Central Arkansas Drive 4/21 RSVP! :) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Central Arkansas Drive 4/21 RSVP! :)

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GTHill, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Jonesboro is becoming a hotbed of exotics! It helps that one of our friends has a dealership and more people around here realize that they can own one. There were a few more that we couldn't get out- a Bently GT, another Viper, and another Murcie. The Noble and a Gallardo were from Memphis.

It was a proud moment a few weeks ago when I was out in the 348 and I saw my friend with his Carrera GT. We pulled over in a parking lot to admire each others cars. A family pulled over and walked past the GT to see my car. The dad was telling his kids that this was a "real Ferrari." They were ignoring my friends GT until one of them asked what it was. He told them a Porsche, and they said "oh" and turned back around to look at the 348. I didn't tell them that they could have 6 or 7 of mine for one of the GTs!!

2. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    Cajun,

There is a Porsche Club in Little Rock. Look up the following sight: ozarkPCA.org I am also a member of our local PCA. We have 1 sometimes 2 drive events a month, usually through scenic areas it will be posted on the sight calander.

Greg

3. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Gene: I'll have to take a rain check on the drive. I am going to wander out to CA and go to the Challenge races at Sears Point. Went last year and it was good. Should be great this year with FXX and F1 added to the program.

Steve

4. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Steve
    Mike and I went to the Challenge races in Homestead a few weeks ago, it was great. The F1 cars are unbelievable, as are the FXX. Take some earplugs!!
    Spence

5. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Starting Location: Little Rock AFB main gate visitor parking. I already cleared it with the folks at the gate. I actually thought about getting passes to "tour" the base for 10-15 minutes then leave out the back gate. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll see what I can do. The front gate said that someone can sponsor as many people as the like on to the base. I am prior AF so I may be able to make that happen.

I haven't figured out the route from the base yet but will have it down by the time we get there. I'll have maps printed as well.

I'm not sure how you guys feel about meeting at the AFB but I know when I was a young Airman I would have done anything to drive by and see Vipers, Ferraris and Porsches.

Getting access to the runway for some "speed runs" is next. Don't hold your breath. :)

Gene

6. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    Thanks for the earplug suggestion...The 575 can't wait to get on the road for a 5000+ mile run. She hasn't been driven much in past few months.

Steve

7. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    Gene,

What time are we looking at getting started? If you are taking suggestions or a poll I vote for a early am start.

Greg

8. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    What do you consider early morning? I have found that early is a relative statement to some, namely my wife. :)

9:30a.m.? Anyone else have thoughts? Viper crowd?

Gene

9. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Is it official?..........LRAFB visitor's gate, Saturday April 21 @9:30 a.m.?????

10. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    It is getting pretty late to not make it official... so... It's official!

LRAFB vistors parking area at 9:30a.m, Saturday April 21st.

To get to LRAFB gate:
    - Exit 11 on hwy 67. Head north from the exit. If you are coming from the north the exit has changed in the last few years. You will take a left down the access road off of the exit, then right (north) at the light.

Once you are on the access road stay in the right lane and enter the vistors parking on the lot just on the other side of the C-130 static display.

I'll be there a little early to secure some parking. I look forward to it!

Gene

11. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    #36 vandevanterSH, Apr 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I hope you have good weather on the 21st for the drive. Here is the "Red Head" West of Santa Rosa NM. It took 4 hours to travel 25 miles and the ice and snow were not that bad. She is now getting some new shoes and Spa time at the Wynn in Las Vegas.

Steve
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Little Rock AR
    I am going to try to make it...depends on the weather and if the kid has anything going on. I'll be in touch. I will probably be the only Viper-most of the rest are going to a cruise in Jefferson TX that weekend.

How long of a cruise is planned?

Bill

13. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    I figured that we could have lunch (11:30 or so) somewhere and that could be the end. Anyone else going?

Gene

14. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    The weather looks as if it is going to be gorgeous for Saturday. Who all is going?

Gene

15. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
  16. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Little Rock AR
    Looking good guys!

I'm planning to be there.

Bill

17. MexicoBlue

MexicoBlue Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Russ
    We would love to go. Unfortunately, soccer has doomed our Saturday schedule. Although, if it's OK, we (my 10-year-old son and I) would love to come up and meet you guys before the drive, see some of the cars, and then head back to the soccer fields in Riverdale. We'll plan on being at the LRAFB around 9:00 and stay until y'all leave. - Russ

18. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    That sounds great. See everyone there!

Gene

19. MexicoBlue

MexicoBlue Rookie

Nov 5, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Russ
    Gene:

We have two cars coming just for the send off. My son and I will be in our 308, and a friend and his son will be in their Porsche 997 S Cab. See you in the morning. - Russ

20. Formula1Fan

Formula1Fan Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2006
    Hot Springs Village
    Full Name:
    Jerry Schutz
    Greg, thanks for the ride today. The car club I was telling you about is DFWEliteCarClub.com.
    Jerry

21. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Little Rock AR
    Great weather and cool cars....does life get any better? Was good meeting everyone-I had a wonderful time.

Thanks again for letting me tag along-hope we can do it more often!!

Bill