Cannonball Ru......er, make that Stopped | FerrariChat

Cannonball Ru......er, make that Stopped

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by BOKelley, Sep 17, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BOKelley

BOKelley Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 5, 2009
    Au'n Colorado
    Full Name:
    Brock
    I missed a photo op on the Sept. 11th. I was driving south on Hwy 285, somewhere in the vicinity of Antero Junction/Hartsel turn off if I recall correctly. Rain was falling and could see a stopped SP cruiser with lights flashing and a state truck with warning lights ablaze ahead on an uphill section. I figured someone had exited stage left on the rain slicked road. Upon reaching the scene I was surprised to find about a dozen supercars pulled off to side of the road with Mr. State Patrol at the tail end. I assume that the group had been pulled over for bad behavior on a long straight section of 285 and must have been there for some time because the highway maintenance truck that had been called in to set up traffic warning lights ahead of the stoppage.

I am not sure what the ultimate fate of the caravan was but seemed to me that at least half of the vehicles were adorned with rather garish wrap announcing to the world that they were participating in this years addition of the Cannonball Run. Seemed like an invitation to be stopped en mass to me....