Can / Should You wax over PP Film? | FerrariChat

Can / Should You wax over PP Film?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by cole328, Jan 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    Hello All...I have a nero '07 F430 Spider. When i bought it last year, I had the front end and 1/2 of the hood covered in PPF. All looks great, and was going to wax the car this weekend. The question is whether people advise to put any sort of a mild wax onto the PPF as well? I know anything abrasive needs to be of course avoided, but was not sure if a wax or mild polish was advised. Or, just leave alone and focus on solely the exposed paint.

if the former if anyone has any recommended products that have worked with no damage, that would be appreciated.

Scott

2. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    docf likes this.
  3. obbob

obbob Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2017
    yes, and you should.

PPF will protect the paint, but the PPF itself can still get stained, damaged, etched, etc. A damaged PPF will look ugly. Of course the good thing in that case is you can always remove a damaged PPF and replace it, but that doesn't mean you want to be doing that regularly.

4. shifter

shifter Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2004
    Danville, Ca
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes and yes. I ceramic coated mine with the rest of the car. I use best of show detail spray on top after rides.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

5. cole328

cole328 Formula Junior

May 9, 2014
    OK thanks All for the quick replies\!

6. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    i just have the ceramic coat on the ppi and leave it at that works so far

7. ShadowLAP

ShadowLAP Formula Junior

May 15, 2017
    SW Suburbs of Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Lawrence P.
    Wax as you would the paint. I've found ceramic waxes, spray wax and detailers also work well to bring up a gloss and protect the film. However, I would not recommend using a liquid wax that dries to a haze. I did this once on my Expel Ultimate and it took a lot of effort to remove it.

docf likes this.