CDN pricing ???? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

CDN pricing ????

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Feb 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    SD,

While I agree wholeheartedly, the current RE market is on the high end, and I would not get in (I agree with you there)

The article you posted to rebut BigRed about 0% down was only applicable to the low-income/'affordable' housing contingent:

"To qualify for the new program, buyers must have a household income of up to $65,850 a year for a one-bedroom unit or up to $92,430 for a two-bedroom apartment."

So BigRed's assertion that mainstream banks are not offering 0% down to the masses was *not* disproven by your article. Again, not saying the market is not overheated, but every condo development usually has to have 'below market/affordable' units set aside for regulatory/political/feel-good reasons, hence the 0% down. You are also correct, 0%-5% (what's the difference) and if 5%-10% is the norm, I agree - that's another troubling data point.

I hope you find this a respectful and non-personal attack/response to your post.

2. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I do know it was an income-targeted market. To me that makes it worse to help that group "lever up". However, I will also point out that at a $92,000 household income level, that would actually put this squarely at the "masses" in terms of income for Vancouver metro area.

Median total income, by family type, by census metropolitan area (All census families)

I do appreciate the fair rebuttal and constructive tone, even if I disagree with the conclusion or interpretation of the articles. Always happy to debate these things.

3. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Fair points SD, I re-read the article, and I must concede fully to you. Your point is valid and correct. My apologies on my incorrect assumptions here. Furthermore, I agree with you that subsidizing folks on the lower scale often has disasterous consequences.

Be well.

4. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    #54 MS250, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Still going though autotrader, 18 months later and I'm still curious about these prices.

Are these cars actually selling near these pricing levels ????
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    #55 MS250, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I think you might be looking at John Scotti inventory...they always overprice and settle much lower--I really doubt they're selling at that price.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  7. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    The TR price is fairly accurate.

8. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Well then. I have available a 95 Diablo, black on tan with 15k miles ( fully documented) for 300k. That's a asking price. I told the seller he was a bit high..is he?

9. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt

You got to be high to shell out 300k for pretty much any car these days. For a third of that you can get something with a warranty and still have more power than pretty much anyone can handle or need. Plus no one has farted in the seats before.

10. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Just checked and they used the price on this car to 1.9! 300k adjustment in a day.

11. Jonsav

Jonsav Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2014
    Canada
    Some of us don't care about more power, but rather buy cars that are more enjoyable to drive :p

12. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt

To each their own.

13. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    So I'm not losing my marbles about these prices

There is so much stuff at under 100k that is so usable.

I just looked at the Audi rs3 for 65k plus tax, and it comes with a warranty. Some of the stuff from Camaro, to Mustang and BMW etc ...is mind boggling .....and the quality today - forget it. I'm stumped to what cars have become in just 5 yrs time

14. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt

But do they come with a ball scrubber?

15. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That would be me. I have zero interest in horsepower.

16. Fave

Fave F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2010
    Tarana
    Full Name:
    L. Ike Hunt

Does that put you in the 300k ballpark ?

17. Gmaccormack

Gmaccormack Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2010
    Well we both know that a 599 aperta won't sell for that number! And of course they're asking for usd not cad! Rare car or not they won't sell for these prices there's just not a demand for them. 5 for sale on DuPont 1.3 is the lowest. Nuts pricing!

18. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Agreed, it's only worth what someone is willing to pay! From what I've seen so far this year is price decreases on most cars...512TR, Testaroosa's, F430 Auto, 360, 599's in the 180's(cdn). I think it was said above that the big rush to buy last year is way over and now cars are sitting and people that are trying to sell for last years prices are going to have to come to reality!

Just my two small pieces of copper!

19. HarryCheech

HarryCheech Rookie

Mar 4, 2016
    Full Name:
    Harold
    I believe it is about a 20-25% price correction from the peak time especially when it is not a rare car.

20. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Agree completely! Finally a thread that is not dreaming of last year's prices now!!

Full disclosure I am looking for a 512, F550 here and overseas so I am well aware of the market!

Cheers

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

21. AceMaster

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    No

22. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Lol.. Nope. Half that

23. jstar

jstar Karting

Aug 8, 2014
    up north
    Full Name:
    jstar
    I think 20% is a good estimate.. price decay seems to have hit even rarer beasts like gated 430s, 550s etc. Interesting that ferrari shops are still asking top dollar in most cases ...

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    The market has shifted...big time. Use caution and common sense when buying.

25. TODDZTR

TODDZTR Karting

Aug 26, 2004
    near toronto
    Full Name:
    TODD
    Due diligence is key!