Cars & Coffee Camp Hill PA | FerrariChat

Cars & Coffee Camp Hill PA

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by Jazzman, Apr 3, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #1 Jazzman, Apr 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2010
    I am pleased to report that we held our first cars and coffee here in south central PA. We met at Sophia's On Market and had great time talking about Ferraris. If anyone is interested in joining us, our next meeting is planned for Saturday, May 1st. The meeting time is 10:00 AM. Spouses are welcome. Sophia's is located at 3700 Market St., Camp Hill, PA.

We kicked around the idea of meeting more frequently than once a month. If anyone is interested in meeting on Saturday, May 17th at 10:00 AM please let your interest be known.

Tom, Jay and John it was a blast talking with you guys. You guys are a wealth of information. We appreciated Hugh stopping by with his gorgeous dark blue mondial.

Hey Jay, let's get your Mondial back in shape ASAP. We need it at our next cars & coffee.

2. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    It was a great day seeing the cars, meeting new friends and talking cars. Ken next time I'll show you a different way home that will be more back roads but will get you to the same place over Big flat. Happy Easter.

3. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    #3 jgoodman, Apr 4, 2010

4. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    and I'm totally sick over what happened to my buddy's Mondial this weekend.....

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279646&page=2

5. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    I am sorry I missed meeting you guys this past weekend. Tom alerted me of the event, but I was traveling to NE PA to see my folks over Easter.

Can't wait to be part of the group!

I'd love to meet up on the 17th if anyone is interested. I have an 88 black/black 328 GTS that I love to drive and meeting fellow FERRARI enthusiasts is always nice.

I'm also going to Reading on the 16th of May for the first time, so I'd love to see other south central PA owners attend.

6. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    We are planning to meet near Camp Hill/Harrisburg and caravan to the Ferraris at Reading in May so hope you can make it with us. I might be able to meet on 4-17-10 if I can get some chores done before then since I have to work this coming weekend.

7. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Hi MJT

It's great to meet you. My wife and I are planning to be at Sophia's on Saturday, April 17th at 10:00 AM. If the weather is good I'll bring the 360 Spider. If it rains I'll be driving the mundanemobile. Either way, we'll be there to hang out for awhile. If you need any directions or other info let me know.

Ken

8. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    It sure was nice having a south central PA get together..Great talking with Ken and Jay again, as well as meeting John. Jay, what's the status on your car? Ken, I can't stand it anymore, I NEED you to take me for a ride in that gorgeous 360.
    Looking forward to the next hookup scheduled for the begiinning of May. If anyone is getting together earlier, please let me know.

9. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    Let me know the next time everyone gets together. I'll pull one of the cars out.

Joe

10. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    #10 Jazzman, Apr 8, 2010
    Hi Joe

We'd love to have you join us. My wife and I will be at Sophia's on Market St. in Camp Hill on Saturday May 17th at 10:00 AM. Spouses are welcome to come. It looks like others will also be there. Hopefully the weather will cooperate. Please let me know if you need any directions or info. I'll look forward to sharing stories and info with you. If you can't make this one, the next one will be on Saturday, April 1st at the same location.

Ken

11. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Tom, I lost an engine coil and it is being fixed as well as an oil change, as pure unburned gas pouring into a bank of cylinders supposedly degrades the oil. Hopefully the cat is still OK. Still waiting to hear from my mechanic when she will be ready to drive again.....

12. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    I'd love to meet up on the 17th of April if anyone is around. I live in Mechanicsburg, so hitting Sophia's is no problem for me.

I have the forms from Pietro to go to Reading, so all I need to do is sign-up and send it in. It would be GREAT for everyone to get together and drive there as a group! Count me in!

13. tclark

tclark Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    Full Name:
    Tom Clark
    Mike, we will be there on the 17th.

14. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    Cool! See you there!

15. rhunt

rhunt Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    I will bring my 360 April 17th. Sounds like a good time.

16. Jazzman

Jazzman Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Dear rhunt

Great! I will look forward to meeting you on the 17th.

Ken

17. italiancars

italiancars F1 Rookie

Apr 18, 2004
    Hershey, PA
    I just got word there is an Open House taking place in Hershey on Saturday the 17th from 10 - 2. It is taking place at the former Longchamps Detail Shop on E Chocolate Ave (RT 422). It should be a good turnout, the owner is a collector (sports cars) Anyone interested in going and showing some Italian Style?

18. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    I think it sounds like plan - first meet at Sophie's, get a little java on board, then roll over there for a little while. Maybe we can see if we can find some fun little back roads to get us there. Thoughts?

PS I hope I can join you guys and not sans Ferrari.....AGAIN! Jay

19. MJT328GTS

MJT328GTS Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2005
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    MJT
    I'm game for that as well. Should be fun!

Can't wait to see the 360!

20. jrinehart

jrinehart Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2009
    Chambersburg, PA
    Full Name:
    John Rinehart
    #20 jrinehart, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
    I plan to be at Sophia's at 10:00 tomorrow. What is the open house at Hershey? Looking forward to meeting everyone. Sounds like good weather, a little cool but that just helps make more horsepower. Ken I'll call you this evening we can meet at exit 29 at Shippensburg at the Sunoco about 9:00 then caravan to Sophia's.

21. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    We'll my wife and kids and I will see everyone this morning, however, we will be traveling in family minivan style. Mondial not fixed! Arggggh!

Breathe Jay........just breathe.......

OK, much better now. ;)

See you fellas at 10!

22. ryankjb

ryankjb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow, that's a nice looking get together.

23. jgoodman

jgoodman F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 29, 2009
    Central PA
    Full Name:
    Jay Goodman
    Minus one nice looking Mondi.....;)

24. spang308

spang308 Formula Junior

Jul 17, 2004
    York, PA
    Who do the Great Danes belong to? I always loved those dogs. My family had several when I was a kid.

Spang