Car has been run over | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Car has been run over

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Fiaat, Oct 2, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Do you really believe that these parents would allow for that? If they did they would probably refute everything the kid was told. You also assume that this kid cares.

This isnt a matter of it being a Ferrari, that is irrelevant, it is about respect and consideration of others.

2. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I disagree. I don't think that the solution should involve broken bones, but I do believe that retribution should be provided to the owner of the car. The child and his parents should pay for any damages and receive a fine for vandalism. This is how people with less-developed brains are taught how to function in a normal society.

MalibuGuy and Challenge like this.
  3. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Well bud, I am an owner, and the best way to teach scum not to be scum is to make sure it hurts! If they haven’t got the money to hurt them financially, I’m sorry, but it has to be taken a different way. The last time someone threatened to scratch my car, I faced him up, told him to try to do it, and informed him what would happen if he did it, and made him cry in front of his girlfriend, who he’d previously been trying to impress.

With the lower orders, violence is sometimes the only thing they respect, to think otherwise is being pc but not realistic

4. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    No doubt inspired by this guy.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

5. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Please remember that this thread is not in P&R, so any discussions about the political ideology of the perpetrator cannot take place here. Any further discourse on that topic will be deleted and may incur a temporary loss of site access.

All the best,
    Andrew.

barry 94formula likes this.
  6. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Watch the related interview with the owner of the lambo. Heartwarming story.

7. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Sorry, just posted while you posted the notice.

8. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Continued discussion about the car is fine. However, without singling anyone out on this occasion, I must steer us away from the posts in the thread that discuss liberalism, lower orders, and/or downfall of society - you can focus on those things, but only in the politics & religion subforum of the silver subscribed section.

All the best,
    Andrew.

iloveferrari likes this.
  9. Chadly

Chadly Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2010
    Bothell, WA
    Full Name:
    Chad
    I'm dying laughing now. Talking about committing a crime and threatening to hurt people is okay but talking about politics on here is not okay. I seriously can't stop laughing. Do Germans run this Italian car forum? o_O

Yassa, Ash Patel and tonyswfla like this.
  10. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    What do you mean by the Germans comment?

11. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I haven't met the parents so I don't know. My grandparents were decent people but my dad was a troublemaker in his youth and did a bunch of dumb ****. Maybe it's the same situation here? Or maybe the parents are idiots too?

12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    • Crossing the line, violence against kids
    Hey, in the UK, there has to be proof, a few words on a website are proof of nothing...... hope the kid gets his come uppance, and that it hurts

13. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    There's a good reason for it and I should have known better (even though nobody is naming names!). Even a well intentioned pseudo-political post that was meant to respond in a way that is friendly to another member with a different POV doesn't belong anywhere but P&R. It can go off the rails way too easily. Even though this exchange was friendly....many are not!

14. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Back on topic, for everyone calling for the kids head on a platter, which I'd no doubt want if it were my car being sprinted across....we don't even know if the car sustained damage. I hope not. So far the OP hasn't confirmed either way. But especially if it hasn't - a death sentence or even a beating or bankrupting the parents (who we assume but don't actually know would endorse this behaviour) seems a bit extreme!

Jaguar36 and flat_plane_eddie like this.
  15. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    I am very amused by how this seemingly childish behavior of those kids is able to bring out some pretty outlandish responses by the adults we see in this thread. So many keyboard warriors.. What a joke, guys.

If the car is damaged, chalk it up to bad luck and call the insurance. Don't park there anymore. End of story.

Nospinzone, fer312t, Chadly and 3 others like this.
  16. shawdut

shawdut Formula Junior

May 30, 2014
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Shawn D

I recall a couple of relatives visiting from Australia many years ago who were shocked at how many convertibles were left unattended with there tops down here in California. They said they don’t see that often in Oz because of possible vandalism and theft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davemqv likes this.
  17. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    We're a live and let live people, us Californians. :)

18. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Likely he won’t do that again!

SV

19. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #69 Streetsurfer, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    “.....and with his finger began to write on the ground.”

The 1956 b&w film Crime In The Streets aired on TCM today. The more things change, the more they stay the same, as they say. I couldn’t help see the truth in that idiom as I watched the film, along with the similarity in life lessons, both from owner Mike Bowen’s testimony and the storyline of the film.

20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Just because you’d be happy for things to cost you money thru increased insurance costs etc, I wouldn’t be, and I’m afraid I would deal with the situation properly. If the kid or his parents don’t have money to be taken from them to teach them a lesson, then they have to be punished another way.... what’s wrong with that? They have to learn, otherwise more people will find their cars damaged by this scum.

Some of the Youth in Britain seem to think the law doesn’t apply to them, that if you have something better than them, or that they want, they have some right to damage or take it. Turning the other cheek just teaches them that YOU are scared of them, and they will keep doing it. I can guarantee if that was my car that was damaged, and I identified the kid that did it, he wouldn’t do it again. I don’t care if you think that makes me a keyboard warrior, because I can assure you in real life I would do exactly as I’ve written here

Flea7, INRange, jjtjr and 1 other person like this.
  21. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Jaguar36 likes this.
  22. dustman

dustman F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Hope the car and owner are doing better now.
    Iloveferrari your post is like a gentle Child Please.

23. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Okie....i stop... :)

24. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    Suggesting that other users shouldn't advocate violence is all well and good. But it is also against the rules of the site to imply or call other users "idiots" or any other personal insult. So before you chastise other users for what they say they would do off site, set a better example yourself of how you conduct yourself on site.

Any recurrence will result in bans.

25. iloveferrari

iloveferrari Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2014
    USA
    Dear moderator,

I respect your position maintaining that no one is being called names in the forum, but I have problems with you not policing those who called for violence against anyone, let alone a minor in this case. Do you understand that your lack of action against those kind of violent post, which easily can be considered hate speech and that by itself is considered a crime in many states in 2018, is in essence promoting such behaviors and that in itself is more bothersome than my calling those simply "idiots" when they called for violence against minors?

I strongly advise you to look deeper in this issue. You also need to better conduct yourself on site as a moderator. There are battles to pick, yet you chose to pick the least concerning one. Come on. If your sense of diligence and righteousness is so strong to guard this forum, I am telling you that you have misappropriated your energy in this particular issue.

You can go ahead to ban me, if you try to shut me up for telling you what it is.