Cascu Dino Body | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Cascu Dino Body

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by mazzone0797, Jul 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fibreglass

fibreglass Rookie

Sep 30, 2011
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi Pierino

Please have a look at our facebook page for some more info about what we can make.

http://www.facebook.com/classic.and.sports.cars.unlimited

There is a stage by stage build of a new 246 GT chassis and several pictures of the GT and GTS bodies.
    Please do not confuse these with any other so called Dino replicas available as these moulds and jigs were taken from original cars.
    Also now breaking any 308 GT4s through to Mondials that we can get hold of as we are using the running gear in the 246 replicas.

I guess you could call them up to date Dinos with later Ferrari running gear but without all the rust and the really modern electronic rubbish.

If you would like to know more please email me, I will update the facebook page as we progress with the chassis and body we are now working on.

Thanks for the interest.
    Mark

2. mazzone0797

mazzone0797 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    Hi my opologies i sent that to the wrong person, was meant for another.

3. mazzone0797

mazzone0797 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    All those companies that are charging over the top for parts when you cabn get the cheaper if you look like i did. I don't have pictures at the moment and i don't know about the bits around the door but i can assure you the company is doing a good job as Dino owners are actually using their bits.
    I'm not bothered about a silly euro cup the World cup means more and you can't take that away from us, anyway what team you follow, i bet it's no where near as good as Italy

4. mazzone0797

mazzone0797 Rookie

Mar 2, 2012
    HA HA LOL i just noticed El Salvador, what a joke and you want to talk football to me, i remember you have the record for the most conceded, 10 goals at the World Cup ( Spain 1982 ) I'm amazed you have cars out there

5. GIOTTO

GIOTTO F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Dec 30, 2006
    France
    #30 GIOTTO, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here is it...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    #31 swift53, Jul 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ciao Pierino,
    At least I own real Dinos, you in exchange, only favor copies. You probably also like galleons painted on blue velvet.
    Why don't you copy this, and hang it above your Dino copy.
    Saluti, Alberto
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Best one. Thank you Francis.

Regards, Alberto

8. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    You're right, my bad! Did this from memory which apparently needs a tad of housekeeping now and then.

9. fibreglass

fibreglass Rookie

Sep 30, 2011
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi Alberto

I think you know who I am, if you check through your comments on here, you will find that you asked me about making a front end chassis for your damaged Dino. It looks like you were considering a copy (replica) chassis for your (original) Dino !!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hello Mark,
    I have no issues with what you do or manufacture, it is a free world. You have your business and I have ZERO problems with it. And yes, you are certainly right, I did enquire about your potential of manufacturing a replacement part for my front chassis, and after all, as you are perfectly aware, I did not order anything from you as I managed to repair mine, so luckily still "original".

As you are trying to make statements, in an effort to make me part of the '"replica" world, I am taking issue, and please be kind enough to tolerate a few points I will make.

Mark, you are erring in your assumption, as ALL Dino, that at some point or another have sections replaced as beyond repair or rusted through, THAT, certainly does not detract one iota from their originality, whereas your kits are fakes. Copies.
    Are yours 'badged'? If yes, they are forgeries, if not, they are nothing, just mirror illusions, spurious. Diamond Vs. Zirconium.

Mark, your products, as anything in life, have a niche in this world, look at the Stratos (Hawk) replicas for instance, beautifully made, incredible quality so, good for you and your efforts :)

The principal issue here, are boors as the original poster, ask questions at the wrong group, do not like the replies they receive, and are offensive, when they should direct themselves to the kit car chat.
    It is tantamount that I ask the poster retailer at the Louvre Store, if the Monna Lisa he sells, are 'real', or really good, and if they might pass for the one inside as it certainly would be a "ripoff", old and decrepit. What do you expect the reply would be?

As I previously enquired from you before, I am certain that you would find many, that might be interested in 100% accurate reproductions of trim and other difficult parts to procure, as you are possibly aware of course, that it is based on the accuracy of your kits.
    Yet, you have never offered anything of use or interest. How about an engine compartment light?

That your bodies and chassis, have been photocopied from a 'real' Dino, does not make you or anyone else a producer of the real thing, just a copy. That you have TR add ons for a BMW, does make you sound as a kit car manufacturer/part maker, just as Kelmark et al.
    You definitely offer copies of parts that ARE of use and utility to many, and that, is perfectly fine as long as you do not pass them as anything they are not.
    I did not look at you reference on Facebook, as unfortunately I do not hold a Facebook account, nor is it my intent.

Evidently, you are tolerated on the Dino section, because you are and have been polite, but I really fail to see what, in essence, you provide the Dino community.

You definitely should sell to OP, as he fits your profile, as our "real cars" are a "ripoff", thus he needs to adjust his realities to the contents of his pocketbook, his 'delusions of grandeur' even though secretly, he is the 'socially oppressed', the type that hates big business, a football hooligan and not a sportsman, that is envious of the 'haves' when he is a 'have-not'.

I do not own a Lear Jet, but that does not make me envious of those that do.

Kind regards, Alberto

11. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Thank you for moving such an inane thread, brilliant!

