cauley ferrari | Page 4 | FerrariChat

cauley ferrari

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ferrari for me, Oct 27, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    So if you don't answer a question that was never posed, then that is lying?

I better learn how to be a psychic.

2. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    as a person selling a car, you are responsible for giving all of the information about the car in question.

Based on your logic, if I weren't to ask you if anything was wrong with a certain bolt in the car, and then I find that the bolt is broken which caused a serious accident, then it is not your fault?

That is an extreme example, but it is valid.

3. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    here is another example. In the Mothers' commerical, it says Roland won Le Mans twice. That is not true. Roland failed to correct them, or even mention that it was not true. So it was ok for him to make money based on that fact that he was advertising for Mothers as a 2 time Le Mans winner because because they never asked if it was true?

4. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    If there is anything mechanically wrong with a car that may be a safety issue, then that car shouldn't even be for sale until it is fixed.

If a car had certain cosmetic flaws in it's history, you as a buyer might only care that the car looks good now, or you may want a car's entire paint history. I have certainly dealt with both kinds of buyers.

So based on your logic, if someone spilled coffee on their car's carpet, and then had the carpet cleaned where there was no evidence of that stain anymore, then I should disclose that? This is also an extreme example, and equally valid.

5. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    now you are assuming things about what a buyer looks at when buying a car.

Based on what you wrote in your last post, it seems as though you are already psychic by being able to determine whether a buyer cares about "cosmetic flaws"(see you even said it) or not.

6. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    What? He didn't assume shit. He gave two hypothetical cases, one where the buyer only cares about cosmetic flaws and the other where the buyer is anal about every detail in the history of the car. He never said he could tell which type of buyer the person is.

7. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    no webby! why, why , why couldnt you have cleaned it up! now you got the ban hammer!

8. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    nobody is above the rules.

9. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    who banned him? you know?

10. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    doesn't matter who banned him.

11. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    is there a rule against quoting someone that typed a "unacceptable word", just wondering, 'cause if there is im screwed!

12. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    just curious

13. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    relax. You won't be banned.

14. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    thank g0d(dont know if that word without the zero instead of the o is acceptable)

15. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    how long is he banned?

16. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I'm not a mod. I didn't ban him.

17. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    I know, i just thought that there might be a basic time that he is banned for saying what he did.

18. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    What about you, tough guy? Why won't you reply to me and a couple of other users who asked you to prove you're not completely full of s*it? Prove you bought a car from MAG like you claim. I've suspected from minute one that you were BSing and with each post I become more & more convinced you're a liar. You don't meet 62 year olds everyday that use terminology such as "see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!" to end their immature posts.

Give some credibility to your claims. Reply to more than just the posts in which you can add a sentence with a new negative comment about Dan and/or Cauley. Let's see some pics of your 430 Spider. Post pics of your registration and blurr the info you don't want people seeing. Or are you going to ignore my questions like you've ignored everything else you've been called out on? Be a man. Don't show up anonymous on a public form and badmouth somebody, yet refuse to identify yourself & prove your claims about buying a 430 Spider elsewhere. I don't care if you own a 430 or not, the only reason I'm asking you to prove it is because it might begin to show some honesty to your claim about going elsewhere to buy your 430 Spider because of your bad experience with Dan/Cauley.

19. buckminster

buckminster Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2005
    On the water, SWFL
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Raftis
    Why do you continue to indulge this child?

Its a kid, forget it. Kill this thread.

20. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Yes, Noah, please tell me what assumption have I made in the post you responded to. Scroll back to what I typed, read it carefully, and tell me what assumption I have made.

I think Noah has run out of things to say, because he is now making no sense.

Having said that, I think I have run out of things to say regarding this post. I have told my side of the story, make out of it what you will. I make no excuses for what transpired with John at Lamborghini of Dallas, and I will continue to do what I have been doing. I have hundreds of very satisfied customers, and will continue to add on to those hundreds. I can assure anyone that when they buy a car from me, I am 100% honest with them, as I always have been, and they will get a high quality car. And please ask all of the questions that you like, I am more than happy to answer them.

Moderator: it is time to close this thread.

21. VK430gt

VK430gt Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 18, 2006
    Anywhere Anytime
    Full Name:
    VK430GT DUH!!
    Well that shut ferrari for me up!

22. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    you assumed that this customer wasn't one that wanted to know about "cosmetic flaws".

23. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    WTF do you do, pull your pet Boa Constrictor out of your backpack?

24. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Here kid, I'm gonna teach you something useful, take this down.......

NOTE TO SELF:

Next time add "NEENER NEENER NEENER" for effect! ;)

Refer to your notes while posting.

Thank you for your attention, I have to go now because some whack with a camera just whipped something slimy out of his pocket and is chasing me away from my desk....

25. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Dan,

I don't know you, however, after reading your posts from here over the years (and if you had a car I was interested in) I would not hesitate to call you.

That said, I believe there are certain disclosures that must be made about all cars being sold (ESPECIALLY FERRARIS) that all customers are going to be concerned about whether they ask or not......paint, body and drivetrain.

All it takes is for one guy out of 500 (who may leave satisfied, only to have his friend point something out to him) for you to become an instant A.H.! He posts it online and all of a sudden the world knows.

You're right (coffee stain reference) and you're also making a bit of a mistake at the same time. You made a faux pas that some may consider nondisclosure, and now it's out there.