Ceramic | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Ceramic

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by babwine, Jan 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sandstrs

sandstrs Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    I have ceramic coated 3 of my current cars (2 are black and got tired of washing or having someone scratch them with bad towels, etc). I like it as it does "lock-in" a perfect paint correction and does give the glass-like shine. One was done over 3 years ago, is black and stays outside all day/night in S. Florida sun and still beads up as if newly waxed. Some drawbacks is that it does not do much to protect against rocks chips and other road debris (bugs and things like that, yes, but not all rock chips). More protection than nothing, but not great. PPF is much better for rock chips. All 3 have "lifetime" 7 layers, glass, wheels also. We will see how long lifetime lasts ... my thought is probably 5 years. I agree, garage queens it is not necessary.

2. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Thanks for the Ultimate Cloth advice-it's as adveritised.--very appropriate name.

docf likes this.
  3. IDriveM5

IDriveM5 F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2012
    Central Ohio
    Full Name:
    Raj
    I use Kamikaze ceramic coatings (multiple coats / layers) on my F Cars. I use Gyeon multi layer coatings on my daily drivers. I have had the cars paint corrected before being coated.
    I have been extremely happy with my ceramic coatings. The cars are considerably easier to wash and dry, and they tend not to hold onto dirt as much since the coatings are fairly hydrophobic.
    I also enjoy the benefits of going several years before the coating has “degraded” to the point where it is no longer effective. It’s worth the time saving to me.
    My cars are always among the cleanest examples, and I am consistently getting plenty of compliments, and people asking me why the cars look so good.
    Outside of maintenance washes, and the occasional overcoat / sacrificial layer; the cars don’t require anything else.
    I have been living with ceramic coated cars for at least 10 years, with my first coating being 22PLE.

4. Badbruno

Badbruno Karting

Dec 3, 2020
    Full Name:
    Carl M
    Absolutely I have all four cars coated
    White — Black and Corsa Blu no swirls gone no contact with paint best stuff