360 - CD Changer removal | FerrariChat

360 CD Changer removal

Discussion in '360/430' started by rwk360, Aug 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rwk360

rwk360 Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    R W Kenton
    Has anyone removed the CD changer from their 360? I just installed a new Alpine head unit, along with Focal speakers from Mike at Scuderia Audio, making the CD changer irrelevant. I want to remove it just on general principles, although I stupidly left 3 CD's in the changer (which I'd like to retrieve) prior to the necessary surgery to install the new Alpine, and now these will not eject, since there's no longer +12V to the changer. It lives within a molded bulkhead in the front compartment; does this entire thing need to be removed simply to access the changer itself, or is there a trick that I'm missing?

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    I've thought about it but realized you need to pull the carpet out and trunk seal. Modular unit is out, but housing requires taking it apart.

3. Sled Driver

Sled Driver Formula Junior

May 13, 2010
    Stokesdale, NC
    Full Name:
    Emery
    When I installed the Ferrari (Clarion) Infotainment system in my 360 I removed the changer from the trunk along with replacing the side pnl (#2) to the std, non CD changer version.
    Looks better & has slightly more trunk space
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I removed mine too and it was not as easy as I had assessed.