348 - Cheap 28mm RingNut Tool | FerrariChat

348 Cheap 28mm RingNut Tool

Discussion in '348/355' started by Koenig1, Apr 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    #1 Koenig1, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2021
    Well, I've found a much cheaper 28mm Ring-nut Tool that will fit the 348 steering wheel center, as well as the main belt drive pulley nut of 348s'.It bugged me fork out $100+ for a tool to be used a few times in my life. I discovered while searching for a cheaper alternative that the Ducati camshaft nut for a number of their larger cc bikes uses the same 28mm ring nut. I have verified the steering wheel nut, but my major has been put off a year, so can't properly confirm the ring-nut on the lower cambelt drive nut. (I have been told they are the same size) Anyway, the tool is sold for £18. out of Bikers Toolbox, UK
    Ducati Camshaft Nut Driver 28/37mm
    link below
    https://www.bikerstoolbox.co.uk/acatalog/Ducati-Engine-Tools-p2.html

Image Unavailable, Please Login

PaulK and spaghetti_jet like this.
  2. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    my thanks to 'Mod' for correcting my error!

3. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2018
    New York
    Full Name:
    Michael Orifici
    I have the tool you need. If you paypal me what it cost + shipping, then send it back when your done ill refund you the cost. It will only cost you the shipping.Like a loaner tool.

Sent from my SM-G960U using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Koenig1 likes this.
  4. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    'cantthinkofone' very nice offer... I'm sure others will be contacting you! I purchased the posted tool for the 18lbs($30.Can/$25US) and as stated it fits the steering ringnut perfectly! Alot better price than the nice expensive tool ($100 US) from Hill Engineering and others. Who knows, maybe others have friends with Ducatis!