Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis | Page 43 | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by ZUL8TR, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I'm seriously ready for this Winter to end. Need to drive!

Backed the snowblower into the Z and broke a tail light lens. Hunting for a replacement.

2. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Well I am providing Longs Donuts on April 4th............

3. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    I found a replacement tail light set!

Searching for 30+ year old plastic parts in excellent condition is a trial in patience.

4. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    So I hear the Indy C&C event has been booted from the location they moved to a year or two ago when Casey made the "executive decision" to move it from McAlisters where it saw great success with ample space. We all knew this day would come. A parking lot shared by several businesses simply could not tolerate a large crowd on busy Saturday mornings.

Now there appears to be debate on where to move to. Here it is spring in Indy and C&C doesn't have a home. Had it not moved to begin with, this would not be an issue.

So, my question is, will Casey take credit for this eviction just like he has laid claim to being the founder of Indy Cars & Coffee? Uh . . . doubt it.

Final question is, will Casey man-up and solicit the input of "the originals" to seek a new home for Indy Cars & Coffee? Uh . . . totally doubt it.

Enough said. Sadly, as one of the true founders of Indy Cars & Coffee, I have let it go.

5. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    There is more information on the facebook page.

Casey said he was going to solicit input from others because the last move was a "huge headache".

The property manager is responsible for both sides of the street and C&C is not welcome back at the McAlisters side anymore. Anyone showing up will be asked to leave by security. The businesses have been losing customers due to lack of parking. This was a problem from day 1 when Casey decided he owned/controlled everything. The move lacked foresight.

Gator Motorsports has offered their location. Google Map the site. Far from ideal. It is small, broken up and they need permission from neighboring properties. Casey has a track record of not getting permission, so I can expect he will continue in the same fashion which will lead to further issues.

So if he goes with a smaller spot than needed, will he start excluding cars he doesn't feel belong? Will they put the exotics in the lot by 465 and stick the others behind the building? Kind of curious to see how that plays out, but not enough to go back. I'd rather go for a drive.

A little planning goes a very long way to making an event successful. Sadly, that has been missing for the last year or so.

Anywho, enough of that. I have really enjoyed having my Sat AMs back to do what I want. Besides, its the Month of May in Indy, so look for us at the track!!!

6. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    #1056 IndyFan, May 7, 2015
    Last edited: May 7, 2015
    McAlister's was a perfect location. I never understood the reasoning behind the move.

The free coffee ended up being rather costly.

7. IndyCarsAndCoffee

Aug 4, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Indy Cars And Coffee
    Not true. Landmark owns both lots. It was moving in that direction for McAlister's as well. People also stopped coming to that location because they knew they wouldn't have a place to park, and they would have to compete with soccer moms for parking.

It's not my fault we were asked to leave. Everything had been going fine until a couple of weekends ago and someone got all of the tenants to complain at the same time and we were asked to leave.

No, because you guys have a track record of being cynical, judgmental, and stuck-up Mark's ass. You also demonstrate a severe lack of insight and foresight, and also know nothing of what it takes to manage and market a large and ongoing event, and the networking required to do so.

I don't recall you being at Sunrise Cafe? I'm sorry I wasn't able to show up on the rainy day in Carmel to starbucks, which wasn't at all what I originally described C&C should be after bringing up the original C&C in California. I can't prove it because Webby deleted all of my posts.
    Unfortunately, I can not explain in full detail why this move makes so much sense, but I wouldn't expect you to understand anyway.
    There will continue to be absolutely no exclusivity with this event. Now people will just have to be responsible and show up on time, or don't show up at all. Indy C&C is set apart from all C&C's around the country, and it's overwhelming how many compliments we get because of it. I'm sorry you guys are unable to see the big picture or behind the scenes efforts of me and several others.

Some day I hope that you all get off your high horses and see the light. Maybe one of you could have the audacity to have a legitimate conversation with me some day. I'm quite easy to talk to. Until then, continue your keyboard fights.

8. IndyFan

IndyFan Karting

Feb 21, 2010
    #1. It doesn't matter what or if Webby deleted anything. Go to post #931 on page 47 of this thread. It's all there.

#2. Good luck...with the new location.

9. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN

+1

10. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    #1060 ZUL8TR, May 14, 2015
    Last edited: May 14, 2015
    After my recent colonoscopy, I can say without a doubt, that no one is stuck up my a$$.

brian.s likes this.
  11. Burch1

Burch1 Formula 3

May 26, 2012
    Singapore/Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Any pics from today at the new location?
    Thanks,
    Greg

12. 1guy

1guy Rookie

May 25, 2014
    kansas city
    Full Name:
    bill
    Wow, there seems to be a lot of local Ferrari owners who have a plug in their butt. Come out, have a good time, and enjoy life. Show your car, we would love to see them. Put this little **** to rest, you're above this. See you at the show, no matter where it is.

13. Volair

Volair Karting

Apr 11, 2013
    Carmel, Indiana
    Full Name:
    Bart
    #1063 Volair, Jun 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I came today to the new location at Gator Motorsports. I have no problem with the new venue. Seems like a great turnout - maybe even larger than I remember at the old spot. Many great cars and nice atmosphere. Will be back. Below a photo someone took of my 348.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. rusty2010

rusty2010 Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2009
    avon in.
    Full Name:
    rusty
    nice car,,I hope to come next week with my 348 spyder

15. ZUL8TR

ZUL8TR Formula 3

Feb 12, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    Wow, now there is a lesson on "How to Win Friends and Influence People".

Throw out an insult and then ask to be their friend.

16. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Considering my wife and I to drive the 308 and 911 to Paradise Café (96th and Meridian) this Saturday morning. First free weekend in months! Anyone else interested?

17. gxl

gxl Rookie

Jan 15, 2011
    Off topic, but looking for a shop to do a PPI in Indianapolis?

18. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Brian Stewart. Autocar Sports and Classics. He's also on this forum as brian.s

19. gxl

gxl Rookie

Jan 15, 2011
  20. John814

John814 Karting

Apr 19, 2006
    Indianapolis, USA
    Full Name:
    John Phelan
    Is there still a meetup at McAlisters? Or an early-ish morning C&C in Indy area? Thanks!

21. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Thought I would try to revive this thread and see if any of the original Indy C&C people were still lurking on this site. If so, any interest in a reunion of the "original" attendees?

jferazzi and jimshadow like this.
  22. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I'm still here lurking around.

Jim

23. BEisler

BEisler Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Good to know you are still checking in, Jim. I’m looking at Saturday, 6/30 10 to noon at McAlisters parking lot to hopefully get at least some of the “originals” back together. Probably a BYOC (bring you own coffee) gathering. Let’s spread the word and let me know who is planning to attend.

jferazzi likes this.