Ceramic coating and windshield/glass | FerrariChat

Ceramic coating and windshield/glass

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by rocketman, Oct 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    When having a car ceramic coated is it advisable to have the glass done too or does it distort the visibility ?

2. Rdwaggie

Rdwaggie Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 6, 2018
    They generally don’t do the glass because it wears off so fast on windshields etc. They have more temporary coatings that work well but have to be reapplied periodically

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. Creoz

Creoz Rookie

Mar 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Jan Vorisek
    I would recommend some ceramic glass cleaner and you can do it by yourself again and again because it lasts for short time. Visibility is 100%.

4. rocketman

rocketman Formula 3

Oct 1, 2009
    NY & Miami
    The very experienced shop who is doing it states they include the glass along with the rest of the car ( no additional cost ).
    So I guess the real question is should I decline it or accept it knowing the limitations ?

5. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Personally, I don't like it. MOST people say that they cannot tell a difference, but I can see a very slight difference.
    (I also hate anything in front of my eyes, ie. sunglasses, glasses, windshields on a golf cart, etc......

FWIW, YMMV..... My $0.02

Jim