Cars and Coffee (Plano) | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee (Plano)

Discussion in 'Texas' started by buzzpics, Sep 7, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin

I hope he doesn't ruin it with the type of rims he has on some of his cars...

2. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    Did you notice the plates he had on it? He took the front plate from his aventador (GABE 5) and put it on the back of his speciale since he just got it and it still had paper plates. He needed to have it say GABE

It was a pretty good show. Not a bunch of senseless revving and a nice mix of stuff

3. marlonbvm

marlonbvm Karting

Mar 15, 2014
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Max
    Great video of cars and coffee!

4. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #130 WJHMH, Aug 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I follow the owner of that orange Superleggera on Instagram. Doubt he gave him permission to do that. Unbelievable amount of disrespect.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I don't know Gabe and have never met him, but he appears to be VERY open with his cars. There was a dog in his Aventador and his wife(?) was letting LOTS of kids sit in it. I'm guessing he'd be ok with the Speciale hug.

Doesn't make it right though, and I agree with you about disrespect.

7. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Jim, I met the girl and if it's the same person, she works for Gabe. July's C&C Gabe was out of town according to her. Apparently he let's the people take cars for him.

8. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    The owners name is Patrick. He lives in southlake. I would not be surprised if he gave the kid permission.

9. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin

Ah. I knew Gabe was pretty open about his cars (as Jim stated) but wasn't too sure about him.

10. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I have known him for a few years. He is a good guy. He lets people drive it all the time.

11. Simmonz

Simmonz Rookie

Aug 12, 2014
    Hi, My name is Jake and I'm new to the site as an enthusiast. I visit C&C most every month mainly to practice my photography and see some cool cars. It has gotten a little out of hand over the last year but July and August's turn outs were good and very little horseplay from what I saw.

If anyone is interested my pictures from August are here C&C8-2 - Jdavidson .

Or you can see anything else I've worked on at just Jdavidson Photography

Didn't see a welcome thread so I guess this was kind of a two part post for me.

Thanks,
    Jake

12. daviddallas

daviddallas Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2013
    Lucas, Tx
    Full Name:
    David Hill
    Hey Jake, great pics. Very professional looking like could be in a car mag. And welcome to the site

13. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R

We should have a few more prancing horses out there in Oct. Are you bringing this photography skills out to Italiancarfest?

14. Simmonz

Simmonz Rookie

Aug 12, 2014
    Thank you! I'm still learning and trying to improve but its something I really enjoy.

I'm not sure, I hadn't looked to see when that was or where it was. If I can get the wife to approve than I would love to go.

Thanks
    ~Jake

15. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Looks like Cars and Coffee is in jeopardy. I was handed this card upon entering the lot. One side alerted visitors to the toy/$10 entry fee for December. The other side was this. Despite this, people were still punching it out of the lot. I witnessed a Shelby GT500 get to at least 60-70 on Spring Creek.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    There are people in this world that can't read. Even though they somehow passed a driving test and manage to operate a vehicle.

17. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well...looks like today very well might have been the last Cars and Coffee event at Classic BMW. Despite the card that was handed to everyone last month, this moron potentially got this event discontinued.

It was fun while it lasted. At least Cowtown C&C is getting better and better.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90ba8UtjxKo&sns=fb[/ame]

18. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    What. A. Tool.

19. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It only takes one person to ruin it for everyone else. I hope that rat bastard has a Merry Christmas.

20. kverges

kverges F1 Rookie

Nov 18, 2003
    Dallas
    Full Name:
    Keith Verges
    P-I-N-H-E-A-E-D

21. sct4a

sct4a F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2008
    Nothing like keeping the stereotype of mustang owners accurate.

22. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Went this morning because my son is home from college and he wanted to. The nicest car there was a new-ish 911 GT3. Lots of Mustangs and Japanese imports, it was maybe 20% full. Had I driven the Ferrari it would've been the only exotic. As we were headed out, a new McLaren pulled in. Bright green. It was hilarious to watch as EVERY person there started walking towards it like lemmings. We should've taken video, it was quite literally like a magnet.

23. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I slept in. Too cold and wet, not worth the drive from Johnson county..

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

24. TheDuke

TheDuke Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2011
    Texas
    I got there after you Jim. It was a terrible show.

There were a few gallardos, 2 of which were rentals. I think there was only 1 ferrari- yellow 360.

The cold didn't keep the asshats away though. A Hyundai decided to do a launch in the parking lot screeching the tires. Also witnessed a VW flying down the frontage road and heard some people going awfully fast leaving the parking lot.