Check out my website! | FerrariChat

Check out my website!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by SirAdam, Nov 29, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SirAdam

SirAdam Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    While I was sick last week I put together a HPDE specific forum..

Check it out and hope that you will participate..There is a Ferrari specific HPDE section..

www.hpdeforum.com

BTW: Mods/Admin: If not up to forum guidelines please close or delete.

Thanks!

Adam

2. kyleseyz

kyleseyz Karting

Jan 24, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    For now I will hold down the west coast! :D

3. SirAdam

SirAdam Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    LOL! Yeah no doubt!

4. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Gotta claim ignorance here. What exactly does HPDE stand for?

5. cshargh

cshargh Karting

Apr 18, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Cyrus
    Nice looking site. One small item:

In the Forum, under Modification, you misspelled Components.

Nice Work !

6. senna21

senna21 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles W
    Did you not read the opening paragraph? :) High Performance Driving Event.

7. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Cool Cool. Not too interested in racing myself so I'm not going to join but I like the design and nice job with 87 members in 1 week. Just one thing, the menu button text looks a little jaggedy, it would look better smoother (I'm not sure if the font was bad or if it's the gif format or what). But honestly, that's the only criticism I can come up with, good work!

8. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Pretty cool--I wish I had the know how to do something like that...

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    ...which is not to be confused with High Density Polyethylene

Delete the newbie/flu/"not a website developer"/Thanks for stopping by! reference from Home Page:

The idea for this HPDE forum came to me as I was heading back from the first National Corvette Museum High Performance Driving Event in October of 2005. While driving back I was wondering if there was a forum dedicated strictly to individuals who participate in HPDEs. Being a newbie in the HPDE world I was extremely excited and really wanted to share, read, and get pointers from others. I searched and searched and did not have any luck finding a HPDE website. While suffering from the flu I started creating what you see here. I am not a website developer as most of you can tell. I am just an enthusiast that has always had a strong passion for driving.

I hope you enjoy this site. Please participate in the forums, check out the links, the gallery and the calendar. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks for stopping by!
    ______

To something like:

In October of 2005, while driving from the first National Corvette Museum High Performance Driving Event, I wondered if there was a forum dedicated strictly to participants of HPDEs.

I searched far and wide and had no luck finding a HPDE website. Like yourself, I am an enthusiast that has always had a strong passion for driving, and want and need to share stories, news and resources with others around our exciting HPDE world.

Enjoy this site. Please participate in the forums, check out the links, gallery and calendar. Please let me know if you have any questions or comments about your online HPDE resource.

HPDEforum webmaster and enthusiast
    Adam Boca
    __

On the Links page:
    "Organazations" is in need of a touch-up: Organizations

I see your forum already has:
    210 Posts in 57 Topics by 105 Members

This is healthy, as I note first pics in Gallery were posted Nov. 11.

_____

Lastly, care must be taken when posting on what could, ostensibly be taken to be "competitor" sites - particularly when the very first post is one of self-promotion. You're quite fortunate, as no one cried "Spam!" from the very first response - as is often the case around F-Chat, as well it should be. However, it is your lucky day, as I have eaten nearly a box of Stove-Top stuffing, and, as such, am in no mood to split hairs.

10. SirAdam

SirAdam Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks Wax for the suggestions! I will be making some changes based on your feedback..I am a longtime F-Chat reader, but never posted. I registed as a member back in Jun I think when I was reading of the passing of a Ben, and really became hooked on this forum.

Thanks for allowing me to keep this post here.

Have a great evening enjoy the Stove Top and reflect on the passing of Stove Top dressings founder! LOL! Sorry I had to throw that in there..

Adam

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    So, YEAH! Reading comprehension was never my strength:) Thanks for the wake-up.

12. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Adam, as the admin, you really have to work on your grammar. I can deal with misspellings and poor punctuation contained in posts, but it's painful to see that in your posts and on the site itself.

Another recommendation is to consolidate the forums into just geographic regions, leaving the 'car clubs' to their own posts within each region.

13. SirAdam

SirAdam Rookie

Jun 3, 2005
    Thanks b-mak!

I appreciate it...

Adam