Cincinnati Concours d'elegance | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cincinnati Concours d'elegance

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Ahmad310, May 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Rosso Corsa 360 Spider.

2. Premoto1

Premoto1 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2013
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Tyler Winslow
    I also believe the Auto Museum is Yeaggy's collection. Not open to the public. Only occasionally for events (charity, etc).

3. Ahmad310

Ahmad310 Rookie

Aug 29, 2008
    Cincinnati
    As stated here, you are probably referring to the private collection of Harry Yeaggy. In past years they usually bring several cars down for the show to display.

4. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    Wonderful group at dinner last night. Lots of red and white wine(good month) I tried to kick start the auction and bought the first item. A corvette table and chairs. Note, I do not own a vett but $$$ go to a needy cause. I gave the item away before the Ferrari club caught me with

5. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    To those that attended, I hope you enjoyed. It was simply a perfect weather day! Gorgeous cars everywhere you turned! I was so impressed by the showing of Astons. How about that original Bond car!?!

An impressive show all around. And brunch was so good! What a great day it was, next year I plan to bring my wife & daughters!

6. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    OH man!!! I wish I could have seen that Vector! I saw it at Jeff's Motorcars last year, but it would have been so cool to see it on the grass.

Chris

7. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #33 bundas, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    5000 showed. 300+ for dinner friday night. Sat. after cars and coffee we had a nice drive for 68 miles in perfect weather. Porsche dealer put on a nice spread for dinner Sat. night. all and all it was a great time. this old geezer is really worn out, but nicely.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #34 bundas, Jun 9, 2013
    i managed to about talk myself out of talk. the Vector owner bought two! the same day. the 007 owner is a local banker. so here i am promoting a fund raiser for juvenile arthritis. actually i am just trying to get near this cute young lady but that is her new husband and she as not blind, darn.

9. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    I would love to do a video shoot with that Vector.

Chris

10. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #36 bundas, Jun 9, 2013
  11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    The Corvette SS! Wow!

12. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    Anyone see the accident with the McLaren 12C Spider and Monteverdi?

13. flyinglakland

flyinglakland Karting

Sep 16, 2010
  14. TiGumz

TiGumz Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Ohio
    I had a great weekend of car activities! All three Ault Park events were fun and well attended. The show itself was packed. The only reason I didn't do the Saturday cruise was because I went to Columbus (via Dayton) with some of the local ohiobimmer guys to Timmayfest.

I can confirm that Bundas did win the Corvette items at the live auction on Friday, however there is no proof he still doesn't have them in his possession :eek:

@Scott85: great photos, as usual, Thanks

Yikes! Since both were blue ribbon cars, I wonder if they came together while in the trophy line?

15. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    No, but I heard it. The Monteverdi received an award but wasn't there for the presentation.

16. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Wow, really? I remember seeing both of those cars - great. The Monteverdi was from Germany, I think. I'd be interested to learn more about this if anyone knows the actual story. Sad if true!

Thanks man, she was looking really good that day. She cleans up nicely - just a car wash, detail the rims, then hit it with some Zaino Z-8 Grand Finale spray, and she's ready to go. The best part was that I didn't see ANY fingerprints on her when I came back. People were coming up to me and complimenting her all morning (because I was waiting with her in the entry driveway for about 30 minutes for the ramps, and probably because my Dad and I were about the only Indian folks there!!!). It was real nice.

Scott85, no pictures of my 360!?! :( Just kidding - I left my camera elsewhere, so I'll try to post some more pics later. The yellow 458 Spider was stunning, as was the McLaren. Seeing the James Bond Aston in the flesh was like a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I couldn't believe it.

Bundas, sorry my Dad and I didn't stick around to talk. Your car did look fantastic on Sunday! We'll chat again sometime soon.

17. scuderia513

scuderia513 Formula 3

Oct 28, 2008
    OH
    Full Name:
    TYI
    I heard that the Monteverdi rear ended the Mac. I didn't see any damage to the Mac but the Monteverdi's left front side had a dent.

18. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Yikes. Ferrari and McLaren just can't get along, can they??? Sad.

19. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    #45 bundas, Jun 10, 2013
    I ended up with both vette bar tables. the second one was up at the Porsche dealer. I also ended up buying the 007 ride. all for a good cause. I gave the two vette packages to Opie since I do not own a vette and he does. he has a new 12,000 sq. ft. toy garage and needed something to sit on. I have not figured out how to post more than one photo. any guidance would b nice

20. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    What is the connection of Monteverdi to Ferrari?

21. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I didn't get over to the Ferrari parking area till around noon and you must've already left. I think I read somewhere you're in the dayton area. If that's true, I'm in kettering and can take some decent pics of you're car if you want to meet up somewhere on a weekend sometime. I'll also be covering the FCA 50th anniversary event in Cincy in a couple weeks if you're there.

22. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I thought the display plaque said something about Ferrari on it, I'll have to look at my photos.
    Peter Monteverdi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Don't know if that means anything...

My Dad and I left after brunch, around 11:45. I wanted to get home to my wife and kids, so we got there early and went in before the gen. public when it was not crowded at all.
    I'll be at the 50th anniversary event with my wife. See you then!

23. wendys is good

wendys is good Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2005
    Cincinnati Ohio
  24. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH