Central Arkansas Drive 4/21 RSVP! :) | FerrariChat

Central Arkansas Drive 4/21 RSVP! :)

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by GTHill, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    How about it? Starting location to be determined based on who can make it. If possible, it would be nice to meet at 11:00 a.m. and then have a short drive for lunch to be followed by some spirited driving in wonderful Central Arkansas.

Gene

2. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    4-21 sounds good to me. Count me in
    Greg Wood
    Little Rock, AR

3. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Great! The drive is officially a "go". Jonesboro guys? Steve, how are the eyes?

Gene

4. arkferrari

arkferrari Karting
    BANNED

Feb 9, 2004
    Hot Springs, AR
    Full Name:
    B.F. Mitchell
    Checking the calendar; will reply shortly...........

5. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    I'm checking with the boss, she is supposed to be in a tennis tournament in LR that weekend.

Mike gets his new 430 delivered this weekend, so I'm sure he is up for a drive!!

Spence

6. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Wow, does that mean I can borrow the TR? :)

Gene

7. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Wait, I thought he was getting a 430 Challenge?

8. jmiff348

jmiff348 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2006
    Texas, USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrett
    I will be in India. Wish I could join you all. Have a blast!!!

9. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    It has the Challenge rear-end... I think it's one of the first in the country.

We went to the Challenge races in Miami two weeks ago, and he is trying to get me to go in on a team with him. I would have to live in his garage after my wife kicked me out of the house!

I need to show him how to post pics so he can give everyone the whole story.

10. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Is it street legal?

11. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    Yes, it's the "regular" 430 coupe with the optional Challenge rear-end. I think it arrives Saturday and i'll get him to take some pics.

12. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    I'll keep the date in mind. I am going to try to drive out to Sonoma for the Challenge races at Infineon in mid-April. If that doesn't work out i'll make the drive. (Gene thanks for asking, half the vision was gone in my left eye over about six hours before going into the OR. I'm very lucky and had a good surgeon..got all vision back.) BTW GWood, was that you going down Cantrell hill ~5:30 Sat evening?)

13. GWood355

GWood355 Karting

May 24, 2006
    Little Rock, AR
    Full Name:
    Gregory D Wood
    In a black 355 GTS with the targa out about 6:30 Sat. Going down Cantrell hill. I was headed to meet some friends for the tough man fight downtown.
    Great weather and a nice night to drive around. I washed and polished the car earlier in the afternoon but right now you can't let your car sit still outside long or it will be coated with pollen. I have a white 89 911 that I trac/race and I had it in the driveway out of the trailer the past 3 days and it now has a scary yellow-green glow from all the pollen dust.

Were you in your F-car? I didn't see ya if you were. I noticed a red mondial (I think) last week for sell at that auto shop on Broadway in LR between Mac D's and Wendy's. FYI Also I just remembered the owner of Evans Motors has a F-car which I think is a 308 I'll drop him a line and let him know about the drive.

14. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    The owner of Evans Motors (I can't remember his first name to save my life) no longer has his 328. Its in my garage. :) If you see him give him a hard time for 1200 miles in 4 years. Well, that doesn't seem like much to me since I'm about ready to hit 4000 miles in 8 months.

Gene

15. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Ralph Evans.. it just hit me...

Gene

16. RussMan

RussMan Rookie

Mar 26, 2007
    Little Rock Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Russ
    I am a definite maybe, but would love to make it, depending on kid schedules (soccer, parties, etc. etc.). Thanks to Greg Wood for alerting me to this thread. I will check and reply ASAP.

- Russ McDonough
    Little Rock

17. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Little Rock AR
    Hi Guys!

My Brother (who does have a Ferrari down in New Orleans) pointed out this tread. I've only got an old slow 'arrest me red' Dodge Viper-would you mind if I and maybe some other Viper owners tagged along?

If not-thats cool. Never hurts to ask.

Bill

18. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    Keep it in first so my 328 has a chance. :) This is not limited to any particular car type, but we may want to put a limit to the number of cars, although I'm not sure we how many we will get to show up. How many Viper owners would you expect? Thanks!

Gene

P.S. A good attitude is much more important to me than the manufacturer of the car.

19. litespeed1

litespeed1 Karting

Jul 17, 2006
    Little Rock,Arkansas
    During lunch today I drove the F-car that GWood 55 mentioned a couple of posts back.It is a red over tan 85 Mondial cab with 25k miles.It is parked in front of the independent import repair shop here in Little Rock where he thought he saw it.Pretty nice car.I talked to the owner.The owner lives here in LR and is wanting to sell it.I don't have room rght now and no time to spare on projects but one day I want a Mondial Coupe.I also saw a red 308 GTS this afternoon about 5 PM going west on Cantrell in front of the new Parisian shopping center.No license plate.I could not be sure of the year or motor from my vantage point.Lots of F-cars in LR!

20. Cajun

Cajun Formula 3

Mar 20, 2004
    Da BY-U
    Full Name:
    MJG

Nice! Wild Bill stole my question!

I have been travelling to LR on business a lot lately, and was admiring the roads up there on my last trip. I don't own an F-car, but I do have a pretty nasty 930, and I think it would be fun to cruise around with you guys and make some new friends!

Keep us posted!

Cajun

21. Wild Bill

Wild Bill Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Little Rock AR
    How many?

Well if we had more than 3 or 4 I'd be surprised. Our club here is real small-it would all depend on weather and if they had anything else planned.

I've not mentioned it to anyone yet and I can let our President know you'd like to limit the cars. Worst come to worst we could split off and maybe meet up at specific points later

I love cars and like to drive mine-she's not perfect but then she's also not a garage queen.

Hope we can meet up-I'll keep an eye on this thread

Thanks

Bill

22. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    That number sounds fine to me. It doesn't sound like we will have more than 3-4 Fcars, plus 3 or 4 Vipers and a Porsche. Those numbers sound great to me! Details of the starting point to come!

Gene

23. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    You all have fun. Keep the rubber on the road.

24. sguinn

sguinn Karting

Nov 12, 2005
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    Spencer Guinn
    It was a rare moment in Jonesboro this weekend. A 430, a 348, a 512TR, three Gallardos, a Murciealago, a Noble, and two Vipers all in one place! It was for a local charity, and we had a great turn out. I'll see if Mike has any pics.

I'm up for the 21st. Mike has a Panoz race so I don't think he will be in town. I'm talking with some of the other guys here to see if anyone will join me.

Spence

25. GTHill

GTHill F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2006
    Double Wide
    Full Name:
    GT Hill
    That is incredible! Are they all locals? Jonesboro is a happening place! It will be great to have some more cars join us. I can't wait!

Gene