Can I get some feedback of Ferrari of Long Island? | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Can I get some feedback of Ferrari of Long Island?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by DMaury, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    1, 2, 2, 1.....hope that you are not keeping the books...last i checked its 1, 2, 3, 4....

2. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    +1...very well said azzkikr9

3. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    Not really sure how to reference this...your second paragraph number 1...(i guess most everyone else's number 4); you mention and I qoute, "This was simply a decision based on what we felt to be the best reprsentation of our brands to our customers, as well as performance, general conduct and work ethic." Can you fill us in a bit on the character of an individual that is employed at your company by the name of Scott Carlton, he has quite an interesting history with the FBI. Something to do with brothels I believe?

4. azzkikr9

azzkikr9 Karting

Nov 2, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Mr. G
    Boxterboy,

You're wecome!! Glad to see your reply, and glad to see you clarify exactly where you were really coming from. I'm sure that your two cents about FoLI will be duly noted for a while for those of us who will read this thread and for those prospective buyers, but as you very well know EVERY dealer has its share of bad apples but they also have their stars and I am sure that FoLI has customers that are very happy with their service. As most things that transpire in our lives and affect us, we interpret them as we seem them, you know?

All things aside I think you can agree (as you have before) that Rich is a great guy and is a credit to the Ferrari community. I'm sure he would have been happy to acknowledge your help had post #394 of this thread been worded a bit differently or if you had PM’d him and noted your concern, after all…referrals are the life-line to anyone dealing in sales, especially those of luxury items and I'm sure he would have been happy to give you an A+ from the get go.

At any rate, let’s have bygones be bygones and know that your message and opinion has been noted. I’m sure you, as Rich, are a man of good will and will be able to work out any misunderstanding in private. Moving forward, let us all look upon this thread as it was meant to be looked upon!

Be well.

5. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    My point exactly Greg, i was let go from a great job that i bent over backwards for in many ways. For example, i started there and found myself defending both Foli's reputation and your familys reputation on a daily basis because of how the organization treated people. i was the first new face anyone had ever seen at Foli in ten years and so many felt the need to come to me and ask for my assistance in refunding there 5 figure deposits for cars they never got or to simply sell them a car because no one else gave them the time of day. i found myself standing in parking lots in front of restaurants and movie theaters representing the brands during cold winter nights. i was sent to your house every friday to get the entire staffs paychecks including my own signed by your mom. driving cars out of state on my day off because the GM forget to schedule a flat bed. Even showing and teaching you about the systems within the store. all things that a toyota salesman wouldnt have to do, but i did to show my work ethic and eagerness to take foli to the next level. then one day im let go, by the GM who tells me that i drink to much coffee and smoke to many cigarettes. Fine, i move on and get a new job. ONE YEAR later you feel the need to have your brother call my current employer and bad mouth me. WHY? Your dam right im now attacking you personally and rightfully so. I have to earn my money to pay my bills, im not part of the lucky sperm bank. How dare you threaten my livelihood. You mention work ethic, How about the #1 maserati salesman in the united states, we know he had great work ethic and yet you fired him the following month after praising him and sending him to Italy. How about David was his work ethic bad also or was it the fact that he was at the same financial status as your family and couldnt be intimadated by you. How about the dozens of people who worked at massapequa mercedes, Here i am at my current job for one year despite your efforts to get me fired, in fact i recently have been thinking of going back to exotics and expressed these ideas to my dealer principal. He told me he would hate to loose me, that i have proven to be an asset for his company. You mention LIES, do you deny rich's 599 was in an accident and never disclosed to him because i have a picture of it sitting in front of the body shop that the original owner sent me after the fact. do you deny the phone call to my employer, because he can be brought to the stand as well. As far as my threats to you, yes i did but i retract that threat big time, after seeing how your dad has the FBI at his disposal i wont come 30 feet near you. you said somthing about your sister, i dont recall that at all in fact i like her she is a very sweet girl. look in your own mirror "young man" did you forget im older then you. I have been selling luxury cars for 10 years. What have you been doing, i recall you walking into the dealer around noon and dissappearing around 5 you call that working hard day after day. My reputation is such that i can work in any car dealer in america. I have been recognized by both the manufactures and the financial institutions within certain brands. Continue to remain quite and reserve your comments because your first attempt at just trying to sell a car blew up in your face. if you like i can teach you.....First take a look a see why there is more negative feedback on this site about your company then positive on this site and see where you can improve.....Richard is a great guy and should be praised for his generousity, he will continue to buy from you because it was his intial experience with me that brought him their in the first place. (dwhite) i got nothing but love for ya, you have a beautiful iconic car that represents the origins of ferrari. everyone else give your business to whom you like and where you feel you are being treated the best....im finished posting but will return after the trial(FOLI vs UAS) to say told you so. May 2010 bring you all good health, wealth and happiness.

