caution regarding well-known detailers | Page 3 | FerrariChat

caution regarding well-known detailers

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by 12.3:1, Oct 20, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EDantes

EDantes Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    Mr Zaff, Since you have Nick's ear maybe you should ask him about:

- he drove a cutomers GTR to AWD Meet a few years back and launced it from every red light intersection. His abuse caused a transmission malfuntion.
    - he drove a customers Acrtic Silver M3 and destroyed it
    - his insurance agent was a customer and dumped him when he found out about his suspended license.
    -his location does not a certificate of occupation from Chester County. There has not been a fire or saftey inspection. (I wonder which insurance company would pay a claim to a customer or business who does not comply with local laws?)

You may have had a positive experience. You are the exception not the rule.

Earlier in the thread a few posts discussed taking legal action against him to get reimbursed for damage. But how do you sue a person that has no assets? Has no money? And does not personal liability insurance. It would be a monumetal waste of time.

Until I read this post, I did not know that other people had such negative experiences with this shop. After reading through this post I needed to find out what I discovered about this unscrupulous business owner.

2. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Serious allegations, what can you present to us to prove them?

Do you have the word of the cars' owners? Are they willing to post here?

3. EDantes

EDantes Rookie

Nov 12, 2014
    I do not have a way for those victims to join this discussion. Before writing anything here I confirmed with at least two sources about each allegation. This was the last forum that was not brought up to speed about a popular local vendor. Take my post as a warning. Or it could be completely made up 100%. Do your own research before entrusting your very expensive automobile to this shop.

4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
    EDantes seems to enjoy sharing information on others, so here is a little on EDantes; he likes to post from an IP address at Children's Hospital in Philadelphia. Since you haven't filledout a profile I thought I would help a little.

Your additions to this thread circle around allegations without any backing at and it seems you joined Fchat to simple bash/troll this thread, it will not be tolerated further.

5. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

This is the way NOT to do it.

It's easy for them to join here, you did. It should be just as easy for them, if their cars were damaged to post images to verify the story.

One of these owners is well known to members here, he could easily confirm the story that has been associated with his car, yet he has not.

Your post is nothing more than innuendo without supporting documentation of your commentary and/or photo from those you reference.

I have heard these stories as well, and I find them disturbing, but I have not seen anything to back them up. No copies of fake insurance documents, no photos of destroyed cars, and no posts from folks we know here who claim to have been wronged by Nick, or to have first hand knowledge of his purported transgressions.

The issues pertaining to his driver's license are public information. That we've seen here. Other than that, we have bupkis.

I have been told by one member that I know and trust that his car did not receive good service the last time Nick had it. I have no reason to doubt his story, and take him at his word. But the rest, as posted here, is just rumor from guys we do not know until it's backed up with some kind of proof. I have yet to see it.

D

6. 12.3:1

12.3:1 Rookie

Dec 6, 2005
    SNJ
    thanks.

if that's what you believe after reading what i've posted in this thread, that's fine. i've laid it all out exactly as it occurred. take it or leave it - it appears you are leaving it. no problem at all. i wish you and everyone else the best.

agreed about forums. but i'm not arguing, i'm stating what happened to me as (at the minimum) a warning. there is no argument there. i put out a lot of effort for something that won't get me a damn thing but will possibly help others. that's all i will offer at this point. again, people have to take it or leave it.

i am accepting that. take it for what it's worth to you. if anyone needs more feedback, PM me.

thank you. i will be around :)

as i stated in the post before yours, as far as i know, i don't know anyone here. i have heard the same stories he's purporting, or ones close to them, hence my general warnings in the first post that are necessarily tied to service provider in particular. mainly i've been focused on what happened to me because i know the facts there...and the license thing. anyway, i've said what i needed to say. take care everyone.

7. 88Testarossa

88Testarossa Formula 3

Sep 25, 2012
    Annapolis and Daytona Beach
    Full Name:
    Al
    This thread would have been much better and less divisive if posted with the brief facts in two sentences, no names, and a suggestion to PM the OP if you wanted a name and more details.

This thread is a draw with no winners. Maybe it's time to end it?