Caught With Her Top Down... | FerrariChat

Caught With Her Top Down...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by 134282, Jun 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The weather down here is a bit unpredictable... For example, right now, it's sunny... It could rain like cats and dogs in an hour... Yesterday it poured like there was no tomorrow; by late afternoon, you could fry an egg on the shady part of the sidewalk...

This unstable climate pretty much means you can't leave your top down and go too far...

...and how do you learn that...? The hard way.

A week and a half ago, Gerald and i went to a few dealerships for the day. We took his car. i left my car at the office, with the top down. It was a sunny day, no sight of rain, i didn't even think twice about it. Then we came back to the office, did a few things and went out to dinner. Still sunny. No problem. Walking out of the restaurant after dinner, i saw that the ground was wet. Problem. We get in the car, head back towards the office and it starts to rain. Again.

Guess whose convertible was SOAKED...? Guess whose convertible was like a sauna the next day, with the top up and was beginning to smell...?

Guess who had his convertible detailed, inside and out and is a lot more careful now...?

You guessed it.

The truth of the matter is that, after leaving the top down and getting the car soaked, i took every dry-day opportunity i had to leave the top down, hoping to dry it out, only to let it get caught in the rain. Two more times after the first...! Then one day, my co-worker had a brainstorm. Put the car in the garage, close it, take the humidifier from the office, put it in the garage, put the top down on the car and turn the humidifier on full blast. Guess what...? It worked. The car was 95% dry. Taking it to get it cleaned and detailed was just the final touch. i try to be a lot more careful now. But anyway, here are the pictures of Scuderia Sebring GT 2+2 LWB Cabriolet Speciale after it was detailed.

2. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Where's the little horsey on the steering wheel?

3. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    I got caught in an absolute downpoor in the 348 once. Took forever to dry out.

4. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Buy an Alfa Romeo Guad, top goes up in seconds.
    {I'm looking at buying one}

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    You put a HUMIDIFIER in a wet car? Do you mean a DE-Humidifier? I'm confused, not unusual.

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Nno Carboni, whats with all the Coke in the back seat?

7. Michael

Michael Formula Junior

Oct 29, 2001
    Nevada
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Is that the natural angle of the handbrake? That's pretty high

8. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Damn, I thought this was a follow up to the bikini thread... :)

Carbon, the car is looking good. How are you enjoying the south?

Dom

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yall needa come down 'ere, ya hear...? Bring mommernem'nuh who' famlie, we'll have us a good ol' tyme...

:D

i'm really enjoying it down here, thank you.

Michael, no, that is not the natural angle of the handbake - the handbrake is up; i ALWAYS use the handbrake when i park; force of habit...

Will, the coke is for my coke habit... :)

Sorry, Jimpo, i meant to say 'DE-humidifier'... Thank you for pointing that out; i apologize for the confusion...

62 250 GTO, i really want an Italian car; something small, sporty and with a straight shift... Are those new or are they old cars...?

Strangelove, if you go fast enough, the water just goes right over your head... :)

Mille, that's a good idea, but i don't want to put a sticker on the steering wheel... Hmmmmm... Maybe i'll PAINT it on...! :D

10. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Please tell me you don't drive that thing around with shields on it.

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    No good...? i'm just displaying my love and appreciation for the marque... i love Ferraris... If i had one and had another, "normal" car, that one would have shields on it, too... There's a sticker on my passenger side window that says 'Rennlist', too...

12. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    :sighs: he does......

13. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    No, not good, and I had a feeling you would offer that as an excuse. The only car that should have shields on it is a Ferrari.

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Have a talk with the purists and even they'll disagree with that...

Yes, actually, it IS good... Why...? Because it's MY car, not yours... and i like Ferraris - not an excuse - and if it bothers you that much, then you should consider professional help.

15. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Do u have 2 Happy Meals in the back of your car? I'm lovin' it ;-)

16. Etcetera

Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    It seems like I touched a nerve! But whatever, it's your reality, chief. If you want to pretend a Sebring is a Ferrari, the choice is all yours, just don't fly off the handle when people point at it and laugh.

17. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Chill Al,
    his Ferrari's same as yours............... ;-0

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    NNO - I know the shields have NOTHING to do with you trying to pass off your car as a Ferrari. Rather it is just a display of affection towards your favorite auto manufacturer. If I saw you on the road I would give you a big thumbs up - Not frown on you because you can't afford the real thing YET. Rock on Carbon.

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Jerry, it's folks like you that restore my faith in humanity; thank you... No, i don't try to pass the car off as a Ferrari, like you said, it's just a display of my affection for my favorite marque... Just like the black horse on my chest... i'm very proud of my enthusiasm and love for Ferrari and i'm not ashamed to show it...

...all things considered, enthusiasm is what got me where i am today.

Korr, no nerve, but you obviously have a bit of a boner for me since the space exploration thread... No big deal, really...

Tony, no Happy Meals, why...? Just a 12-pack of Cherry Coke... :)

20. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    #20 tonyh, Jun 22, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Carbon,
    looked like a couple o happy meals there ;-) . i was wrong !
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'm thinking quotes like this :

Is much worse than putting a sticker on your car which basically says "I love Ferraris."

If I had to choose between the 2 of you who I wanted to have a beer with, it would be easy....

1) An angry, hate filled, Al Capone lover

or

2) An admirer of my favorite marque that has used his enthusiasm to land his dream job

I would pick NNO everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

22. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i think i'm gonna cry...

...thanks, Jerry...! :)

23. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    Carbon, I guess you'll close the car's roof more often when parked now... even when it's sunny... ;):D

About the shields... I don't have a Ferrari YET either (believe me, I will own one in the future! :D) Untill that day I express my passion and affection for the marque with some little shields on the sides of my car too, and a sticker of just the prancing horse on the rear window... No harm in that and people know I love Ferrari's... Truly passionated...

Of course, everyone can do with his car what he likes...

However, an American car shouldn't be wearing the logo's IMHO... only Italian cars :) It's kind of a family thing... Ferrari, Fiat, Alfa Romeo,... they're related... I think it shouldn't be on a Honda or a Mercedes either...
    Just my opinion of course... no bad feelings... :);)

Ciao, Alexander

24. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Saw this Maser a few weeks ago....

25. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name: