car lifts | FerrariChat

car lifts

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Seth, Jun 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    does anyone have/use auto/car lifts for storage use in there garage? we need to get some for a client... i think these are more for form over function, there going into a new garage and it needs to look nice, like no big red sears lifts and stuff like that... but any or all types you guys have or have seen would be good. also these are for storage! not for working...

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    the archives are your friend.

be careful of the c-pillar construction four-post lifts. the solid-post lifts make tons more engineering sense.

doody.

3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    I am looking too_Once I saw a garage with a chrome finish
    lift, but I have not been able to find that thread again.If
    you come across it please let me know and vice versa.

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Stainless

5. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
  6. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    ok ive looked back through the old post and have found lots of good info... however i am wondering if there is a problem with fluids falling onto the bottom car? or is there a guard of somesort?? also in case anyone was wondering the garage were building is a 6 car(wide) and should be able to hold 12 with all the lifts installed... on top of an older 5 car garage already in place... so this should be a very fun project... however i dont know if the owner likes to work on his cars or not...