CHALLENGE CENTER LOCK | FerrariChat

CHALLENGE CENTER LOCK

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by SSR, Aug 8, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    #1 SSR, Aug 8, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have a 430 scud and installed OEM 430 challenge hubs and centerlock wheels and the ABS sensors are sending a warning code because they sense different wheel speeds,i swapped the scud ABS sensors for the 430 ch but the problem is there,if we use the scanner the message goes but returns after just some meters of use.
    Do anyone knows how to adjust or reset the ABS hub sensors?

Thanks
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Mickster, ShineKen and janmante like this.
  2. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    #2 Ferrari_Michael, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
    The wheel speed sensors are not compatible. The inductive pick up is different to that of a challenge/road car, the rings are different, i believe the challenge rings have less pick ups.

You have to strip down the hubs, remove the bearings and fit the wheel speed sensors from the road car into the center lock bearing assembley.

Mike

Looks awesome BTW

janmante likes this.
  3. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    Yes I had to change the ABS sensors and ABS magnets from the Challenge to the OEM scud.
    This mod took some time and work but now it is working very good.

janmante likes this.
  4. Ferrari_Michael

Ferrari_Michael Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2006
    Fantastic! Glad to hear you got it sorted! Well worth the effort!

Have you got anymore pictures?

5. SSR

SSR Formula 3

Jun 14, 2007
    No more pics at the moment but today I made a 300 mille trip and the cars works perfect...

janmante likes this.
  6. janmante

janmante Karting
    BANNED

Jan 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    jan mante
    I just bought the last set of new center lock adaptors and wheels in the USA !
    I am interested in getting the 5 fixing bolts for each wheel adaptor made in TITAINIUM
    ACER racing is willing to make ONE set, 20 in titanium for $900 WE enquired IF the price could be reduced if additional were ordered at the same time ?

Is anyone w/ a set of the wheels interested in a set ? PLs PM mayhaps we could do a sort of group buy ?
    I already have a set of the ACER racing titanium lug bolts for OEM 5 bolt wheels they are superlative quality and very light saving about 6 Lbs ! ( total )
    Photo" a rusty set , ( not mine ! ) of the adaptor bolts we want to have made in Ti ! ( sorry only photo I could find ! ) Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. JShoffeitt

JShoffeitt Rookie

Jul 23, 2018
    Southern Pines, NC
    Full Name:
    John Shoffeitt
    Hi Jan,

I would be interested in purchasing the fixing bolts for the center lock adaptors in titanium. Am just now seeing your post. Wonder if it is too late to do a group buy with you? If it is too late, wonder if ACER racing would sell me the bolts in titanium? If you don’t mind, please let me know how this has worked out for you. Thanks! John