Cincinnati Concours d'elegance | FerrariChat

Cincinnati Concours d'elegance

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Ahmad310, May 22, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ahmad310

Ahmad310 Rookie

Aug 29, 2008
    Cincinnati
    I know they always have a good turn out but anyone planning on attending this year? Feature this year is Porsche.

AULT PARK Concours d'Elegance

2. AxerJk

AxerJk Formula 3

Jan 28, 2009
    Livonia, MI
    Full Name:
    Chris Ashworth
    Man, the Concours shows will likely be incredible this year, since there are so many anniversaries. I am deciding whether I want to make the drive.

Chris

3. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I'm planning to attend this year, my first time ever, and have been offered a space for my 360 in the Ferrari Club's on-site parking area (I am a club member).

I'm bringing a Porsche fan (it's OK, he's still a nice guy!) and he doesn't know I have a Ferrari, nor that we get some "special treatment" with regards to parking my car! It should be a nice treat for him.

4. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I am hoping to go also!

5. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I am hoping to be there! Have any of you been there before?

6. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    the Porsche dealer is having a real spread. i purchased the ticket bundle. heck the activities out. there is a lot going on so they normally run out of tickets

7. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    They are asking us Ferrari Club members who have been confirmed to park on the concours grounds to arrive by 9:00 am, so it'll be an early morning for me, but my 360 Spider will be on display with the other club members.

Because of the early arrival, my previous guest had to back out. So, I'm bringing my Dad and we'll be having the catered brunch also. If anyone wants to meet up at the event, let me know!

Raj

Edit: Bundas, Porsche is the featured marque this year, so that probably has something to do with the dealer's spread.

8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    planning on driing my 400ai, red(what else) i will do brunch. see u

9. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I'll be there for a baseball tournament so hopefully I'll have time to at least stop in and check out your guys cars in the parking lot. Rides will be greatly appreciated ;)

10. TiGumz

TiGumz Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Ohio
    Like Bundas did, I bought combo tickets starting with Friday night dinner. Will also be at brunch on Sunday. The only associated activity I am not doing is the Saturday afternoon cruise (I am going to Timmayfest in Columbus for a few hours). So many car activities that weekend, so little time!

Those interested in the brunch should get tickets asap, as they sell out quickly, I waited too long the past couple of years :(

See you all there!

11. Ahmad310

Ahmad310 Rookie

Aug 29, 2008
    Cincinnati
    Been there several times now, its always a great time with TON of beautiful cars of all makes and models. If you go on their website you can look back at pictures of the previous years lineup and never fails to have a great line up, seen everything from Enzo's/McLaren's down to rare classics!

12. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Do you think I should try and buy tickets to the actual show in advance?

13. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    You can buy them online for a small discount in advance. Otherwise, day-of-show costs are $25 per person, I think. All the "discounts" are pretty much limited to presale tickets.

I don't think they'll run out of tickets to the actual show, but for some of the other stuff (like brunch) they will probably run out.

Buying show tickets in advance will only hurt you if you don't go. If you're sure you're going, you'll save some money.

14. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thanks a ton! IDK if I'll be able to go because that'll be championship day in the baseball tournament I'm playing in. I'm hoping to be able to at least stop in and see the parking lot where you guys are!

15. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    You should be able to do that for free. But, be warned that they probably won't allow many cars from the general public in the area of the show. They have remote parking set up with shuttles, so you might have to do that, unless there is a drop off area nearby. I dunno.

16. flyinglakland

flyinglakland Karting

Sep 16, 2010
    Ill bring my ferrari t shirt!. :( Can an elise park with the cool f car guys?? haha

17. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    i remember her. she could park her body any where. great assets.

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Anyone familiar with the Auto Museum in Cincinnati?

19. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    never knew

20. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    #20 Scott85, Jun 4, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
    I'm pretty sure that's Harry Yeaggys collection . From what i've heard, not too many people get to see it , and no cameras allowed.

Garage Profile ? Harry Yeaggy

The Ault Park Concours is the best show in the area. None of the cars are roped off. I usually get there at about 9:30 to beat the crowds a little. It gets packed around noon-1 . There's as much of a show outside of the concours as in it. Pics from last year -
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/scott597/sets/72157630102437980/

21. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    You mean the parking lot is also packed with exotics?

22. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    Yes. There is "club" parking that goes around the circular driveway that goes around the park. Mini/Jaguar/Miata & Ferrari are near the entrance of the show, Porsche is up the hill(exit) on the other side of the playground (at least it was set up this way last year).

23. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    #23 IDriveM5, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    General Public parking is on Red Bank Road, and I believe that there are shuttles running constantly between Ault Park and the off-site parking lot.

Those lucky few of us with Club membership who RSVP'd early get to park in on-site parking (as Scott85 says) around the perimeter of the concours grounds - that's where my Ferrari will be, along with a few other members' cars. If the map is correct, Ferrari will be the first club parking area visible as you walk around the park. See attached.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. c-osu7

c-osu7 Karting

May 28, 2013
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thanks! What kind of Ferrari do you have?

25. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    You can also park in the residential areas surrounding the park, but you'd need to get there early for a decent/close spot.