Car Hauler / Trailer recommendations for 355 | FerrariChat

Car Hauler / Trailer recommendations for 355

Discussion in '348/355' started by [email protected], Apr 27, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
    Hello,

I need to buy a trailer for the 355. Any recommendations out there?

Much thanks!

2. fboutlaw

fboutlaw Karting

Dec 3, 2014
    Woodside, CA
    Closed or open?

The challenges with the F355 is the long overhang, the width of the car, and the door sill height.

I previously had an open Futura trailer and loved it for ease of use and very low approach angle. It works with the long overhang of the F355 without requiring additional ramps. When you raise the trailer you can open the door (especially on their newer trailers), and they are now offering their pro trailers only (wider decks) and also a closed variant. I'd put them in your consideration pool.

Cost is very high compared to other trailers, but they trade used for similar to new prices due to low availability and people hanging onto them. I bought a used one for 9500, sold for 12k. In the future when I need a trailer again, I'll get a new Futura.

[email protected] likes this.
  3. MRF40@yahoo.com

[email protected] Formula Junior

Jan 1, 2006
    Planet Urf.
    Full Name:
    like whut? Ralph??
  4. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    I have owned the TrailEx CT-8045 (open trailer w/ front shield) and it worked very well for my Mondial T and 348tb and every other car I've owned. I now own a Futura Super Tourer (enclosed w/ tire rack). It is a great trailer in general and as described above for their open version is easy to load a low slung car. The challenge with the enclosed version is the space on either side of my 348tb is very limited as you drive on/wench up - like 2 1/2 inches at best, which requires a very precise approach and loading process. A bit unnerving as you need to fold the side mirrors so if you drive it on you can see how close you are on either side. Also with the enclosure with the tire rack, it's very difficult to tie down the front wheels as you can't access the front two or three feet easily if at all. I wish they had a door on the front to access that area.

[email protected] likes this.
  5. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    I've used an aluminum 'open' hauler to move the 348 to FL from Canada and back for a # of years. Hauled with a diesel MB, very easy as the trailer alone =1200 lbs! The fitment sides are tight 2>3"/side. I load it, then fit roof and exit through driver's window as the door is not an option! Window is then rolled up with a remote that I built in. Car is then wrapped with a stretched dark plastic pallet wrap stuff... no issues! Only problem is the amount of other drivers on the road who sit in your 'blind' spot trying to guess the car!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
  7. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    [email protected] and WATSON like this.
  8. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    I also seen this DORK just drive his 355 Challenge right into the trailer with sheer abandonment for all safety LOL

9. ATLdoghouse

ATLdoghouse Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2016
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Cody L
    That last picture is a bit scary, I'd suggest adding rear drop down legs to the trailer to keep that from happening.

10. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
  11. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    "Timeckart" In your last pic loading the 512, what are those black extensions to the ramps. Are they available retail, or are they your own build? glad you're choosing a "Larger Vehicle"(LOL) to haul the Ferrari around!

12. timeckart

timeckart Formula Junior

Apr 9, 2015
    Wildeck in Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim Eckart
  13. Koenig1

Koenig1 Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2016
    Ottawa ON
    Full Name:
    Sandy