Charles Leclerc- Ferrari Driver | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Charles Leclerc- Ferrari Driver

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Jun 6, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006

Not before Indycar tries them first ! ;)

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have been long a proponent of a sprinkler system. I can imagine some AI driven program, which feeds simulated meteorological information to the teams. They have to decide based on the fake clouds what strategy to apply. Eventually the program will turn on or off the sprinklers based on its own weather model. So it wouldn't be just completely random but somewhat predictable for the teams with still some randomized component to it of whether, when, how much and where it happens.

They could simulate a passing cloud affected just one outlier of the track or a full on rain or just a passing drizzle. Wouldn't be hard to program and implement.

3. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Sorry, but I don't follow you there.

Wet weather brings already too many uncertainties; so I wouldn't like to add to the number of natural rains we have each season.

It may be spectacular to watch, but it increases the risk of accidents, and can become a lottery.

It's not only the treacherous damp track conditions, but the lack of visibility caused by the spray that makes rainy weather hazardous.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Errrrrrrrrrr,,,,,,,,,,,,,no need to eliminate DSR in the rain....................

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    For the reasons you mention it will never happen.

6. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I'm no killjoy, but modern F1 has shown to be incompatible with rain.

7. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True. Maybe not so incompatible per se but definitely incompatible with the current viewership/sponsors and their risk tolerance.

If an accident with injuries was to happen due to artificial rain, the litigation would be endless.

8. william

Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I was thinking in technical terms.

Even threaded tyres do not prevent aquaplaning, as they are way too large for rainy conditions.

They only lift tons of water and provoke massive spray; this is what is the most dangerous.

But since they are part and parcel of the "open-wheels monoposto" configuration the FIA wants to keep for F1, there is no solution but avoid the rain.

Organisers, teams and drivers fear the rain; that's why races are delayed and only started it if there is no alternative.

9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Charles and Carlos getting a fair bit of extra-curricular testing since the start of the year. Good way to stay sharp and it’s showing. Well, more with Carlos maybe, ha-ha.

jpalmito likes this.
  10. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I’m pretty sure some here would believe the team and tire supplier organized a wet-weather tyre test on a dry track. :rolleyes::D:p

635CSI likes this.
  11. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Sharknose, Bas, furoni and 6 others like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Bas, Nortonious, 375+ and 1 other person like this.
  13. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    #188 jgonzalesm6, Jun 19, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    stavura, Nembo1777, Bas and 5 others like this.
  14. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Very happy for him. I read an interview the other day where Charles talks about his younger brother, and how their dad had to make the choice between either Charles or Arthur as he only had enough to support one of their careers. Alas, Charles was ''the chosen one''. It's worked well so far, I hope Arthur continues to improve! Maybe one day we get him to F1 and there'll be 2 brothers in F1 again...now if Charles then wins 5 titles for Ferrari...:)

ingegnere likes this.
  15. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    BANNED Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Neither Sainz , or LecLerc have the Talent to beat Hamilton, or Max, they will have to wait until they retire. Neither of them could beat Vettel or Alonso , when they where in theyre prime as well. I will bet 1000.00 that both will not win the title while Hamilton and Max are driving, its that simple, I dont want to burst your bubble, but its not going to happen.

Thank you

500tr likes this.
  16. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Charles' driving style is very similar to both Max and Lewis. If all things are exactly equal, he would beat Lewis, Max I don't know. Who knows, Ferrari builds an absolute monster of a car next year and they'll walk the titles (unlikely, I know).

ingegnere and jpalmito like this.
  17. Top speed

Top speed Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2020
    Full Name:
    Joonas
    Lol, I'll take that bet. If Ferrari provide even close to equal car to rb and merc, Charles' will take the title. Dunno why you mentioned Sainz, he is not on Lec's level. Vettel is the driver who was most flattered by his car, ever (you can pretend the ass whipping Charles' gave to him in scuderia wouldn't have happened 10 years ago, but do it on your own peril).

ginoBBi512, JL350, fil and 2 others like this.
  18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm glad this guy is banned because he was talking so much crap i didn't even know what to reply!!!!

kes7u and ginoBBi512 like this.
  19. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Good morning , thanks for the reply, I dont believe Ferrari will win anymore Titles until they hire an ultra talented driver from the lower ranks.

Thank you

20. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    #195 ginoBBi512, Jun 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Well we will see next year if Enzo was right, 60 % car, 40 % driver. If Vettel did not screw up , he could have won the title with the Ferrari , which was not as good as the Merc, I forgot what year, I think It was 2018. Ferrari has a much better car this year, and they have no chance of beating Red Bull or Mercedes, Max and Louis are the better drivers.

Thank you

21. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO

Im not a big Louis fan, but he almost won the title in his first year of F1, he in my estimation is a far better driver than LeClerc, all things being equal or not. I liken his talent to that of Mark Webber , not Louis.

Thank you

22. jgonzalesm6

Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    Ferrari currently in 2021 has a very good driver lineup.

It's the car. It was the car in 2020 and in 2019 (tire issues that date back that far till current) along with Vettel making mistakes.

23. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Ferrari has a much better car this year, but they are still getting spanked by Red Bull and Merc , why is that ? Even with the far less superior car, Vettel almost won the title if were not the mistakes, in Vettels prime, he far outdrives LeClerc, all day long and twice on Sunday, its that simple. This year has also seen lower to mid pack drivers passing both Ferrari drivers.

Thank you

24. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I tend to follow a driver that I like, rather than a team . I hope that Max wins this year. Ive got my fingers crossed for sure. He and Vettel have been the only drivers who have come close to bringing down the reign of Hamilton .

Thank you

Bas likes this.
  25. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    There is a troll in the dungeons.....

stavura, kes7u, Bas and 5 others like this.