Cars and Coffee Dallas | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Cars and Coffee Dallas

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Chewys5, Mar 6, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Time to move it to Texas Stadium parking lot. I'm sure Jerry would like that.

2. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David

So would I.

3. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Dang, good thing I had things to do today and missed the show.

4. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Plano PD seemed absent today, and in their place were DPS troopers. Either way, they were worried about pointless tickets rather than directing traffic. The traffic was MUCH worse when I left around 9.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    What a fuster cluck.

I made the mistake of getting on Spring Creek from the Tollway as I incorrectly assumed that they might let an (old) exotic in at the main entrance. Nope. Had to U turn, wait in traffic 10 minutes just to get back on the Northbound access road to not be let in, again. Wound up parking in my usual far away lot. Walked to the exotic row, and there were at least 4 spaces. :rolleyes: I honestly don't know why I keep trying.

John S. was there in his new 918 in Martini colors. It was pretty cool. P1 had its usual crowd. Gabe has matching Speciales: coupe and Aperta. Both white. Good choice.

The only reason we went is because my son is home for the weekend with his college roommate. The roommate wanted to see the cars.

6. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Hi Jim

I came west on Spring Creek from Preston Road (I live in Plano). I got to the front of Classic at about 6:35. The westbound line extended from the entrance of Classic to the first traffic light on the east corner of the facility. - Parkwood rd I think Took about 3 to 4 minutes to get from that light, into the lot.

I did notice that the drivers coming off of the tollway, onto east-bound Spring Creek was backed up. It looked like all that traffic was at the mercy of those on Westbound Spring Creek to give them a break in the line to let them through. That plus having to wait for normal westbound traffic to pass looked like the makings of a real CF.

My son whom came about 15 minutes later, also westbound on Spring Creek, also noted that is was fairly quick for the westbounders. If anyone noticed - he was the guy wearing the red Ferari t-shirt with the Mustang horse.

If anybody does try to come next time, I'd recommend completely avoiding east bound spring creek. Either get off early and go north on Preston, or Parkwood. Or get off on Legacy and come southbound on Parkwood.

This was my first time at C&C in Plano. Wow - what a zoo. You gotta admire the Classic BMW guys for putting up with the crowds. As for me, I enjoyed it. For the most part, cool cars and great people. I had some great conversations, and saw some cars that took me back to my high school days.

Sid

7. buzzpics

buzzpics Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2013
    Frisco Tx
    I showed up right about 6:50. Spring creek exit on the Tollway was a CF, so exited legacy and came around from the other direction. Not much of a line there. I left shortly after John pulled in, in the 918. Ran into Shawn at Cafe Express.

Did the exotic drive club thing. Not really anything exotic that did the cruise, but the ending point was pretty cool (allure restaurant at chandler's landing).

8. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I saw that guy in that shirt! :)

9. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well, I didn't go today, but it's all over Facebook. A Corvette owner tried to show off while leaving and ended up spinning and smashing into the wall. There have been so many crashes there...why does it always seem to be modern muscle cars?

Video, shot with a potato.

So glad I don't bother with the Dallas event anymore. It's a shame really, but the Fort Worth event is so much better, in terms of it being laid back.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=V7jmHY4Ztm4

10. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
  11. jimpo1

Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    What. The. Hell.

He sure lost it fast.

12. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    #62 WJHMH, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2015
    What a shame, that green C5 convertible was at Corvette World Dallas last week for their open house. The car really did look fantastic, but not anymore.

Rumor has it from the Plano Police Department stated if another incident happens at C&C they will shut it down.

Sent from my TRS-80 using Tapatalk

13. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
  14. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    Ouch. That's really hard to watch.

I can't help but feeling: "There but for the grace of God, go I".

Glad the driver is ok.

Sid

15. drjohngober

drjohngober Formula 3

Jul 23, 2006
    Cville and Gbury Tex
    Full Name:
    Dr.John Gober
    Someone ignited the tires of a black Maserati GT in my cul de sac this morning. Thank goodness he had a better outcome than the vette driver.

16. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    Every one of these idiot videos I see, the driver is putting his foot in it before the car is straightened out. They're not all wheel drive. If you want to drive that way, get a GT-R.

It will be a cold day in hell before I bring my car to where those morons are. So many people have complained to Classic and nothing gets done about the gate situation or fools.

17. Sushimon355

Sushimon355 Formula Junior

May 27, 2009
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Wade
    how many times does this have to happen? someone is going to get seriously hurt one of these days. smh

18. bcc

bcc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 31, 2006
    DFW Texas
    Full Name:
    Brent
    Cars & Coffee is still a great event, it stinks that these yahoos are putting a it in jeopardy.

19. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    It only takes one to mess it up for everyone else.

20. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Ever notice how it is usually a Corvette or Mustang that crashes leaving an event? Just saying.

21. sct4a

sct4a F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2008
    Need to issue a ban on vettes and mustangs before its ruined for everyone. Problem solved. They aren't exotic, special, rare or nice to look at anyway.

22. jkddad

jkddad Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2006
    Higher chance of something happening when they exist in a higher number. Remember, they are a dime a dozen.

23. jcosta79

jcosta79 Formula 3

Nov 15, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    LaJonathan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone see the 962?

24. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    So true but it still sucks and I meant no disrespect towards Corvette or Mustang owners, cold tires are greasy so discretion/caution is the better part of valor.

25. BlackBird007

BlackBird007 F1 Rookie

Feb 22, 2010
    DFW
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I'm surprised it hasn't been shut down by this point. The only noticeable difference is that DPS has significantly increased their presence over the past few months, it's no longer just Plano PD.

In fact, it seems Plano PD sits at the gates, while a state trooper sits down the DNT access road.

Sent from my iPotato 6 using Tapatalk