Can't find a windshield washer bottle for a Mondial | FerrariChat

Can't find a windshield washer bottle for a Mondial

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by surfdoc37, May 31, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. surfdoc37

surfdoc37 Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Mark M.
    Checked all my online sources and am coming up empty on a new washer unit for an '84 Mondial.

Anyone know where I can get one, or better yet, if there's just a generic bottle that I can pick up at NAPA and sub in?

2. surfdoc37

surfdoc37 Karting

Nov 19, 2004
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Mark M.

So everybody just keeps a bottle of Windex handy?

3. yank05

yank05 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    New England
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi,

Try GT Car Parts (623)780-2200 - they probably will have it and will charge you a down-to-earth price!

Anthony

4. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Call T. Rutlands first!! They have tons of used parts

5. yank05

yank05 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    New England
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    ....so does GT car parts! : )

T. Rutlands charged me $19 for a used washer bottle cap - GT Car parts $6.00.......

6. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm with you. GT CAR PARTS 9 times out of 10 has the lowest price and not by a few pennies but a lot lower plus I have found Bill to be a lot more helpful when ordering parts. I'm still waiting on Rutlands to call me back for parts I was looking for 2 years ago. They were going to get right back with me. I know others have had success with them but I haven't and it's been on more than one occasion. Also don't forget about Ricambi America excellent customer service from Daniel. I don't think he has used parts though

7. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I haven't been impressed by the customer support or prices of Rutlands. Best place in my experience for NEW parts is either Dennis McCann or Ferrari UK. Used, I have only dealt with Rutlands, so thanks for the tip on GT.

Birdman

8. yank05

yank05 Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    New England
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    Hi,

...for both new and used parts, I do not know what I would do without GT Car Parts - their prices are really good - sometimes I have to question them if they are OEM parts (they are) because the prices are great. Sometimes their prices are comparable to others (equal, never higher), but most of the time they are cheaper. Granted, they sometimes do not return phone calls due to the volume of customers - but I'll take that than someone charging me an totally obscene price for a part just because its "for a Ferrari" and they could get away with it.

Thank You,

Anthony

9. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I agree on the above recommendations, really.

Each of the Ferrari parts suppliers (and sponsors) actually has a unique niche that is filled -- although it's not always obvious to our customers. GT certainly has lots of used/refurb stuff; Rutlands has loads of new-old-stock, etc. Ricambi focuses solely on brand-new, OEM/Ferrari/Ricambi Originali inventory. Ferraripartsexchange is somewhere in-between, with a great mix of new and used parts. Ferrari UK has plenty of everything. However, be prepared for the exchange rate, shipping, and import duties associated with a UK purchase.

10. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Thank goodness we have those sources too

11. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow