CCM disc brakes cooling system failure | FerrariChat

CCM disc brakes cooling system failure

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by ZarakiKenpachi30, Jul 30, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZarakiKenpachi30

Nov 3, 2013
    Hello All,

Has anybody experienced "CCM disc brakes cooling system failure" on their F12? I took her out today for short drive and the following error message came up on the dash and left flap won't close.

Will give Ferrari a call on Monday, however, was wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Thank in advance

2. AutobahnAndTrack

AutobahnAndTrack Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2014
    Frankfurt, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan G
    Nope. Flap defect or it is blocked by something. Go and check.

3. ZarakiKenpachi30

Nov 3, 2013
    Have had a look around and i;m able to close the flap manually by hand but then it just snaps back to the open position, think its most likely a mechanical fault.

Will find out tomorrow when i give the service centre a call!

4. Nuri Bodur

Nuri Bodur Rookie

Jan 15, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nuri Bodur
    Exactly the same issue this morning. Will call dealer in the morning but out of curiosity, what was the diagnosis?

5. Dubai2020

Dubai2020 Rookie

Mar 6, 2020
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Rudolf schreiier
    have you been able to resolve this issue, am facing the same issue with one of my customer cars

6. Dubai2020

Dubai2020 Rookie

Mar 6, 2020
    Dubai
    Full Name:
    Rudolf schreiier
    hi, did you manage to get the flaps sorted?

7. Kaizaad M Parekh

Mar 7, 2020
    India
    Full Name:
    Kaizaad Marzban Parekh
    Hi Guys, I've faced a similar issue with the F12. After speaking with a ferrari tech he says I will need to change the flaps as most likely it is a solenoid failure.

I'm of the impression that the brakes heat sensor is incorrect. and sending a wrong signal to the ecu. Does someone else have any suggestions as to where i can find these heat sensors?

8. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Can you measure the resistance of the sensor on both sides? That may tell you the sensor is ok or at fault before replacing (if the reading is same/different from side to side).

9. Kaizaad M Parekh

Mar 7, 2020
    India
    Full Name:
    Kaizaad Marzban Parekh
    Yes both sides the same thing. But i am using the main coupler pins to measure and then the couplers attached to the unit on each side..

I cant find any sensors... I've looked at various diagrams, electricals.

I've even seen a video on YouTube that shows the flaps closed with the brakes glowing...

Our diagnostic tool doesnt show any errors whatsoever. I guess the ecu doesnt allow non official tools to read everything.

10. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    Well if the flap is open at least the cooling is always on, so there should not be any chance of overheating the brakes... Might loose some topspeed with an MPH or so.

11. Kaizaad M Parekh

Mar 7, 2020
    India
    Full Name:
    Kaizaad Marzban Parekh
    The brakes are not as effective if they are cooled all the time. Also the sign on the dash is a bigger problem for the owner.
    I cant really give that reply to him.

12. Bamsefar

Bamsefar Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2012
    However if the flap is always closed, well then I would be more carefull driving, no hard braking. Cold brakes still works, just need a few extra feet, warm (as in overheated) brakes on the other hand will not work even close to cold brakes.

Do remeber that the brakes works just fine in low temperature winter, so maybe a bit cooler than normal, but far better than warm brakes.

Never mind the fact that during normal road braking (driving within the speed limit and all that)I do not think one will be even close to overheat the brakes.

13. Kaizaad M Parekh

Mar 7, 2020
    India
    Full Name:
    Kaizaad Marzban Parekh
    Ofcourse mate. Nobody is denying what you are saying.
    Thanks for the comment but it doesnt really answer / solve the issue i am facing.

14. GameMaker

GameMaker Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2014
    WA State
    I had this failure on my F12. Whatever closes the flaps was broken and was replaced under warranty. Happened on a track day but the flaps failed open so it wasn't a big deal.

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I would consult the service manual and the parts diagram. Locate the sensors and solenoids on both sides. Check for mechanical stoppages and then measure resistance of sensors and solenoids on the good side versus the bad. Also check wiring and clean connectors. If one side operates and not the other than you should be able to detect a bad component.

16. Kaizaad M Parekh

Mar 7, 2020
    India
    Full Name:
    Kaizaad Marzban Parekh
    Hey! Thanks for that. There are no mechanical stoppages. The connections are clean. No breaks in the lines. The solenoids operate when a direct current is applied but does not operate when connected to the car connections. Both sides same story.

17. Kaizaad M Parekh

Mar 7, 2020
    India
    Full Name:
    Kaizaad Marzban Parekh
    I donot have access to a service manual. Can someone tell me where i can download one? Perhaps even purchase it.

18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    OK. Thought you were the OP with the one side problem. Still leaves open the possibility of a connection to the sensors issue or control issue. Check for a fuse in the circuit and also try battery disconnect in case of controller hickup. Could also have an open ground somewhere.

19. Kaizaad M Parekh

Mar 7, 2020
    India
    Full Name:
    Kaizaad Marzban Parekh
    Fuses checked. All ok. Done the battery disconnect too.

Cant seem to locate controllers. Found the lift controller which seems to be only for the lift. Checked the temperature sensors too.

I read somewhere that the "certain conditions" for flaps to open/close have something to do with throttle and brake inputs and are not dependant on temperature of brakes. There are no temperature sensors near the braking area. Checked botj front and rear.

Wiring for the front bumper goes partly to ECU and partly to fuse box in cockpit on the passenger side.