Canada prescriptions | FerrariChat

Canada prescriptions

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by DonJuan348, Oct 27, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Has anyone outside of Canada had their prescriptions filled in Canada? My uncle takes some expensive medicine and learned that it's much cheaper in Canada .

On fixed income he's looking for an alternative.

2. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Yes it does and how much cheaper is it ?

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    My Dad has been using a pharmacy out of India and has been very pleased. Will see if I can learn which one.

4. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Used to place orders from a Canadian pharmacy for my boss where I worked last - she was very happy with the service & savings.

My wife just ordered some meds from a Canadian place as well. If she's satisfied with this batch, she plans to order others.

An idea of savings? Her Advair Diskus is $279 in the US. Same exact thing from Canada is just a hair over $100 including shipping.

5. ScuderiaWithStickPlease

ScuderiaWithStickPlease F1 World Champ

Dec 17, 2007
    NY Metro
    Please do. My thanks in advance.

6. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    +1... why India ?

7. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Probably figured if he had to contact customer service, he'd be talking to India anyway. ;)

8. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    :D nice one

9. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Just a note:

My wife's latest "Canada" prescription arrived yesterday. Padded pack was via airmail form Mumbai, India. Go figure...

10. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    What's the name of the Indian pharmacy

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

11. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    This morning was trash pickup day & the wife threw out the envelope last night, so can't give you details on who it actually came from. Of course, when I just called her, she couldn't remember the name of the Canadian place she put the order in with either. So, in other words, I'm not a whole lot of help. LOL!

On the plus side? She wrote the manufacturer of the Advair directly, and they sent her a 3 month supply of the Diskus thingies at no charge.

12. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
  13. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Cdn internet pharmacies sprung into action in the early 2000's as the weakness of the CDN dollar at the time combined with the big difference in price between Canada and the US made it a very workable business model and offered substantial savings to the US consumer.

Things have not been so rosy since the introduction of medicare in the US and the subsequent rise of the CDN dollar vs it's US counterpart but there are still savings to be had.

At the same time, when medicare was introduced, a lot of CDN internet pharmacies started making deals with pharmacies from overseas, specifically India where the product is very cheap but quality is sometime iffy.
    When ordering from a CDN internet pharmacy, make sure to ask for CDN product and do not accept medications coming from anywhere outside of Canada. Chances are you will be ok but also, there have been lots of instances where fakes have been sold to US consumers and been passed on as the real drug. It is not worth taking a chance with your health and contrary to what the pharmacy might say to you, anything coming from outside of Canada is not as regulated and safe as they claim.
    irrelevant to what the pharmacy might say to you, the only real thing is that the profit margin for the pharmacy is much higher when the medication is coming from India and that is the only reason why they choose India as a supplier.
    There are approximately 3000+ Indian manufacturers for medications, out of those companies, less than 10 are FDA approved and the rest is junk. Take that into consideration when ordering medications coming from India.
    I have been in the industry for years, buyer beware .

14. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Many of the so called Canadian Pharmacies are really fronts for not so reputable ones in India. Be careful I had an experience a year ago buying from what I thought was a Canadian company turns out the product came from India. I did not like that so I had it tested it only had 40% of the medication it was supposed to have. I found out that many of these online Indian pharmacies do not even have Pharmacists. My suggestion check out the place ask for the Pharmacist's certificate. Me I will never buy like that again!

15. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    there must be a way to find out which companies are real. Canadians buy medicine I can't imagine that they have to worry whether it's real

16. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Yup !

Everyone please read.

China regulators pledge new crackdown on counterfeit drug operations - FiercePharma Manufacturing

17. DoubleDown

DoubleDown Rookie

Sep 17, 2013
    My phencyclidine comes out of Canada. Quite the savings over the FDA American version.

18. ferrarilover

ferrarilover F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Barrie, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Christopher Bailey
    My dad is a retired dentist, buys his Rx drugs in Mexico where he spends 1-2 months each winter. Down there actually he doesn't need an Rx, and it's much cheaper and he finds the same quality (effectiveness). He also has had dental work done in Mexico (Puerto Vallarta area) and recommends to others as surprisingly they have good dentists.

My sister in law is a pharmacist in Calgary, Alberta so it would be interesting to hear her take on this. If I find anything out I'll share with y'all.

Chris

19. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    In a nut shell, the prescription needs to come from a CDN dr.

Manitoba has some lesser laws , but in Ontario the pharmacist an lose his license.

20. bmwracer

bmwracer Formula Junior

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    The way it works, US Rx's are rewritten by CDN dr's in whatever province the pharmacy is in. Ontario have been very sticky, Manitoba and BC less so and most of the internet pharmacies remaining are either in Manitoba or BC.
    There are still 3 or 4 operating in Ontario.

21. photonut

photonut F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 16, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Joel
    Pharmaceutical companies will try to stop us Americans from buying drugs in Canada. The claim is there are no quality assurances when a foreign pharmacy fills an Rx. Too bad they can't be honest and admit they are just trying to maximize profits!

22. crazy canuck

crazy canuck Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2005
    West Coast
    Just a quick warning for anyone considering buying drugs in canada

No quality control issues here they may arguably be better than those of our us counterparts - but the pricing can be far worse in canada and the pharmacies can carve sky high dispensing fees

I'm a Canadian and so is my dad. He buys all of his prescriptions. For the US. Way cheaper. As far as quality goes ask for the same brand names if you are really concerned and buy from costco - low prices and super low dispensing fees.

He saves thousands each year --- can't believe the price difference.

Hope it helps some of you save some bucks that can be used towards the ultimate health and happiness tool - a Ferrari ! Lol