Carbon fiber racing seats vs Standard | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Carbon fiber racing seats vs Standard

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by SHAG, Nov 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP
    Any idea as to how much extra head room?

Dealer said it’s negligible but based on the seat sizes I assumed 2-3in. He told me no, negligible

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. Adamas

Adamas F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2012
    Out of town
    Full Name:
    Mike
    He's wrong- it's 2-4".

Mike

Thecadster and Npieko like this.
  3. Bigfisher89

Bigfisher89 Karting

May 24, 2017
    I love the carbon fiber racing seats in my 458 spider. They are the wider ones and I feel they are more comfortable than the daytona seats I had in my 430. Honestly I didn't think they would be this comfortable than the daytona's but they really are.

Mikael-F360 likes this.
  4. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP
    Thanks. You’ve convinced me to switch. My wife and I have a 13in height difference though. Can they be raised without going to the dealer?

5. docf

docf Formula 3

Sep 14, 2008
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I have a 34" waist & my racing seats in the 458 is large size & are very comfortable. Prior 5 Ferrari's had Daytona's. These racing seats are my favorites from a looks standpoint, wt.standpoint. Comfort is excellent. Adjustablity is OK. Honestly if there is a #7 it will have the racing seats! I believe my 15 458 is a keeper. I had my seat adjusted up to the medium position by the dealer complimentary.

6. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    You can have the drivers side (there is no passenger option) seat lifter option or purchase the Hill Engineering spacers (which offer a combination of 3 different FIXED heights). I had the lifter fitted and then fitted the Hill Engineering spacers for the passenger side.

There are a number of threads which discuss this in more detail.

7. Modena-fer

Modena-fer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2015
    MIAMI
    Full Name:
    Alex
    The drivers side has the lifter , p/s has 4 settings on the seat bracket for height adjustment, I have some for sale if anyone needs some black with red piping Pista style

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP
    Does anyone have the race seats with a wife / partner that drives the car with a large height difference?

My wife and I have a 14in height difference and I’m wondering if anyone has had any issues with this.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. r6elmo

r6elmo Karting

Sep 12, 2010
    Assuming she's 5'0 and you're 6'2" there shouldn't be any issue

10. Npieko

Npieko Rookie

May 8, 2021
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    NP