Can I get some feedback of Ferrari of Long Island? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Can I get some feedback of Ferrari of Long Island?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by DMaury, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    +1...Werner is a great guy! Cant compare dealers either, Miller has been around forever, FoLI(new owner) and company are new in the car game, only the last few years...maybe that is why they are so arrogant?

2. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    #27 hexxman, Oct 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    was at universal autosports the other day, got a kick out of the big box of tag frames that they have collected...had to dump a bunch on the ground. they say that they keep them in case customers want them back...i say they are collecting trophies...lol
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Just my opinion. The folks at Ferrari of Long Island are probably very nice people. The couple of times I have been there they have been friendly and cordial. The missing piece for me is THE PASSION.

Ferrari is about passion and there doesn't seem to be much at FoLI. Passion for the marque; Passion for the history; Passion for what Ferrari represents and is. Its one thing to place a car with a new owner but its quite another to indoctrinate a new tifosi. Maybe today's buyer is different from those of the past and maybe they are looking for something different than in the past; this could explain the difference but if FoLI isn't "vacinating" or "rejuvinating" passion for Ferrari they aren't living up to their role not only as a car dealership but as keepers of the Ferrari flame.

4. ace_pilot

ace_pilot Formula Junior

Sep 6, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    George
    Did they remove them or did the customers come with the plates in hand and a torch in the other? I have had my cars serviced at places that would remove the plates from the car (in the other dealers name) and reattach theirs for advertising. They would also put a key chain fob with their name on it. I find it really infuriating that they would spend the time that should have been spent on the car, to remove something without asking me first!

Ace

5. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    As if it were theirs right?

6. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    actually i thought the same thing when i spotted the FoLI frames... i have a carbon fiber plate frame, maybe thats why they didnt change mine. either way, as long as Luigi Scala works on my car and it runs like a champ, i dont mind what my plate frame reads... ;-)

7. Woodworth

Woodworth Rookie

Jul 23, 2008
    NYNY
    Full Name:
    Kent Woodworth
    #32 Woodworth, Oct 2, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2009
    Yes, we do ask about replacing plate frames. They are kept in case the owner wants them, I have numerous ones from other organizatons as well. They are not trophies in my eyes, however the picture speaks a thousand words, you fill in the blanks...

As for FOLI, there are some good quality people working there, each day and each customer bring a new experience.
    This is a free enterprise market, go where you feel welcome, it's your money.

8. krzys@earthlink.net

[email protected] Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2007
    Darien, ct
    Full Name:
    Krzysztof
    I would not try and take a big risk that you end up dealing with some good people at FOLI, precisely b/c it's your money. In this market, there are many reputable dealerships, which will treat you right no matter what. FOLI is NOT one of them.

9. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    well of course he called you after reading all these posts, not mention the ass whooping he got from daddy. this is a 26 yr old boy who has never worked a day in his life, born with a silver spoon in the mouth. also refer to the threads about universal autosports and the lawsuit against them from foli. people were so quick to make comments about UAS, meanwhile has anybody thought to do any research on the hayim family and what they are all about. i worked there with these people and the things i saw and heard amazed me. Just goes to show that with donations and contributions that are made anything can be done or made up. kinda like when 50 fbi agents show up at your house to ask if you emailed somebody. i agree with the other people here saying that the only people in the foli organization worth talking to are Gianni and demetrio and thats because they were all trained by giaccomo ciaccia(UAS)the rest are wannabees. if anybody wants to know the truth about any situation regarding either dealer come to the me, i was the fly on the wall in many conversations!!!!

10. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    i agree and thats because the owners and mgmt dont know anything about it, heck they dont even own ferraris. the franchise should never have been sold to them nor should it have been moved from its historic location. Once again, this is what a bag of money can do

11. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    you still dont get it richard, your experiences were with me. You bought 2 cars from me.i was told by owner not to tell you that your 599 was in a fender bender, hence why the clear tape was never put back on correctly. secondly, if you really think me or UAS hacked into there email is ridiculous. i will have your email address memorized for the rest of my life because of the commissions i made from your purchases. i called you the same day i saw your 599 for sale on there website and thats when you told me you were going to buy an enzo. thats when i ask if i could help or get in the middle so that you dont get screwed again. What that prick of an owner did to those men at UAS is outright disgusting and its all due to his insecurity as a man. You should be giving your service business to UAS because the only man capable of working on such a car is luigi scala. As for everyone else who wonders why they get emails from UAS, its because as a professional salesman i take my book of business to whatever dealer i work for and have every right to call or email you.

12. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    hey kent, what good people. the only good people are the ones in the back and the customers will never meet those people. they will only meet and deal with the idiots in the front. Its just like going to a chevrolet dealer.

13. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    oh stop it, he really isnt a good guy. he is the wasteful byproduct of his arrogant father. When he earns his reputation and respect in this business like the rest of us then so be it, untill then let him do what he does best which is writing montly-newspaper articles for the dealer like he did in school.

14. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    what they do with them is irrelevant. the fact remains that the master technicians that were trained in italy to work on these cars are there at UAS after leaving Foli. They believe in the passion that comes with and goes into a ferrari.

15. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    not to mention if you look at the past history of the mans business you will see he isnt a car guy nor is he interested in being a car dealer. he buys and sells businesses with big returns, just look at the last store he sold after 3yrs of owning it. just wait a bit and you will see a new owner and new faces shortly.

16. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    well i hate them to but the customer is not always right. In fact thats the attitude that some have when they walk into a store and they think they can piss all over the salesman. Some customers deserve to be thrown out. Actually they should be taken out back and shot in front of there kids, j.k. ok not exactly...but when one is in such a position to buy a luxury item like that, they should have nothing but smiles on there face.

17. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    No that wont work at all. Try calling his mother and telling her what a potty mouth her son has, thats if you can locate her. She was traded in for a much younger model although true mileage is still unknown.

18. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    Fors years it kills me that the only reason you have obtained these cars was because i posted your f430 that i sold you online so that i could bring in new business. i was almost fired for doing so. i was told these cars are reserved for there current vip customers and that current ferraris are not suppose to be posted online. you do recall the conversation right? you telling me your local jersey dealer not giving you the time of day. yet i made that deal go through. you are gonna be shocked when this trial comes to a close and you see who comes out on top. i have no bad feelings towards you just shocked that you believe this nonsense. I am glad you have your dream car collection and im not taking credit for that, you earned that. im just happy i thought outside the box and brought a new customer to foli at the time which has benefited them 10 fold.

19. xtcgt

xtcgt Karting

Nov 20, 2009
    Toms River NJ
    Full Name:
    Robert Boynton
    relax. people shop where they feel comfortable. period. its business. thats why there are multiple dealers and pos/neg feedback to all. true to any business.

20. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB

WOW...the truth about this nonsense finally comes out! So if i am reading this correctly boxsterboy(mike) is the "universal autosports salesman" that emailed the buyer from ferrari long island. But all along this buyer, tax man guy(Richard), is Mike's customer. Why didnt the FBI mention that in their press release? oh...i know...then it would not have made the press...i forgot...silly me. Very interseting what some money and political influence can do.

21. hexxman

hexxman Karting

Oct 25, 2006
    Full Name:
    NB
    50(FIFTY) FBI agents??? is that typo??? the guy over at farnbacher loles stole 6 million dollars from his church and the government sent 2-3 metermaids to arrest him...50 agents to arrest someone over an email???? glad to see our tax dr....sorry dollars at work....

22. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    This is the most confusing thread I have read in a long time....What the heck are you talking about? I can't tell if you're mad at something or complementing him on something... I hope it's the latter as I consider Rich a friend- if it's the former maybe you should be talking via private message and not on a public thread, although you better have a good reasonable reason to be mad beyond being bitter he took business elsewhere.

23. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    Once again, I made it a pleasure for you to purchase the car. Why can't you give me the credit I deserve.

24. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    ok lets get somthing straight here. im not mad at anyone. It just bothers me that Richard cant come out and speak the truth. 3 peoples lives were effected and turned upside down due to emails that he and i exchanged. He should speak up and let the FBI or foli know that we were exchanging emails well before he bought the enzo. Therefore nobody had to hack into any email account to find out that he was buying an enzo he told me himself and thats when i asked if i could help and get in the middle. My reasons of wanting to help this man is because he is a great guy and very generous therefore i wanted to make sure foli dosent take advantage of him again. It wasnt until i was terminated that i found out his 599 was in an accident and i felt horrible. If you paid half a million dollars for a car you would want to know the truth. i just want rich to come out and say that mike is the reason he became a foli customer and that he told me himself he was buying an enzo. Lets not make foli or better yet the Hayims out to be saints when in fact they are the biggest con artists in the business. If anyone isnt understanding refer to the universal autosport lawsuit(located at 112 glen st glen cove ny 11542 universlautosports.com)

25. boxsterboy986

boxsterboy986 Rookie

Jun 4, 2008
    how about the bail amounts that were set for these guys $250k you would think they murdered someone for that kinda money.