Wanted - California T Handling Speciale | FerrariChat

Wanted California T Handling Speciale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Jussi, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    Looking for a Cali T Handling Speciale. I’m posting for my dad who is looking to add his first Ferrari. He’s located in Durham, NC, but location is not an issue for the right car.

We’ve looked through the examples on the market but not found the one yet. This being his first Ferrari, red exterior with cuoio or beige interior are first preference.

Preferences, first 3 must haves:
    • Handling Speciale
    • <15K miles
    • Clear history with no accidents or damage
    • Carbon fiber steering wheel
    • Color preferences: red, blue and gray/silver, willing to consider others
    • Interior: cuoio, beige, cioccolato, willing to consider others
    • Nice to haves: more options the better. Remaining factory or New Power Warranty is a plus.
    Please let me know if you are looking to sell your Cali T. Buyer is ready to make the purchase when the right car is found. Thanks!

2. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I missed my Cali T HS. great choice! sure your dad will love it.

russellmcg and Jussi like this.
  3. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    I’m sure he will too! He is a long time Porsche guy and now in his sixties. We were looking for a 991.2 or 992 Turbo S for him at first. Took him one visit to Ferrari dealership to see how much more special they are.

4. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    Clarification to colors: all shades of blue are high on preferences as well. Handling Speciale and a non-black interior are must haves. I’m surprised how hard this combination is to find. Please let me know if you own or know of one being sold that is not listed at the moment.

5. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    Update - may consider cars without Handling Speciale.

Must haves for non-HS units are:
    • Red or blue exterior
    • Beige/brown/light interior
    • Magneride
    • 10K miles or less
    • Well optioned examples preferred
    • Extended Warranty is a plus

6. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    Still on the lookout for a Cali T. After giving it more thought the search is narrowing to a blue Cali T with either beige, cuoio or cioccolato interior. Tour de France is #1 choice but interested in other blues as well.

Lower the miles the better, preference on a Handling Speciale but willing to look into well optioned non-HS examples as long as they have Magneride. Any offers or leads are appreciated!

7. SLViper1

SLViper1 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2014
    Nashville/Destin
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Here is a tip, TDF/Cuoio is fabulous, you do not need HS, you do not need Magneride on a Cali T. The suspension, ride and handling are excellent.
    If you find the color, lower miles and condition write the check!
    Your Welcome

Piper likes this.
  8. KY _Soldier

KY _Soldier Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Did you ever find one? There was a great one at Ron Tomkin. I should have grabbed it myself but wasn't to be.

9. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    Hey, thanks for checking! We still have not found the right car. I think the one at Ron Tonkin looked great, but my dad passed on that as he wasn’t a huge fan of the interior and the miles were higher. He is pretty set at the moment in finding a really low miles car.
    The 2017-2018 low mileage Cali T:s currently on the market seem to all have lighter spec. Portofino prices are closing 200 and some are even under, so we’ve broadened our search to include Portofinos as well.

10. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    Lol. I am in the same boat. Once you open that can of worms, you also realize you can just order your own Porto M and for mid 200s you can have exactly what you want. I may even go that way. Have you considered it?

Jussi likes this.
  11. drcollie

drcollie Karting

Dec 15, 2013
    Sales Advisor at Ferrari of Washington (DC) says once the order book opens on the Portfolio M, they expect to have a number of 2019/2020 Portofino owners order new cars as many are already asking. When that happens, he predicts that 1st Gen Portofinos will be in the $ 180's / low 190's by March/April '21 so his advise was to be patient and wait it out a few months.

Jussi likes this.
  12. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    This is interesting information and supports what I’ve seen on the market since this summer. I think 1st gen Portofinos will be a really good deal at that point. If they will hold up price as well as optioned, low mileage Cali T:s have, the depreciation hit should be pretty low.

This whole Ferrari project started when we were considering ordering a 992 Turbo S. Probably won’t order a new one so the car will be ready to enjoy next spring. Interesting to see how much prices react to Portofino M orders opening like drcollie mentioned, and probably Romas arriving affected it as well.
    The way I see it is a base 1st gen Portofino should be on par with a Cali T HS and the price difference is really narrowing at the moment. That being said a Cali T with right colors and options is absolutely gorgeous car as well!

13. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Mine was a beast, hands down the best sports car I've ever owned. Had neither handling or magna.

SLViper1 and Jussi like this.
  14. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    Oh I have no doubt, I bet it’s awesome without as well. We’re just pretty fixed on some of the “must-haves” at this point.

15. KY _Soldier

Oct 13, 2008
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Eric Rahman
    The other thing is that since many Ferrari owners DO find HS desirable, it's good to know that when it's time to sell, it will be an easier sale than a lightly optioned one. At that point all you can do is lower your price. Speaking of all this, has anyone seen the bare bones Porto for sale? White with black interior and literally, ZERO options (except scud shields that for some reason are not listed on the trunk plate). This will be the first Porto to break into Cali T pricing territory. https://preowned.ferrari.com/us/US/search/2019/ferrari/portofino/2019_ferrari_portofino-ferrari_of_long_island-ZFF89FPA1K0241385

16. Jussi

Jussi Rookie

May 28, 2019
    South Kensington, MD
    Full Name:
    Jussi
    I’ve seen that white one. Really low miles for the money, but it does look bare bones too, especially the interior. Here’s a Nero Daytona/Cuoio with higher miles for $189,885, no pics or options list yet: https://www.ferraricf.com/used-vehicle-2019-ferrari-portofino-conv-c-429/

17. drcollie

drcollie Karting

Dec 15, 2013
    I can't get past the fingerprint smudges all over the MMI screen on the Long Island car.....

18. Phil_W

Phil_W Rookie

Jun 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Philip Wilce
    Bought my First Ferrari a month ago - Cali-T with the HS pack - handling is super light and dynamic - drove one without and the response on gearchange, handling and sound just werent the same - I went for the black with black interior with red highlights everywhere - stunningly gorgeous and the whole world seems to love it.... Go for the HS its worth it for certain

KY _Soldier likes this.
  19. Hulk

Hulk Rookie

Nov 21, 2020
    Los Angeles , California
    Full Name:
    Bruce Banner
  20. robstand

robstand Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

May 13, 2019
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Robert S.
    I don't think I could ever let go of my TdF/Cuoio California T. The combo is just too beautiful. Mine has full leather--even the steering wheel--with blue stitching and diamond quilt seats. It's perfect. I can't believe I found it.

I'm not helping, I know.

Hulk likes this.