Cars and Coffee Dallas | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chewys5, Mar 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    It's actually pretty good. Especially if you get there early, and stay until the show-off idiots leave.

Boardwalk reserves the front row for exotics, so you don't have to worry about some kid with a hyped up civic banging into you.

I've gone twice now (with my Mondial). Enjoyed both times. I didn't make this one, as I was out of town for the OU/WVU game in OK.

It seems to me that the real problem is not the C&C attendees, but the people that want to drive around the block and show off - particularly on the Spring Creek/DNT corner. The crowds lining up there (waiting for something to happen) seem to egg drivers on.

I'd guess that Plano PD will probably put an end to this shortly. That would be a shame. I really enjoy meeting and talking to the car people.

Sid

2. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

The lack of organization is the biggest gripe I have, when they actually had cars sorted by country of origin the lot made sense. Now it's a conglomeration of vehicles, both"show" and non "show" cars. 4X4 vehicles parked on grassy areas, people walking between cars with their dogs and outdoor cooking stands and their fumes.
    I appreciate the work Classic does to attempt to make this a car friendly venue, I just think they've given up on organizing and maintaining any decorum at C&C.

3. slownrusty

slownrusty Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2014
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Slow Rusty
    Similar thing happened here in Houston at Cars and Coffee this past Sunday, guy showing off in his air ride Silverado lost control and smashed against the curb on both sides of the street almost hitting several people. Houston C'n'C is already on probation with the retail outlet hosting the event, so at this point who know what the future will be.

4. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    do a youtube search for Dallas Cars & Coffee accidents and you'll find several different incidents. in one of them, a vette came dangerously close to the people standing by the exit. I just hope they don't wait until a few people get mowed down by one of these morons before doing something about it.

I pretty much stopped going a while back...went in Feb only because I had a friend in town who wanted to attend. but I feel it has morphed into an absolute madhouse. one of my main issues is that many of the spectators lack respect or etiquette. I personally witnessed a lady walking her dog with a CHAIN leash that rubbed up against many cars, mine included. she was completely oblivious but frankly, she shouldn't have been allowed to be there with her dog on a leash like that.

no thanks...I'll stick with the Boardwalk shows where the cars are more interesting and the people are more respectful. like the one coming up this weekend! :)

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    As a recent Corvette C5 owner, those are some harsh words.
    :(

With a large amount of attendees the odds are in favor of something happening. I remember a few years ago at a Boardwalk event a late model Trans Am doing donuts in the parking lot when people were leaving the event.

The C&C Dallas incident score card so far.

Solstice April 2010 Hit the wall & drove on.
    Dodge Viper (almost) May 2010 Spun in the middle of the road blocking traffic.
    BMW 3 series Jan 2012 Owner tried to power slide into the tollway entrance, hit the curb, blew two tires and nearly flipped the car.
    Camaro - Feb 2012 A woman had a seizure behind the wheel when trying to park, lost control in the crowd. hit two parked Corvettes.
    Corvette C5 Z06 June 2012 Spun on to grass near the crowd then drove off.
    Mustang GT Dec 2014 Spun into a guard rail & kept driving.
    Corvette C5 Oct 2015 Hit the wall, well you know the rest.

I'm sure I'm missing a few or some that have yet to be ever reported, but this might be enough for Plano PD to shut it down.

6. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Hmmm....pattern?

7. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    No Italian hardware on that list!

Sid

8. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob

i'd recommend a driving course for these select few Mario Andretti's.

9. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  10. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Haven't been in month's and I don't miss this nonsense.

11. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Aside from the crash it looks like it was a good turnout. From pictures I saw, a green Miura, two 918s (red and silver), two of the new 570S's (orange and white), a purple GT3 RS, and a white/red accents Aventador SV. I'm guessing it's Gabe's car.

But yeah, it's still a madhouse each month.

Sent from my iPotato 6 using Tapatalk

12. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    My son and I talked about going last week and joked maybe we'd see a Mustang wreck.......

13. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Back when my husband worked for Classic and ran the gate, it was a good event. Then it got too big and no one is minding the store. It should have been invitation only to begin with and my husband said that. He told them it would get out of control and too many people without showcars would get let in but no one listened. Neither one of us will take our cars there. It's a shame that something that should be great fun for both car owners and spectators has turned into a mess.

14. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yes, It's turned out to be not good. Seems they don't have any of the same issues in California as far as I know.

And there should have been ample opportunity to have similar kinds of issues. How'd they get it right?

15. trainsplanesandautos

Silver Subscribed

Feb 21, 2010
    Burleson Tx.
    Full Name:
    Mark
    There is a alternative to the Dallas (Plano) event. It is the Fort Worth second Saturday event. Nice people, no burnouts, and good food. You Dallas guys need to go for a nice Saturday morning drive.

16. LeoNewland

LeoNewland Karting

Jun 2, 2007
    Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Leo Newland
    Excellent suggestion, Mark!
    Leo

17. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It's not related to the Dallas event but just saw that Fort Worth C&C will be holding their final event this weekend.

Shame. It was getting good. :(

18. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

Really?! That's a shame, I was hoping to attend one of their meets in a month or so.

19. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    It is a better event all the way around. That's just my two cents.

20. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    It would be a considerable drive from Plano.

Why the shutdown?

Sid

21. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    I just checked their facebook page. Should have done so before posting my previous question on "why the shutdown".

They posted within the past 20 hours that "I'll be announcing new dates,location and sponsor this weekend".

Sid

22. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    At the time of my original post, it sounded like they were done for good. Now, it would appear that they are moving it to Texas Motor Speedway. The page mentioned that TMS would be picking up the name.

23. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    It's official: The Speedway Club at TMS will be the new host starting in April.

24. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Cowtown Cars and Coffee has now been moved to the THIRD SATURDAY of the month. Also for those who didn't see it's now at TMS.

25. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    I see a lot of daily drivers out there. Who knows I have been wrong before.