant.

--Dan

23. shiggins

shiggins Formula 3

Nov 20, 2004
    http://www.canadiandriver.com/articles/mlf/07veyron.htm

They say this concerning the handling:

24. scuderia15

scuderia15 Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    Thats why he said big elise. I wouldnt believe it either unless it was coming out of Jeremy Clarkson's mouth. He is so blunt with his opinion on cars that its hard to believe that he would be lying in this situation.

25. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Obviously the car is amazing but what I find truly amazing is the braking. 250mph to 0 in 10 seconds. Holy crap. How does a F1 car compare to that? Anyone know?