6. smooth

smooth Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2005
    ".....Fortunately we have far far more happy and loyal customers than we do angry ones...."

Are you serious....

In this genre of automobile sales, you should have ZERO angry customers !!!

7. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    i agree with you and just for the record i have reached out to richard many times during the begining times of this incident, in fact the last conversation we had was when he told me about the Enzo, i had replied that i would do some research on the particular car for him and give him my professional opionion. As many know there is a little bit of a spread on enzo's based on mileage condition, tracked or not. i also found it odd that he was the first guy they offered the car too, even though he is a great guy and a great customer of foli there are some people who have been dealling with gianni for years, buying ferraris from him since 348 days and bought every model upto 430's. So that made me concerned if this was gonna be another repeat of the blk 599. So i reach out to these big car collectors and customers to see if they were offered it. many of them were and passed on it. when i asked why the only anwsers i got were the car was ruff and price was out of line. when i tried to relay this message to rich there was no response. i knew at that point stu had done his manipulative job of discrediting me. This is when the whole email scam came to life. so at that point i never heard from richard again.

8. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    "This was simply a decision based on what we felt to be the best reprsentation of our brands to our customers, as well as performance, general conduct and work ethic." Gregs words.

The eastern region corporate maserati representative's words.

"We captured a total of 56 test drives in 3 hours! We were able to showcase Maserati to very qualified clients and six journalists, not to mention the “passengers” who went along for the ride. The feedback from the participants as they stepped off the bus was extremely positive with a note of passion for their experience. The prospects, our sponsors and Talon Air were truly taken with our cars, our presentation and our team. In fact, Michael Bianco from Maserati of Long Island has already sold a car to one of the event participants! Great job!"

a few particular customers words.

"Hi Mike, I heard that you were no longer at the dealership and was very surprised....No one told me anything as to why.......I didn't ask.............I wish you all the success in the world and thanks for the new car good wishes. Thanks for all your help."

mitch

"Hey man, really sorry to hear that. Dealing with you was a major part of my experience with Ferrari of LI and it's going to be a little weird going back there and having to deal with someone else. Anyway, I guess that's life and I'm sure that every door that closes leads you to a new one that's open, and new opportunities. I wish you the best of luck and hope you'll let me know where you end up.

Keep in touch,
    Dino

"Yes, I was aware of the re-hiring of Demetrio. I am not sure of how far you are willing to travel but you know we have Maserati dealers in Spring Valley, NY (Wide World of Cars), Edison, NJ (Maserati of Central NJ), and Greenwich, CT (Miller Motorcars). I am not sure if they are hiring. Good luck and let me know if you are interested."

Ryan Gilmore

Regional Manager

Maserati North America

250 Sylvan Avenue

Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632

Michael,

After you left I took a few minutes to reflect on our conversation. I found it helpful and insightful. I hope that your career brings you all you want. (I always did, and yes I had very high expectations because I felt you had more to bring to the table)

I took exception to your initial email because it neglected a lot of the things I did try to do for you, but given the circumstances I guess that’s how it goes. I agree it’s certainly not worth getting worked up about.

I turned 44 in June and realized that many of my battles weren’t worth fighting. On the same note I’m wired they way I am, and probably will never be a yoga instructor but will mellow with time.

