Car has been run over | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Car has been run over

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fiaat, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Maybe your insurance will go after the kid's guardian to get reimbursed. If nothing happens to the kid but talking to him, no reason for him to stop.

2. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    You know the answer and what I already said.

Cheers.

3. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think this is emblematic of many of the problems in the modern world. Kid does something stupid and destructive, probably to impress his "friends." Camera catches it. Police intervene. Insurance does its thing. At no point does this kid have to walk up to the person whose property he damaged and say, "I'm sorry." I remember when I stole something when I was a little kid, my Mom found out and I had to go apologize in person and return it. The shame I felt was real and impactful.

My overall point, ice cream or not, is that it just might make sense for the community to be a little more connected, instead of "poor, criminal foster kid" versus "rich guy with a Ferrari," where the two never meet. None of this implies the the kid shouldn't be punished or that the car shouldn't be repaired at his expense. If any of my kids did this, they would be toast.

I'm also not some starry-eyed dreamer. I've deployed to some of the crappiest places on earth and met many truly rotten, evil people.

daytona355 and MalcQV like this.
  4. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Buy the little **** head ice cream and take him for a ride? Yeah, that’ll turn his life around..... FFS. When did the world get so scared of upsetting itself..

Buy all means, have some chaps they don’t know lure him and his dumbass friends with promises of ice cream into a car, then take him somewhere there’s no cameras, and beat seven shades out of him and his friends. Leave them in a mess in the middle of nowhere, with the life affirming chance to learn navigation and survival skills to get them home (awww, maybe that’ll help their rehabilitation!). If they don’t get home, that’s just natural selection.

It won’t change their mindset, far from it, but they get a lesson in consequences. Maybe they won’t change, maybe the next time they see someone’s pride and joy parked up it gives them the shakes of fear........ I’d rather take positive action than be another ***** that puts up with having his property damaged just because the PC police think these little hooligans are worth saving - I’ll save them the trouble, 99% of them are not worth saving

I appreciate I’ll get flamed for this post, but I don’t care, think what you will, if I did this to someone’s car, I’d expect to get a good hiding, so should these scum. If they are old enough to damage someone’s car of their own accord, they are old enough to face the consequences

Adamas, Avia11, Viperjoe and 2 others like this.
  5. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Sorry to hear this, UK police used to be able to act, now unless you are speeding or an organised crime boss, they don’t want to do anything. Talk to the kid, yeah, he’ll sit there with his headphones on ignoring them, calling them pigs and being impertinent, he won’t care.

I hope your car is okay, and guess you’ll have to put it down to experience. Find somewhere better to park, ideally enclosed with a watchtower and machine guns if it’s parts of London or anywhere at all in Bristol. Karma may yet visit the little ****bag and he gets run over by a Range Rover or a lorry, or maybe a car owner catches him and shoots him in the face! See, I’ve cheered up already!

Viperjoe likes this.
  6. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    100% support here

TheDiffuser, Viperjoe and Clay512TR like this.
  7. Jaguar36

Jaguar36 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2010
    Cherry Hill, NJ
    So it sounds like after all this, the car was fine? No damage?

8. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Modern Britain - for those of us old enough to remember a society with pride and respect for our fellow human beings and their property this is embarrassing.

This will become deeper problem in our society as the police and justice system become ever more PC and tolerant to these individuals, their parents and the media that give these people a platform to perform on!

Melvok, Caeruleus11 and daytona355 like this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Believe me Mark that's not my notmal mode of operation but sometimes things are quite different from what they seem. Look at my other posts, I dont usually have any patience or tolerance for fools like this. I'm just saying that maybe this kid needs some help and he might respond positively.

10. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Communities operate on social trust. Discipline and punishment are an important part of the equation, but so are mentorship, communication, investment, humility, empathy, and so on. I've operated in countries with very low social trust and those in the upper classes sound just like many comments in this thread. Keep down this road and you won't be able to drive your Ferrari anywhere and you'll live in a walled compound. The police can't be everywhere, unless you really want to go down the path where they are. Low social trust is cultural rot and it takes investment in the community to keep it at bay.

Also, for the "beat the snot of the kid" team, you've not bothered to recognize that I've said multiple times that this kid deserves to be punished. Anyhow, sorry this happened and good luck with making it right!

Caeruleus11 and Jaguar36 like this.
  11. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Same in the US I'm afraid. Criminals first, victims second.

12. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    so the car was fine, no damage
    Great ,lets offer the kid some sprinkles and chocolate sauce on his ice cream for a job well done ????

13. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Really easy to try and come off as an internet “high-road sanctimonious preacher” when talking about some stranger’s problem or property, isn’t it?
    How about some punk beats your daughter up...take him out for lunch?
    Before you say the scenarios are completely different, let me preempt you and tell you, “well, they’re not.”
    Someone damaging something you care about for his own amusement...same.
    Some kid damages my property? Well, I won’t get violent because you know...scumbag lawyers and all that...but I’d prosecute to the fullest extent of the law and squeeze every dime out of his parents to let him see me damage them back.

14. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
  15. andrewmr

andrewmr Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2005
    Bucks County, PA.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Yeah, take him for a ride..... out into the desert.

16. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    141 posts so far and the OP refuses to say despite several requests. I am puzzled by this. Damage extent impacts directly any responses well meaning posters offer up. If no damage then just a tongue lashing. Metal work on every stepped panel and paint the whole car - beatings and indentured servitude. What gives OP? Why start a thread and not tell the whole story?

Jaguar36 likes this.
  17. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Maybe it was his son. :eek:

Ash Patel and Solid State like this.
  18. Fiaat

Fiaat Rookie

Jul 28, 2018
  19. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Would indeed be nice to know the end ….

20. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

Great post- When i was a kid i went to the market with my grand father in Alexandria, Egypt and i stole some lemons lol, when we got home i showed them to him, he made lemonade..no i'm just kidding, he didn't yell, but he took me back to the store and made me tell the owner that i stole the lemons and that i'm very sorry. It was a great lesson.

21. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Accompanied by a wickedly chavish smile, the massive bowl of Haagen Daz with sprinkles says, yes, my son after all. :cool:

Viperjoe likes this.
  22. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    This thread has to be one of the most useless ever. Let this thread die, please.