Car Hauler | FerrariChat

Car Hauler

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by camchain, Aug 26, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Hello,

I have a car that was just (yesterday) released from customs in Newark, NJ. I am having some difficulty finding a hauler that can have the car in Denver/Vail, Colorado by September 5th. While a multi-car enclosed trailer is preferred a reasonably priced single car trailer is workable.

The car is a small pre-war English roadster.

TIA for your ideas.

Ron Hetherington

2. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    Install a trailer hitch if you don't have one, then rent a trailer and haul it yourself?

3. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Time Zack, time is always the enemy. Three days to NJ, a day to collect the car and then three days home. If the time were available I would happily use my own trailer. I love road trips.

4. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    Call the manager at Ferrari of New England. He gave me three really reliable transport companies that they use. I am on a plane now and do not have their numbers with me. But he was very helpful with information.

5. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I was told that Jody from FoD has gone out on his own. He's great, I would highly recommend him. I wish I had his number, I'm sure someone on here could get it for you. Good luck.

6. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    I've had good success in the past with Fedex. They deliver cars and do it at a reasonable price. Last time I had mine delivered there was an Enzo and a Veyron in there! Multi-car enclosed.

7. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #7 sherpa23, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. JasonMiller

JasonMiller F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 16, 2004
    Co Springs/ Texas
    Full Name:
    Jason Miller
    I have a car setting in Connecticut I need to get delivered to Colorado Springs, I am having a struggle getting it picked up and delivered as well, Its not worth spending 4k for a 9 k car.

I am told through my brokers they are extremely busy hauling right now for some reason

Anyway I have considered flying to Connecticut renting a Ryder and drive straight back. I could add a trailer, swing through New Jearsy pull your car into the ryder and mine on the trailer since I am assuming your car is relatively light (maybe a false assumption) I have hauled two cars in the past this way and both were large heavy cars and it wasn't a problem.

And of course there is time off of work, but I believe with flying and loading max 3 days.

Anyway just a thought.

9. cmparrenzo

cmparrenzo F1 Rookie

Mar 3, 2002
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Chris Parr
    FYI, Jody will be at Crescent Classic from August 1st to Agust 9th...

10. Hotzos

Hotzos Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2004
    Parker, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mark Gomez
    Chris -- You meant September i think.

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I posted his info here i this thread. He is the best. I had him get my Challenge car in Florida and waited longer just to be sure that he would be the one getting it. He's super.

12. camchain

camchain Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Ron Hetherington
    Thank you for your suggestions and ideas. I believe (fingers crossed) that we have solved our problem. Car should arrive just in the nick of time for the Colorado Grand.