Anyway, that conversation we had here was helpful and in retrospect I wish we would have parted over dinner.

You’re a smart guy Mike, whatever advise I gave you about improving your game was sincere, not being critical.

Thomas Roach
    General Manager
    e-mail: [email protected]

richard stein's words:

Good luck. Keep me posted.

On Fri, May 2, 2008 at 8:27 PM, <B......com> wrote:

Hey Richard, im sorry to inform you that i was let go tonight from the dealership. Im devastated to say the least but i know this to be the nature of the car business all to well. As you being one of my best customers i do not want to loose the relationship we have. Im sure ill be back to work with another highline store shortly and i will let you know where i land. Feel free always to call me if there is anything i can do to help you with your cars.

Sincerely
    Michael Bianco

So tell me greg are you sure their was no personal agenda in my termination, cause if i was an employeer i would sure hire myself based on these responses. i had many more but they were left in my old [email protected] email address, you know the one where you continued to anwser my customers emails and pretend you were me. Isnt that some type of email fraud in itself.

9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

The trial must be over. . . what was the outcome?

10. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    The NY section could benefit from some healthy debate on interesting topics. Still, if this breaks down into a brawl I will shut it down. Remember, civil, no personal attacks.
    BTW, as to my thoughts:

1) A 308 is the iconic f car of the last 25 years. It is not a punchline.

2) I know dwhite. He is a respected and smart guy. Best not to underestimate him here or if he walked into a showroom.

3) Can only comment as to the service dept. When I went to F of LI in 2003, they had some snippy bimbo of the week behind the counter. Did me a favor by working on my bottom feeder Mondial. Even though my $1,000-$8,000 per visit was just as welcome as the guy driving a 360.

4) Later on, the customer service improved, and I was treated fine. They are a dealer; no better or worse than any other.

11. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    these 2 guys need to stop airing it out in public because they both sound bad. like teenage couple with jerky guy dumping girlfriend and now she cant get over it.

12. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    Not sure if I agree spiderman. I must say though that the posts should stay clean and free of attacks on person and family; as well as refraining from using distasteful language. That being said, this thread can prove to be very informative. Obviously there seems to be company policy, staff and/or ownership at Ferrari of Long Island that leaves quite a bit to be desired. This man (Mike) might very well be upset about his termination, however, it appears to me that his anger seems to stem from his previous employer (FoLI) contacting his current employer and attempting to have him fired; which by the way is illegal and a violation of Labor Laws. One going out of their way to try and "take food of of someone's table" is horrible, in any economic climate, and even worse in the current conditions. I will not condone the personal attacks on either party, however, when someone hits below the belt, they might have to be ready to expect the same back.

13. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    #88 boxsterboy986, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    i do wanna apologizes for some of my remarks, i did get out of hand. It was 2 years of pent up fustration. I am even willing to forgive foli under one condition. if foli gives all of its customers free plane rides to where ever they like for the rest of 2010 then all is forgiven.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    In before the lock/ban.

15. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    HAHAHAHAH.....

16. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Hey we can make a contest out of this! I need a good "In before lock" photo for a new card!

17. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    If he paid list price and does whatever the dealer says, I think he ALREADY got the special treatment.

18. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    #93 mseals, Jan 13, 2010
  19. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Nice!

20. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    #95 DrStranglove, Jan 13, 2010
    Let me get this straight, you are ragging on a good customer for no reason other than because you think you deserve credit for them being a good customer?

If I were your customer, I would never buy from you again. Talk about a whiner!! Would you like some cheese with that whine?

Take this with you....

21. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Well played, sir...

HAHAHA...

Mike in Kuwait

22. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB

I thought this thread was suppose to stay clean?

23. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    So FoLI never responds to my question that I had asked(above). I get an email last nite with the complete file related to the criminal case and circumstances. PM me if anyone wants to see it.
    BTW...FoLI opened this door and the thread starter asked for comments on this company. FoLI will profess how bright and shiny they are; but they seem to leave out a few 'minor' details.

Moral of the story....don't throw stones if you live in a glass house.

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Thread closed.