Car Capsule/Bubble - Ease of use? | FerrariChat

Car Capsule/Bubble - Ease of use?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by VAF84, Nov 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Anyone able to vouch for how easy or difficult it is go get in and out of these bubbles? I've got two things I'm trying to tackle. The first is keeping rodents out of the car, which the bubble will do.

The second is that I'm trying to keep a low profile for the duration of my stay in this area, so I plan to drive the car maybe once a month to avoid flat spots on the tires and keep things lubricated. I have a 1 car garage in an apartment complex and don't want the car exposed for any longer than absolutely necessary. The question is whether this setup allows for quick entry and exit onto the floor pad when it's undone. Or will I have to leave the car outside and make adjustments to the pad, then drive onto it. Ideally I'd like to zip/unzip with the garage door closed and just be able to pull in and out. Anyone with experience? Thanks!

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I've talked to the owner of this company a bunch, really cool dude, love's cars, has a good product too. I think it could achieve this for you?

http://www.carbag.com/about-us/

Natkingcolebasket69 and VAF84 like this.
  3. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing. This product has now moved up to the top of my list. Looks like I can just pull right up on it.

I may even be able to cut a tiny hole to keep the battery tender on. Although need to research whether there’s a major risk of fumes.

4. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    I put my car in a car bag each winter to keep mice from getting in, and putting it into the bag is relatively easy. You just need to be sure the car is completely dry and put the dessicant in it to prevent mold from forming. I also keep my garage heated through the winter as well. I run my carcharger cord out of the end between the two zippers and so far it has worked flawlessly.

VAF84 likes this.
  5. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Thanks for the added info. I went ahead and ordered mine today, can't wait to try it out! BTW is the desiccant necessary if you plan to open it up ever couple of weeks? I didn't order one, but thought about maybe picking up the little bucket ones from the store if necessary.

I really appreciate you all's feed back (@jjtjr @19633500GT), this saved me a good chunk of change. The cost was $294 compared to about $500+ for the car capsule or $400 for a car cover which wouldn't keep the mice out. This is a far more practical and useful application.

19633500GT likes this.
  6. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    No problem. The desiccant came with my car bag, and I think the use of it is more important if there is temperature fluctuations that would cause condensation to form and cause mold issues.

VAF84 likes this.
  7. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Carcoon is also a manufacturer of these bubbles , they come with a system which blows air throughout the inside, my friend has his 308 and his Mucielago in a carcoon,

Thank you