Car from Canada | FerrariChat

Car from Canada

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by twist-a-grip, May 22, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twist-a-grip

twist-a-grip Karting

Oct 25, 2013
    I need another DD and always thought the RS6 looked fun. Seems to be 5-10 "as new" cars in the US (less than 100 miles) from Canada. Story has it a few Canada dealers were able to make a few more bucks selling cars at auction in the US than to customers up north. Most of these cars are at or lower than MSRP, which seems to be better than buying new, but they will have a "Canadian" story. I've already confirmed all warranty and title issues are no problem, but interested if anyone thinks this is a bad idea.

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

They are worth less. I hate it because it shouldn't make a difference... But it does scare it of buyers off and there is a precieved difference in value.

There also could be. Financial institutions that will not finance it... So that can make it tough to sell on.

Also double triple quadruple check the warranty...

For example on jeeps they honor it basically to.the first owner. Jeep dealers dumped about 1k jeep wranglers from Canada... None had warranties despite have 7k miles and a year old

Davesvt2000 likes this.
  3. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Check on warranty. I sold a Ford F150 to a guy in Arizona. The truck was still under warranty in Canada, but the Canadian warranty wasn't transferrable going into the states..

Davesvt2000 and Ak Jim like this.