Regards, Alberto

12. alhbln

alhbln Formula 3
    Consultant Owner

Mar 4, 2008
    Berlin, Germany
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Say, that looks like a prancing horse on the galleon's stern to me, probably fitted by the dealer?

13. fibreglass

fibreglass Rookie

Sep 30, 2011
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Hi Alberto

I am not too sure where this is going. I was not suggesting that you are part of a replica world. As far as I am aware you have an original 246 that has been damaged and as you say now repaired. I am sure there are many 246s that have been damaged and repaired due to the type of car they are and the style of driving they can attract, especially in the past when they were considerably less valuable.
    I have never said that I produce real 246s, I merely produce several parts that owners of original cars have purchased to use in the restoration of their cars. There are several original cars running around with my parts on them but this does not mean they are no longer real 246s. If someone wants to use my parts to build a new 246 replica then that is entirely up to them, at the moment I do not produce a kit.
    I do produce some body kits for various cars but if you look at my website you will not find any Ferrari kits as I am not a great fan of the rebody lookalike market but everyone is entitled to do their own thing. I do agree that some of the so called 246 replicas certainly should not have Dino badges on them however if it has original running gear where is the problem as it is Ferrari or Dino powered.
    I have a Lancia Thema 8.32 which has a Ferrari 32 valve v8 engine basically a 308QV with a different crank, this has Ferrari on the engine but I do not have Ferrari badges on the outside of the car. It's just a nice comfortable saloon car with a bit of power when you need it.
    If and when I do produce a 246 kit then it will be a good quality kit that is designed to use all original Ferrari running gear so where would the problem with that be. A fake and a replica are different, I would suggest that a 355 kit on an MR2 is a fake as it is nothing like an original. A replica is a true copy, a tribute to the original or even an evolution of the original. Imagine your Dino but lighter in weight, no rust issues, more modern mechanics, more power, possibly handles and drives better and then the best part, a third of the cost. You can drive it more often, not worry about it and if you want to, take it on track events.

I happen to think that the 246 is a very beautiful car, probably the prettiest car Ferrari have ever made. If I wanted an original one then I would buy one but I do not want to drive around in a £100K car continually worrying if it is going to get damaged.
    On a similar note I have an original matching numbers S1 3.8 E type Jaguar that I spent a fortune on 10 or 15 years ago replacing every part that bolted on, but I will probably never use it for the same reason. However if I see a replica E type it doesn't bother me one bit provided it looks the part, it doesn't matter if it has a Jaguar badge especially if it has a Jaguar engine.

Perhaps as of yet I have not produced an item you require but others have needed parts in the Dino community, however please bare in mind that there are owners of original cars that are not interested in these forums.

As far as the original poster goes, I merely tried to answer his question, but as usual with forums people start to get off track. It is a free world and everyone is entitled to their own opinions and I am happy that I have been able to help some original Dino owners as well as the replica market.

At the end of the day it's up to the individual whether they have original or not but they will know themselves if it is real. If they are happy to drive it and enjoy it then does it really matter.

Well I have added my bit and hope I have not offended anyone.

14. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hello Mark, none taken, and if are of help to real Dino owners, then better yet.
    Kind regards,
    Alberto

15. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    That velvet galleon painting looks like a replica. :mad:

16. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Why was this thread moved?

17. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Brilliancy, Shawn. I guess silly and argumentation do not fit, specially when opinions are voiced in true manner and when issues are slightly hotter than usual. My guess...

Regards, Alberto

18. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    I am amazed I could remember what his actual name is !

QUOTE=alhbln;141607513]You're right, my bad! Did this from memory which apparently needs a tad of housekeeping now and then.[/QUOTE]

19. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Because it's not Ferrari-related.

20. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    While I respect your opinion, and the thread got a little silly, it also became offensive and derogatory towards our pride in our cars, and at least it did to me, and it really bothered me.
    The personal attacks, considering the source were meaningless, yet his misguided approach, needed the appropriate replies. Besides, a little ribbing, never hurt anyone and it was very apparent that the reactions, put forth the real lack of personality and lack of sense...a sense of humour. Yes, we are elitists when it is about our cars, at least I am...

Dino credibility, very meaningful when viewed as an alternative to the real thing, in a kit car perspective.
    How dare he, asking us about fakes?
    Are you willing to listen to that, and not reply? Not Dino related?

It is Dino related, and it is about the non-tolerance for Dino copies, our opinions, and the wishfully creation of a reluctance/deterrent in this sort of enquiry from other prospective poseurs about fakes.
    If the OP had placed his brilliant query in 'General Automotive', we would have noticed it as you would a question about an F-150.

Of course, I stand corrected, if you read F.chat from head to toe :)

Regards, Alberto

21. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    And the movie isnt 'Dont Look Now', its Invasion Of The Body Snatchers...

22. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    How apropos.

23. Bullfighter

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I agree that the 'history and wars' lecture was pointless and out of line, but fibreglass replica body kits don't belong in any serious vintage/classic Ferrari discussion. This isn't even a real restoration thread.

Properly moved, IMHO.

24. ProtoTipo

ProtoTipo Rookie

Feb 28, 2011
  25. ProtoTipo

ProtoTipo Rookie

Feb 28, 2011